Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Original Huskie Opening game and Season Props
Bookmark and Share
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
Original Huskie Opening game and Season Props
Found this looking up info on Graham. If it's a repost, my bad.

Found the Huff prop interesting. Maybe Carey bet the under on that one.

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/2017/08/1...1/a76lcdp/

Carifio: Who ya got? Vegas likes Graham's odds to start Week 1
By EDDIE CARIFIOEmailFollow
Aug. 14, 2017

At MAC Media Day back on Aug. 4, coach Rod Carey handicapped the quarterback race, saying the logical choice would be to make the favorite the guy with the most experience.

While he quickly added the race is wide open between junior Ryan Graham, sophomore Daniel Santacaterina and redshirt freshman Marcus Childers, odds makers like his line of reasoning.

Earlier this month, Sports Betting Dime released a bunch of college football-related prop bets. Since I’m a sucker for prop bets, I asked if they had NIU- or MAC-related prop bets, and by the end of the day they sent me three.

It turns out they still like a P.J. Fleck-less Western Michigan, they like Jordan Huff, and they think Ryan Graham will be the Week 1 starter.

The odds for the Week 1 starter – Graham is at 4-to-3, Santacaterina is at 5-to-3, and Childers is at 6-to-1. At least as of Aug. 2 these were the odds, but I get the feeling they aren’t fluctuating from day to day.

I think it’s interesting from an outsiders’ standpoint, looking at the quarterback race with a neutral eye. And of course, the odds they turn back are more or less what you’d expect. Graham, with by far the most experience of the bunch, is the favorite. Santacaterina, who has a come-from-behind victory under his belt, is right behind him. And the freshman is a distant dark horse.

At practice Sunday, according to a release from the NIU athletic department, Graham worked with the first team and Childers was in with the No. 2s. Granted, I’ve seen an extremely limited amount of practices, but none of the quarterbacks has made me take much notice. On Friday, Carey said none of the trio had separated themselves. They all have good days or they all have bad days.

That’s probably why I’d stay away from this bet. Graham is the smart bet, but barely pays anything. And you could let those dollar signs in your eyes push you toward Childers, but the Huskies aren’t opening with Presbyterian this year – it’s Boston College that comes to Huskie Stadium on Sept. 1.

A much more interesting bet is the over/under on rushing touchdowns for Jordan Huff. They have him listed at 11½. He had five last year as an often-used backup to Joel Bouagnon, who reached the end zone eight times and carries the ball 71 times more than Huff.

So does quarterback issues mean that Huff is going to be the man in the red zone? Will they get to the end zone enough for Huff to score 12 rushing touchdowns this year? Obviously Huff has the talent and the drive to score a touchdown a game, essentially, but will everything else fall into place for that to happen? I, quite literally, wouldn’t bet on it.

Then there’s the odds to win the MAC. Western Michigan, even with a new coach, is a 3-to-1 favorite, with Toledo right behind at 4-to-1. Miami has 5-to-1 odds, Ohio at 6-to-1 and NIU’s are 9-to-1. I find the Broncos’ odds very puzzling. Not that the media poll is a fact written in stone, but Toledo and Ohio were the heavy favorites in that – garnering 33 of the 48 first place votes between them. I’d think the Rockets or the Bobcats would be the smart money, as it were.

That’s what Vegas has to say about the Huskies. Of course, all of our questions will be answered Sept. 1 – or in the case of the quarterback battle, even later than that.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2017 09:24 AM by randyfensfanclub1.)
09-07-2017 09:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.