Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Thread: Georgia State @ Charlotte 6pm EST
Bookmark and Share
wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Game Thread: Georgia State @ Charlotte 6pm EST
While most Charlotte fans are concerned about how to get rid our chancellor, AD, and coach...this is probably our best opportunity to get off the winless train.

I still think we squeak one out here but that's far from a guarantee. Any Georgia State fans care to give some insight on their team this year?
09-22-2017 09:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ah59396 Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
RE: Game Thread: Georgia State @ Charlotte 6pm EST
This is honestly a very important game for both programs. Whether they like it or not, the two Universities have a ton of commonalities and are likely going to build a rivalry. The city of Atlanta vs. the city Charlotte alone is a rivalry, as Charlotte generally plays the "little brother" to Atlanta, trying to find ways to catch up/surpass it.

Given neither program currently has a natural rivalry based on their youth, I think there is a lot of promise here for some long term destation. Besides that, it's an important game for the reputation of both programs. I'd be beating a dead horse to say they've both faced some challenges early on in their time in FBS, the winner of this game will at the very least get to point at the other and state, "well we aren't as bad as them this year". Which during rough seasons, can make all the difference for the psyche of the fan.

Lastly, despite what many will say, it does have conference implications. CUSA, IMO, is stronger than the Sunbelt this year. And while we won't get to see the Sunbelt's best face CUSA's best this season (I don't think?), we will get to see arguably each's weakest team face off. There at least bragging rights on the line here to say "our worst team isn't as bad as yours".

In all honesty this is a game I'm actually fairly intrigued with and will likely watch. Anyways, for the sake of conference brethren, go Panthers!?
09-22-2017 01:32 PM
NTTHOR Offline
1st String

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
channel or online only?
09-22-2017 01:59 PM
Mr. Bojangles Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CHARLOTTE
(09-22-2017 01:59 PM)NTTHOR Wrote:  channel or online only?

It's on TV in a few markets.

https://twitter.com/Charlotte49ers/statu...1171820544

Watch @Charlotte49erFB:
Charlotte, WCCB
M. Beach, WFXB
Charleston, WCIV
Atlanta, WPCH
W'ton, WILM
PHI, Comcast
MASN
COX SPORTS
09-22-2017 02:22 PM
Advertisement

chidave Offline
Special Teams

On the bright side somebody's got to win!
09-22-2017 02:47 PM
Mr. Bojangles Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CHARLOTTE
(09-22-2017 02:47 PM)chidave Wrote:  On the bright side somebody's got to win!
The only winners here are the people who don't have to watch this game.

At least we can buy beer at our stadium now. 04-cheers04-cheers04-cheers
09-22-2017 02:52 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Go Charlotte! Don't lose!
09-22-2017 02:57 PM
Advertisement

Nugget49er Offline
1st String

(09-22-2017 01:32 PM)ah59396 Wrote:  This is honestly a very important game for both programs. Whether they like it or not, the two Universities have a ton of commonalities and are likely going to build a rivalry. The city of Atlanta vs. the city Charlotte alone is a rivalry, as Charlotte generally plays the "little brother" to Atlanta, trying to find ways to catch up/surpass it.

Given neither program currently has a natural rivalry based on their youth, I think there is a lot of promise here for some long term destation. Besides that, it's an important game for the reputation of both programs. I'd be beating a dead horse to say they've both faced some challenges early on in their time in FBS, the winner of this game will at the very least get to point at the other and state, "well we aren't as bad as them this year". Which during rough seasons, can make all the difference for the psyche of the fan.

Lastly, despite what many will say, it does have conference implications. CUSA, IMO, is stronger than the Sunbelt this year. And while we won't get to see the Sunbelt's best face CUSA's best this season (I don't think?), we will get to see arguably each's weakest team face off. There at least bragging rights on the line here to say "our worst team isn't as bad as yours".

In all honesty this is a game I'm actually fairly intrigued with and will likely watch. Anyways, for the sake of conference brethren, go Panthers!?

A well reasoned post. You are not really an App fan, are you? 02-13-banana
09-22-2017 03:04 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
Depends on which GSU shows up. If it's the one from the Tenn State game we are screwed. Also we need Connor Manning managing, not trying to be an actual manning. If we run the ball 40 plus times we win.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
09-22-2017 03:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NTTHOR Offline
1st String

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
(09-22-2017 02:22 PM)Mr. Bojangles Wrote:  
(09-22-2017 01:59 PM)NTTHOR Wrote:  channel or online only?

It's on TV in a few markets.

https://twitter.com/Charlotte49ers/statu...1171820544

Watch @Charlotte49erFB:
Charlotte, WCCB
M. Beach, WFXB
Charleston, WCIV
Atlanta, WPCH
W'ton, WILM
PHI, Comcast
MASN
COX SPORTS

thanks...i get masn...i believe
09-22-2017 03:25 PM
Advertisement

ah59396 Offline
1st String

(09-22-2017 03:04 PM)Nugget49er Wrote:  
(09-22-2017 01:32 PM)ah59396 Wrote:  This is honestly a very important game for both programs. Whether they like it or not, the two Universities have a ton of commonalities and are likely going to build a rivalry. The city of Atlanta vs. the city Charlotte alone is a rivalry, as Charlotte generally plays the "little brother" to Atlanta, trying to find ways to catch up/surpass it.

Without question. Enjoy my rationality for now 04-cheers, because I hope we beat you guys like a drum in your own house next fall. But for now, good luck this season.
09-22-2017 03:30 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-22-2017 03:30 PM)ah59396 Wrote:  
(09-22-2017 03:04 PM)Nugget49er Wrote:  

Without question. Enjoy my rationality for now 04-cheers, because I hope we beat you guys like a drum in your own house next fall. But for now, good luck this season.

Unless we both get new coaching staffs and yours is significantly worse and ours is significantly better, getting beaten like a drum seems like a distinct possibility. 03-puke
09-22-2017 03:43 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
Having ramen-noodle-for-lunch low fundage right now or I'd be at this game. Should be very competitive.
09-22-2017 09:27 PM
Advertisement

Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

There is a natural rivalry between the two cities, but put me in the camp of hoping Charlotte doesn't become another Atlanta.

The play on this game is the over at 51. Interesting the public money all week has gone to UNCC.

How is UNCC serving beer now, only in a club area?
09-23-2017 07:45 AM
gsuncc Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GaState, Charlotte
Both teams struggling to find anything positive this season, could make for an interesting game...of course I personally love/hate this game....oh well. At least there's beer.
09-23-2017 08:04 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-23-2017 07:45 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  There is a natural rivalry between the two cities, but put me in the camp of hoping Charlotte doesn't become another Atlanta.

The play on this game is the over at 51. Interesting the public money all week has gone to UNCC.

How is UNCC serving beer now, only in a club area?

No, it's an area open to anyone. It's roped off though and beer can't leave that area.

Im not sure how we pulled it off, but now that we have I expect to see other schools in NC follow in our foot steps.

I also hope to see.something a little more permanent in future seasons. They are serving OMB as a local beer in there. It's be great to see them donate some money to make it look/feel more like a beer garden.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2017 08:34 AM by Niner National.)
09-23-2017 08:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.