MAC is back!
Bookmark and Share
Bob Wickersham Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
MAC is back!
In addition to EMU's landmark win;

CMU crushed Kansas 45-27.
Shane Morris was 28-37 for 467 yards and 5 TD's! Wow. He is gonna dominate this conference.

WMU hung with MSU, losing 28-14.
Ball State, Miami, N Illinois, and Kent State all won.
This is a great time to be a MAC fan.
09-10-2017 08:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Ken Barna Offline
1st String

RE: MAC is back!
Dear Bob,
I can never root for Central. I have a long memory of them voting to kick us out of the MAC in 1981. At least Western abstained in that vote. We used whatever influence we had to help get Central into the MAC, and just seven years later they vote to kick us out. Never,never, never.
09-10-2017 09:10 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(09-10-2017 08:52 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  In addition to EMU's landmark win;

CMU crushed Kansas 45-27.
Shane Morris was 28-37 for 467 yards and 5 TD's! Wow. He is gonna dominate this conference.

WMU hung with MSU, losing 28-14.
Ball State, Miami, N Illinois, and Kent State all won.
This is a great time to be a MAC fan.

Bob, you are 1/2 correct.

The MAC WEST is BEST. The MAC East is not a beast and hasn't been.

This is a constant theme of mine: EMU has to win vs. the best teams of the MAC, those in the MAC West.

If we were in the MAC EAST we would probably be the divisional favorite.

MAC WEST was 5 - 1 yesterday with MSU hanging with MSU as the sole loss.
09-10-2017 09:11 AM
EagleTough Offline
1st String

According to the WMU boards, they didn't hang with MSU at all.........they got dominated on both sides of the ball. Their only 2 scores were a 100 yard KO return by Phillips, and a 67 yard fumble recovery TD by Phillips. That guy is probably the best player in the MAC.

He also had a 100 yard KO return for TD against USC last week. We absolutely have to kick away from that guy when we play them.

As everybody knew, their issues are QB and WR. MSU loaded up the line of scrimmage and stopped the run, and their offense really struggled.

Jury still very much out on CMU. Team and Morris played terrible and should have lost against a horrible Rhode Island team week 1, then both did a complete 180 and smacked a Big 12 team this week. ????????????

Toledo still seems to be the frontrunner at this point. Expect them to get beat by Tulsa this week at home though.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2017 10:43 AM by EagleTough.)
09-10-2017 10:36 AM

Bob Wickersham Offline
All American

I would bet the house on Toledo at home vs Tulsa. Tulsa got crushed by Okie State week one. I really like UT this season. They are the class of the MAC until further notice.
09-10-2017 11:02 AM
emu79 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: emu
I'll be very interested in seeing how we do against Ohio U., Kentucky and Army. Army will be a good test of our defense since the option has been problematic for us in the past.
09-10-2017 11:03 AM
george14 Offline
1st String

I Root For: CMU
CMU - sure we looked great, but it's Kansas. They are the Rutgers of the B12.
EMU - possible 4-0 start. I dont think Ohio is good and UK is winnable.
WMU - got smoked by MSU, don't let the score fool you. Could be dangerous though.
UT - still think thye are the MAC favorites.

I try not to put too much stock into OOC. I have watched CMU routinely beat P5 teams then end up 4-4 in the MAC. One thing is for sure though, WMU does not have a QB. Teams are going to stack the box and make him throw.
09-10-2017 11:12 AM

Bob Wickersham Offline
All American

We will have a chance to upset UK. All you can ask is give yourself a chance to win and I think we will be in it in the 4th. These are the P5 games we should have been playing for years. No upside going against OSU, MSU, Penn State, Florida, LSU, U-M. P5 paydays AND W's or close games is how you build winning prorams.
09-10-2017 11:14 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(09-10-2017 11:12 AM)george14 Wrote:  CMU - sure we looked great, but it's Kansas. They are the Rutgers of the B12.
WMU - got smoked by MSU, don't let the score fool you. Could be dangerous though.

I try not to put too much stock into OOC. I have watched CMU routinely beat P5 teams then end up 4-4 in the MAC. One thing is for sure though, WMU does not have a QB. Teams are going to stack the box and make him throw.

The problem CMU has is the same as EMU's: We could be a good team but have to play TOL, WMU, NIU, CMU, and BSU. That schedule will knock dock any MAC team.

I remember CMU getting destroyed by WMU.
09-10-2017 11:19 AM
george14 Offline
1st String

I Root For: CMU
(09-10-2017 11:19 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 11:12 AM)george14 Wrote:  CMU - sure we looked great, but it's Kansas. They are the Rutgers of the B12.

The problem CMU has is the same as EMU's: We could be a good team but have to play TOL, WMU, NIU, CMU, and BSU. That schedule will knock dock any MAC team.

I remember CMU getting destroyed by WMU.

Yeah and our injuries are already piling up. Just lost 2 of our top 3 WR. Have been without our top TE. Injuries happen of course, but last year we got battered around too. The UVA game we lost our top 2 DBs, top WR, and 2 RBs. We wouldn't have beaten WMU anyway, but we were very injured and got humiliated.
09-10-2017 11:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.