Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Portland Police Are Purging Gang Database Because There Aren't Enough White Gangs
Kronke Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston / AAC
Portland Police Are Purging Gang Database Because There Aren't Enough White Gangs
Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Quote:Portland police will no longer maintain a database of suspected gang members, due to concerns that the vast majority of people with the gang label are racial minorities.

Starting Oct. 15, the Portland Police Bureau will end the 20-year practice of issuing gang member designations, which police say can lead to “unintended consequences” and a lifelong stigma even for those who have given up the gang lifestyle. Officials intend to notify the approximately 300 people on the gang list that the bureau will purge all records related to the designations, The Oregonian reported.

City officials and community activists had long urged the bureau to stop attaching the gang designation to criminal suspects, claiming the practice disproportionately impacted people of color.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/10/portla...ite-gangs/
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2017 11:21 PM by Kronke.)
09-10-2017 11:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
RE: Portland Police Are Purging Gang Database Because There Aren't Enough White Gangs
If you quit paying attention crime goes away.

/s
09-10-2017 11:24 PM
Kronke Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston / AAC
RE: Portland Police Are Purging Gang Database Because There Aren't Enough White Gangs
When your politics don't match reality, just check out of reality.

Quote:Swedish police have been ordered not to release descriptions of crime suspects which include race or nationality to avoid being branded racist.

The memo makes it clear that the instruction has been handed down to avoid accusations of racism, telling officers: “The police are sometimes criticized for reporting on peoples’ skin color. We are perceived as racist. As the police are not racist, nor should be perceived as such, from now on, please apply these instructions.”

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/01/15/2784799/

[Image: giphy-4.gif?w=635]
09-10-2017 11:34 PM
Stick4489 Offline
Gaseous Clay

I Root For: The Herd

CrappiesCrappies
Why don't they reach out to the gangs to help them start diversity programs?
09-11-2017 07:52 AM

TigerBlue4Ever Online
Ban bans

I Root For: truffles
we are frucked
09-11-2017 07:55 AM
bullet Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(09-11-2017 07:55 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  we are frucked

Portland is. Not all of us.
09-11-2017 08:44 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(09-11-2017 07:55 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  we are frucked

Well, Portland is. Hoping I live where ignoring reality never becomes the norm....
09-11-2017 08:51 AM

CoastGuardHawk06 Offline
Chief Warrant Officer of the Board

I Root For: UNCW
Good idea. Don't target the actual known criminals because you're worried about being labeled racists.

Cheers Portland.
09-11-2017 09:52 AM
tennis2k4 Offline
blue crew member

I Root For: memphis
Oh no 300 gang members out of a metro population of over 3 million will have something taken off their record.
09-11-2017 09:52 AM
Fitbud Offline
Legend

I Root For: PAC 12
(09-10-2017 11:19 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Quote:Portland police will no longer maintain a database of suspected gang members, due to concerns that the vast majority of people with the gang label are racial minorities.

Starting Oct. 15, the Portland Police Bureau will end the 20-year practice of issuing gang member designations, which police say can lead to “unintended consequences” and a lifelong stigma even for those who have given up the gang lifestyle. Officials intend to notify the approximately 300 people on the gang list that the bureau will purge all records related to the designations, The Oregonian reported.

City officials and community activists had long urged the bureau to stop attaching the gang designation to criminal suspects, claiming the practice disproportionately impacted people of color.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/10/portla...ite-gangs/

It's called racial profiling and it's lazy police work.
09-11-2017 10:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.