Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Never Forget
NIUAlum90 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
Never Forget
9/11/01

I was in DC that day 23rd and M NW. The terrorism expert we had just hired, Jerry Paul Bremer, was all over the local news that day. He was the person who handed Iraq back to the Iraqis a few years later.

They handed us all water since they didn't know if the reservoirs were poisoned. We could only go out of DC. Only military, doctors and police were let in. Metro was shut down.

Remember finally making it home, seeing the wife, ordering UNO's pizza, picking it up and sitting and watching the coverage the rest of the night.

I worked for Marsh and a lot of my friends were in NY that day for a conference. Some were late and that saved their lives.

Some worked in the 95th floor, the one that was hit first. They didn't make it.

God bless all who run into danger and not from it.

16 years later, seems like yesterday.

What are your stories?
09-11-2017 10:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

VA49er Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: Never Forget
Just started my first job out of grad school. Didn't do much work after the news hit.
09-11-2017 10:43 AM
Niner National Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
I was in 9th grade. First period was gym class and we were outside, so I didn't know anything about it until second period. I walked into my english class and the TV was on. I walked into that class just a few minutes after the second tower was hit.

We sat around the rest of the day watching the news, speculating who it was and whether our city might be a target. It seemed very surreal that day and it still does today when I think back on it.

My girlfriend's sister worked in a building across from the WTC. She was late to work that morning. Her building didn't collapse, but it was completely destroyed by the collapse of the towers.
09-11-2017 10:47 AM
ArmyBlazer Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB
I remember talking to my grandmother when I was little and thinking that, after all the years that had passed, how amazing it was that she could remember exactly where she was and what she was doing when she got the news of the Pearl Harbor attack. I couldn't comprehend how something could become so engrained in one's memory.

I was in the 10th grade in Memphis and in 2nd period English when we got the news. We had just finished grading a pop quiz when the teacher's husband called her cell and told her to turn on the tv. School was cancelled and I spent the rest of the day and well into the night glued to the tv with my family. It was such a surreal experience and I can't believe it's been so long now since it happened.

I couldn't tell you much of anything else about the rest of my 10th grade year, but I can see those 1st few moments after we found out as clear as if it just happened.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2017 11:24 AM by ArmyBlazer.)
09-11-2017 11:24 AM

UofMTigerTim Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
I was getting ready for work when my wife told me a plane just crashed into the World Trade Center. My initial thought was of a guy in a Cessna who got to close and the winds pushed him into the building. When I got to a TV I realized it was much worse. Then when the second plane hit I knew it was War.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2017 04:08 PM by UofMTigerTim.)
09-11-2017 11:55 AM
Fitbud Offline
Legend

I Root For: PAC 12
I was in my first year of teaching. I remember stopping everything and doing a lesson on terrorism the rest of the week beginning with our involvment in the War in Afghanistan.
09-11-2017 12:03 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Legend

I Root For: America and UC
Saudi Arabia government ‘funded dry run' for 9/11, legal documents claim
Two Saudi nationals and government employees tested flight deck security on internal flight.

The Saudi Arabian embassy in Washington DC may have funded a “dry run” of the 9/11 attacks, according to evidence submitted to an ongoing lawsuit against the Saudi government.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...38791.html
09-11-2017 12:10 PM

Fitbud Offline
Legend

I Root For: PAC 12
(09-11-2017 12:10 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Saudi Arabia government ‘funded dry run' for 9/11, legal documents claim
Two Saudi nationals and government employees tested flight deck security on internal flight.

The Saudi Arabian embassy in Washington DC may have funded a “dry run” of the 9/11 attacks, according to evidence submitted to an ongoing lawsuit against the Saudi government.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...38791.html

The famous actor James Woods claimed publicly that he was on a flight that he later determined was a dry run for a terrorist attack.

According to him, he reported it to the FBI and they dismissed the event.
09-11-2017 12:13 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
A WAC Sheriff!

I Root For: NM State
(09-11-2017 10:47 AM)Niner National Wrote:  I was in 9th grade. First period was gym class and we were outside, so I didn't know anything about it until second period. I walked into my english class and the TV was on. I walked into that class just a few minutes after the second tower was hit.

We sat around the rest of the day watching the news, speculating who it was and whether our city might be a target. It seemed very surreal that day and it still does today when I think back on it.

My girlfriend's sister worked in a building across from the WTC. She was late to work that morning. Her building didn't collapse, but it was completely destroyed by the collapse of the towers.

About the same for me. I was in 9th grad also.

I was @ zero hour for marching band practice, when the planes hit the towers. 1st period was another band class. Our band director kept the TV off (After 9/11 he had it on from then on). During that time was when The Pentagon and plane crash in Pennsylvania occurred. In 2nd period I finally heard what had happened. Periods two through five were spent watching the news. Only my 6th period math teacher had us doing classwork. No homework that day.

My dad came and picked me up after school. I usually rode the bus. When we got home he put our American Flag out immediately. It would be washed several times over the following months, as it was flown daily.

[Image: 193143877_640-e1410418843273.jpg]
09-11-2017 02:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
olliebaba Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Christ
Is your flag out? I know that presenting our flag today is not official but who needs official for this occasion.

I remember that I was getting ready to head out to the city personnel for paperwork to retire. No one would answer the phone until I got this lady that was mad at me for not knowing what had happened. She said, "don't you know that we have been attacked?" and honestly I didn't. I turned on the tv and realized the horrendous act those camel jockeys perpetrated on our nation. I wanted to join the military that day but at 53 that was far fetched. Needless to say I had to wait for my retirement papers until days later.
09-11-2017 04:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.