ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bye Week
cmett003 Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
Bye Week
Need to get healthy this week before C-USA play. There is no one on the schedule that really scares me. Everyone is beatable. Need to get the offense going. I see signs of life but need to make major steps in the next couple weeks.
09-25-2017 08:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bigblueodu Offline
1st String

RE: Bye Week
(09-25-2017 08:10 AM)cmett003 Wrote:  Need to get healthy this week before C-USA play. There is no one on the schedule that really scares me. Everyone is beatable. Need to get the offense going. I see signs of life but need to make major steps in the next couple weeks.

What's the latest injury news.... anything coming out of Blacksburg?
09-25-2017 08:32 AM
cmett003 Offline
All American

Have not heard of any more injuries.
09-25-2017 08:48 AM
odufansam Offline
1st String

We are all disappointed with the last two weeks, but UNC and VT are a major upgrade over App State and NC State (last years OOC losses). With Williams at QB, I think we still have a good shot at a bowl game. The key is getting our ground game going.
09-25-2017 09:07 AM
ODU True Blue Online
All American

So what do we do this Saturday?

1) go see fecesU’s football team play...oh wait...
2) decide do we root for Clemson this week or Teck?
3) watch other CUSA teams on TV...if we can find one
4) [fill in the blanks]
09-25-2017 09:16 AM
ODUODUODU Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
(09-25-2017 09:16 AM)ODU True Blue Wrote:  So what do we do this Saturday?

2) decide do we root for Clemson this week or Teck?
3) watch other CUSA teams on TV...if we can find one
4) [fill in the blanks]

I'm not sure who to root for (Tech or Clemson). My evil side giggles if Tech get beat. My head says we look better if Tech beats them 40 to 0. What kind of logic applies?
09-25-2017 09:29 AM
Advertisement

ODUBB35 Offline
Heisman

(09-25-2017 09:16 AM)ODU True Blue Wrote:  So what do we do this Saturday?
[Image: 7148]

Oops. Got my creatures confused. Spiders? Pinworms? All the same.

(09-25-2017 09:16 AM)ODU True Blue Wrote:  2) decide do we root for Clemson this week or Teck?
Tech. They will improve our RPI.

(09-25-2017 09:16 AM)ODU True Blue Wrote:  3) watch other CUSA teams on TV...if we can find one
As long as it's not Charlotte. I mean, I know that they are newbies, but 28-0 to Georgia State???

(09-25-2017 09:16 AM)ODU True Blue Wrote:  4) [fill in the blanks]
I'll leave that one to Petey.
09-25-2017 09:38 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

We probably need to fire the entire staff in the bye week and see if we can go after Mike London or something. AMIRITE?!!?!?!?!

(sarcasm, folks)
09-25-2017 09:48 AM
Monarchblue Offline
Heisman

(09-25-2017 09:48 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  We probably need to fire the entire staff in the bye week and see if we can go after Mike London or something. AMIRITE?!!?!?!?!

(sarcasm, folks)

Probably should at least fire the OC. I guarantee that we, for the second straight week, will not score.
09-25-2017 10:09 AM
AimHigher Offline
Heisman

Two players I had hoped would have break out seasons were Cox and Fulgham but either have been impressive so far. We blame the Oline for Cox lack of success but in four games he seems lost at times not picking up blocks and fumbling the ball every game so far (fumbled in UMass game but wasn't recorded)... Fulgham with drop balls and giving up in a few deep routes to early. I'd like to see more of Patterson, Harper and Sinclair getting more touches.
09-25-2017 10:21 AM
Monarchist13 Offline

(09-25-2017 10:09 AM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
(09-25-2017 09:48 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  We probably need to fire the entire staff in the bye week and see if we can go after Mike London or something. AMIRITE?!!?!?!?!

(sarcasm, folks)

Probably should at least fire the OC. I guarantee that we, for the second straight week, will not score.

True. :lmfao:

I'm pleasantly surprised noone has started a fire Wilder thread yet.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2017 10:27 AM by Monarchist13.)
09-25-2017 10:26 AM
Advertisement

odu83alumni Offline
All American

I Root For: odu
The teams rests a few days and gets physical therapy. Then gets back to work on blocking running and catching the ball. Regardless I believe this team makes a bowl game. We watch the Conference USA games and I pull for Clemson. I hope the young guys are ready to step up and make the most of their opportunities.
09-25-2017 10:37 AM
odu83alumni Offline
All American

Florida Atlantic @ Middle Tennessee this weekend should be interesting.
09-25-2017 11:35 AM
ODUalum78 Online
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
(09-25-2017 10:21 AM)AimHigh Wrote:  Two players I had hoped would have break out seasons were Cox and Fulgham but either have been impressive so far. We blame the Oline for Cox lack of success but in four games he seems lost at times not picking up blocks and fumbling the ball every game so far (fumbled in UMass game but wasn't recorded)... Fulgham with drop balls and giving up in a few deep routes to early. I'd like to see more of Patterson, Harper and Sinclair getting more touches.

Yeah, Simmons and Sinclair have shown promise. I don't know what has happened to Cox.
Fulgham has not held on to the ball well, and doesn't seem to yet have the "go up and fight for the ball" instinct of Duhart or the breakaway speed.

Because of his speed, general (I hope) understanding of routes, and at least rudimentary understanding of our offense, I would like to see Jordan Hoy moved to WR.
Based on his individual stats, if accurate, he likely could outrun many DBs.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2017 01:03 PM by ODUalum78.)
09-25-2017 01:02 PM
AimHigher Offline
Heisman

(09-25-2017 01:02 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  
(09-25-2017 10:21 AM)AimHigh Wrote:  Two players I had hoped would have break out seasons were Cox and Fulgham but either have been impressive so far. We blame the Oline for Cox lack of success but in four games he seems lost at times not picking up blocks and fumbling the ball every game so far (fumbled in UMass game but wasn't recorded)... Fulgham with drop balls and giving up in a few deep routes to early. I'd like to see more of Patterson, Harper and Sinclair getting more touches.

Yeah, Simmons and Sinclair have shown promise. I don't know what has happened to Cox.
Fulgham has not held on to the ball well, and doesn't seem to yet have the "go up and fight for the ball" instinct of Duhart or the breakaway speed.

Because of his speed, general (I hope) understanding of routes, and at least rudimentary understanding of our offense, I would like to see Jordan Hoy moved to WR.
Based on his individual stats, if accurate, he likely could outrun many DBs.

I am all for plug and play type of players! Back before the UNC game and before everything unfolded a source stated that BL, Hoy, and DA had been practicing at WR and RB leading up to the UNC game. I could see Hoy moving to WR or RB and maybe having some success, BL maybe WR base on his knowledge of the system and the routes but lacks the type of speed needed for every down maybe has the hands for quick out routes. DA who knows.

(09-14-2017 02:12 PM)AimHigh Wrote:  Maybe someone with a different source can confirm what I was told today... Heard BL, Hoy and DA have been practicing plays at WR and Hoy at RB during practice.
09-25-2017 01:25 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

Fulgham was expected to be the number 2 guy and now has to face the lead dog and get the attention moreso. I would say he has not been ready, but he tore UNC a new one....but really struggled vs. VT. I think he will be fine, but we need more from the other guys...Ellison, Harper, Patterson, etc.

Cox just doesn't look the same. Maybe the hip is really bothering him, but he could be facing bench time if he keeps fumbling once per game.
09-25-2017 01:50 PM
Advertisement

odu83alumni Offline
All American

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/ori...9e7cfa.jpg

How I feel about the rest of the season.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2017 04:17 PM by odu83alumni.)
09-25-2017 04:16 PM
ETSUDB8-79 Offline
Coach

I Root For: ODU-ETSU
(09-25-2017 04:16 PM)odu83alumni Wrote:  https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/ori...9e7cfa.jpg

How I feel about the rest of the season.

Well played Good Sir., loved it I would add my strong belief that we will not be beaten this week despite our injuries. I started going to football games in the 1950s when my dad was a coach. In all the decades since I have NEVER observed a score where Brigham Young East (BYE) won. Ergo, I am extremely confident about this week. GO ODU! 04-cheers
09-26-2017 08:44 AM
ODUMONARCHZ1 Offline
Heisman

Random but I think vcu pav works at my job... I saw a car out in the parking lot with vcu pav as the license plate...

Sent from my SM-G928P using CSNbbs mobile app
09-26-2017 11:45 AM
ODUalum78 Online
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
(09-26-2017 11:45 AM)ODUMONARCHZ1 Wrote:  Random but I think vcu pav works at my job... I saw a car out in the parking lot with vcu pav as the license plate...

Sent from my SM-G928P using CSNbbs mobile app
04-jawdrop03-puke
09-26-2017 11:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.