RE: Lions
Only the Lions
09-24-2017 03:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
Add it to the long list of bizarre, last second, heartbreak losses.
09-24-2017 03:30 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

The fix is in.

I've seen the Lions screwed over by the refs so many damn times. It's infuriating. Why do we continue to let the refs play refball? How was that not a touchdown????
09-24-2017 03:34 PM

brovol Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
If the same thing happened to the patriots or the cowboys, they would change the runoff rule tomorrow, but of course they would have never reversed the TD against the patriots or cowboys in the first place.

Couple other things though. The interference call against us, and the holding call before that were terrible calls too. And will someone explain why Caldwell always uses up timeouts when there is over three minutes left in the game? He does this every time, and it changes things because of that. If the lions score right away, it actually leaves time for our opponent to score, and that has happened before. There is no advantage to calling them too early.
09-24-2017 03:51 PM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WMU & UofM
(09-24-2017 03:34 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  The fix is in.

I've seen the Lions screwed over by the refs so many damn times. It's infuriating. Why do we continue to let the refs play refball? How was that not a touchdown????

The replay crew failed to put time back on the clock IF in fact he was down prior to the goalline. Tate was standing up 2 yards into the end zone when they stopped the clock at 0:08. Should've been 0:11 left at that point. 10 second runoff would've left 0:01 and a final play.
09-24-2017 10:58 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

(09-24-2017 10:58 PM)WMUlaxer97 Wrote:  
(09-24-2017 03:34 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  The fix is in.

The replay crew failed to put time back on the clock IF in fact he was down prior to the goalline. Tate was standing up 2 yards into the end zone when they stopped the clock at 0:08. Should've been 0:11 left at that point. 10 second runoff would've left 0:01 and a final play.

2 huge officiating mistakes during one long review. How bad can one crew be?
09-24-2017 11:02 PM

GullLake Offline
1st String

I Root For: The MAC
Screw the NFL.

I won't attend, or watch, it.

Plenty of good college & high school ball, plus other things to do for less $ and without the NFL's pretension.

The NFL, and many of its players, think they are the center of the universe. However, they are rapidly becoming "Dead Man Walking."
09-25-2017 07:45 AM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(09-25-2017 07:45 AM)GullLake Wrote:  Screw the NFL.

I won't attend, or watch, it.

Plenty of good college & high school ball, plus other things to do for less $ and without the NFL's pretension.

The NFL, and many of its players, think they are the center of the universe. However, they are rapidly becoming "Dead Man Walking."

When the players started kneeling and stretching during the National Anthem they lost me. I'm through with the NFL and I suspect I'm not alone. No more game attendance, no TV, no buying products who advertise during the games, no paraphenalia.

Let them do their protesting to half full stadiums with ticket revenue decreasing, like I care.
09-25-2017 09:41 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Heisman

Watching the replays today it appears that it was subjective as if Tate's knee actually hit the ground... when his knee comes in contact with the top of the grass (not actually down to the ground) he used his toes to propel himself into the endzone and his knee never dragged across the ground... no actual visual of turf movement... oh well... as a lions fan I am used to it...
09-25-2017 09:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.