Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UMKC task force could call for them dropping to D2
Bookmark and Share
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Seattle U
UMKC task force could call for them dropping to D2
LINK

Quote:“The task force originally started as one of a few projects looking at various operations and budgets,” said Luppino. “Then it evolved from there. It really got going in earnest last spring. A lot of the heavy lifting was done last semester.”

The CIE Athletics Task Force addresses three primary questions. The first is whether UMKC should continue to have Intercollegiate Athletics and what level of subsidy for the department should come from general revenues.

The second is whether UMKC should drop to a lower division or continue as a NCAA Division I. If we should drop, then what is the best fit and why? And lastly, if the school decides to remain in Division I, should switching conferences be considered?

“We’ve looked at all kinds of data,” said Luppino. “Not only about UMKC, but about different schools and different options for athletics. We’ve been comparing different costs and benefits of different programs and divisions.”
09-15-2017 11:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

rooinblue Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UMKC
RE: UMKC task force could call for them dropping to D2
And lastly, if the school decides to remain in Division I, should switching conferences be considered?

Prepping the folks at home for the change in conferences, which will reduce expenses.
09-15-2017 11:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

(09-15-2017 11:35 AM)rooinblue Wrote:  And lastly, if the school decides to remain in Division I, should switching conferences be considered?

Prepping the folks at home for the change in conferences, which will reduce expenses.

Summit has an opening for 10th member
09-15-2017 11:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rooinblue Offline
Water Engineer

Bingo!
09-15-2017 01:50 PM

CrimsonPhantom Offline
A WAC Sheriff!

I Root For: NM State
(09-15-2017 01:50 PM)rooinblue Wrote:  Bingo!

So no matter what, UMKC is leaving.
09-15-2017 02:02 PM
Clarity Offline
Banned

I Root For: CSUB
Yeah this isn't surprising. They have been having some serious budget problems for a while and have had budget cuts and layoffs.. They have never found success, not in the Summit and not in the WAC. D2 seems much more likely than D1.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2017 02:36 PM by Clarity.)
09-15-2017 02:10 PM
RoosHouse Online
Bench Warmer

The state of Missouri is not that interested in funding higher education like California is and were not for profit like GCU. Not necessarily opposed to it. Division 1 is rigged against the small guys anyway.
09-15-2017 03:39 PM

SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

What would UMKC leaving mean for Chicago State? They'd be alone as a major outlier with an expiring contract..... but that would leave the WAC at 7 members
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2017 04:08 PM by SeattleVandals.)
09-15-2017 04:07 PM
Clarity Offline
Banned

Worth noting their contract with the WAC is up at the end of this season. This is almost certainly their last year in the WAC imo.
09-15-2017 04:08 PM
Clarity Offline
Banned

(09-15-2017 04:07 PM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  What would UMKC leaving mean for Chicago State? They'd be alone as a major outlier with an expiring contract..... but that would leave the WAC at 7 members

Probably keep them in on a year to year contract until the WAC can find another immediate move. Chicago State has nowhere else to go so they will probably stay. Definitely not ideal.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2017 04:12 PM by Clarity.)
09-15-2017 04:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.