Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Nebraska AD fired today
Bookmark and Share
usm99 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
OT: Nebraska AD fired today
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story...n-eichorst

Nebraska has fired athletic director Shawn Eichorst, the school announced Thursday. He had been the school's AD since 2012.

Instead of firing the coach Nebraska has fired it's AD after losing to NIU this past weekend. Not saying the coach should or shouldn't be fired but it's not too often you see an AD get fired after a football loss.
09-21-2017 01:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
RE: OT: Nebraska AD fired today
(09-21-2017 01:42 PM)usm99 Wrote:  http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story...n-eichorst

Nebraska has fired athletic director Shawn Eichorst, the school announced Thursday. He had been the school's AD since 2012.

Instead of firing the coach Nebraska has fired it's AD after losing to NIU this past weekend. Not saying the coach should or shouldn't be fired but it's not too often you see an AD get fired after a football loss.

Makes sense. You fire the football coach and then the same AD that hired him hires the replacement.

So fire the AD first. Get a new guy in and tell him to fire the old football coach. Lol.

Northern Illinois did what Arky State couldn't do. Beat a very bad (for quite some time) Nebraska.
09-21-2017 01:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(09-21-2017 01:47 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  Makes sense. You fire the football coach and then the same AD that hired him hires the replacement.

So fire the AD first. Get a new guy in and tell him to fire the old football coach. Lol.

Northern Illinois did what Arky State couldn't do. Beat a very bad (for quite some time) Nebraska.

Just like Frank Solich, Bo Pelini should have never been fired.

Frank Solich was 58-19 after 6 years at Nebraska and Bo Pelini was 67-27 after 7 years. Nebraska has to realize that there isn't another Tom Osborne walking through the door anytime soon.
09-21-2017 01:56 PM
FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
What's the over/under on hours before Kiffin starts following Nebraska football on twitter? 05-stirthepot
09-21-2017 02:19 PM
Advertisement

pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
(09-21-2017 01:56 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  
(09-21-2017 01:47 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  Makes sense. You fire the football coach and then the same AD that hired him hires the replacement.

Frank Solich was 58-19 after 6 years at Nebraska and Bo Pelini was 67-27 after 7 years. Nebraska has to realize that there isn't another Tom Osborne walking through the door anytime soon.

I have been saying this years. I love the Nebraska style of football, but the recruits just aren't there like in Alabama or Texas.
09-21-2017 02:58 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
UAB AD Mark Ingram to Nebraska. This happens I'll give up drinking.
09-21-2017 03:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
In related news, Charlotte's AD plans vacation tour of Midwest.
09-21-2017 04:42 PM
Advertisement

Reggie Favre Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
(09-21-2017 02:19 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  What's the over/under on hours before Kiffin starts following Nebraska football on twitter? 05-stirthepot

lol good one!
09-21-2017 07:07 PM
Mr. Bojangles Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CHARLOTTE
(09-21-2017 04:42 PM)THUNDERGround Wrote:  In related news, Charlotte's AD plans vacation tour of Midwest.
I wonder if Nebraska is interested in winning multiple Title IX National Championships?
09-22-2017 08:53 AM
wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(09-21-2017 04:42 PM)THUNDERGround Wrote:  In related news, Charlotte's AD plans vacation tour of Midwest.

Why would she go anywhere? Making over 200k a year with no expectations as the big donors of the program are her buddies and her boss is a Chapel Hill crony who loves seeing us struggle with mediocrity.
09-22-2017 09:06 AM
Advertisement

SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard

As for wins and losses go just make a call to Art Briles and bingo there you go.
09-22-2017 09:59 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(09-22-2017 09:59 AM)SoMs Eagle Wrote:  

As for wins and losses go just make a call to Art Briles and bingo there you go.

Art Briles was dirty and win at all cost coach but Baylor had many problems before he got there, hell even the CFL won't support him working there. If I were AD anywhere I wouldn't touch anyone on his staff at Houston or Baylor. Frank Solich and Bo Pelini are both HC again, Solich at Ohio and Pelini at Youngstown State. They have nothing in common with Briles.
09-22-2017 10:47 AM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(09-22-2017 10:47 AM)HerdZoned Wrote:  
(09-22-2017 09:59 AM)SoMs Eagle Wrote:  

Art Briles was dirty and win at all cost coach but Baylor had many problems before he got there, hell even the CFL won't support him working there. If I were AD anywhere I wouldn't touch anyone on his staff at Houston or Baylor. Frank Solich and Bo Pelini are both HC again, Solich at Ohio and Pelini at Youngstown State. They have nothing in common with Briles.

I don't believe AB got in trouble with the NCAA until Baylor and it wasn't because of recruiting. For that matter it may have been a slight bit worse than that real POS at Louisville now. He is a great recruiter and developing talent is his specialty. Been a big winner every place he's been. I'd love to give him a second chance.
09-22-2017 02:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.