Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JMU versus Norfolk State Preparation Thread
Bookmark and Share
CaryNCDuke Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU
JMU versus Norfolk State Preparation Thread
Short answer, Dukes should roll them by 80.

NSU will probably play it up like Thermopylae considering the uninspiring mascot.

Will it be a hangover game for fans. I know myself personally have a 5:30 AM flight from Raleigh to California the next day.... Also cannot yell due to the business travel though my foot will probably bear a hole through the metal with the way I was stamping yesterday.

Go Deyukes!
09-10-2017 08:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Yesolitis Offline
Special Teams

RE: JMU versus Norfolk State Preparation Thread
If there are any drinking games correlated to the Dukes scoring, then you might want to pack some vitamin B for the sake of your liver.

Norfolk St. has been a decent MEAC team of late, but they are still a MEAC team (that can't beat D2 Virginia State)... Have fun at the track meet fans!!
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2017 04:51 AM by Yesolitis.)
09-11-2017 04:47 AM
BleedingPurple Offline
Heisman

(09-11-2017 04:47 AM)Yesolitis Wrote:  If there are any drinking games correlated to the Dukes scoring, then you might want to pack some vitamin B for the sake of your liver.

Norfolk St. has been a decent MEAC team of late, but they are still a MEAC team (that can't beat D2 Virginia State)... Have fun at the track meet fans!!

Track meet implies their is some sort of competition between two teams. I'm having a 03-hissyfit over scheduling this game.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2017 05:44 AM by BleedingPurple.)
09-11-2017 05:44 AM
Northeast Duke Offline
Water Engineer

Besides the obvious goal of getting the W, also need to come out of this healthy heading into conference play. It would also be nice to see some non-starters get significant time if possible.
09-11-2017 09:07 AM

jmufan2008 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Dukes
Well, the starters should get their normal game stats in the first 20 minutes. We NEED to sit them after that. The team needs to prep for this like a normal game so that they don't slack off or get out of the rhythm and then our backups need to get nearly a full game of experience out of this. They're nearly the worst team in FCS (lost to D2 Virginia State, but kept it closer than they should have against W&M), so we need to focus on staying healthy and treating this as an extra bye week. Maine has a bye week this week, so using this to rest up and stay healthy is important. Our second string should be able to keep running up the score against NSU, with our third string being able to continue to (gradually) pull away in the 4th. If starters are still in during the second half this week I'll be very disappointed.
09-11-2017 10:04 AM
Dadgum Offline
1st String

I Root For: James Madison
I would love to see Cole Johnson get a lot of work in this game, if we get out ahead early on them, which we should, its the perfect opportunity for him to get some quality game reps.
09-11-2017 10:51 AM
JMUNewbill Offline
2nd String

(09-11-2017 10:51 AM)Dadgum Wrote:  I would love to see Cole Johnson get a lot of work in this game, if we get out ahead early on them, which we should, its the perfect opportunity for him to get some quality game reps.

Do you go with Johnson and burn his redshirt again, or do you go with Etheridge since the came is going to be completely out of hand? I'm on board with Johnson being the true second string and thus benefiting the most from some snaps, but do you really think he's going to be pushed harder in a game against NSU than he is in practice everyday? I think I'd vote to save his redshirt, but that's just me.

Thoughts?
09-11-2017 12:26 PM

BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

Is this new "Preparation" thread the prediction thread?
09-11-2017 12:42 PM
JMUSteeler Offline
2nd String

Save the redshirt, unless there simply is no choice.
09-11-2017 12:44 PM
Potomac Offline
Heisman

The student section is again "unavailable" for this week's game all of a sudden. We learned that doesn't mean it's sold out. I'd say the student section was roughly 90% full last week (before halftime of course).

I am surprised at how few tickets are remaining, relatively speaking for the game this is. Cupcake opponent, middle of three consecutive home games, the other two of which were higher demand. This looks like it could still be a 20k+ crowd depending on student turnout.
09-11-2017 02:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.