Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What is more important for race relations?
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
What is more important for race relations?
A Black man that is never wrong on anything or a Black man that can be as wrong as any White man ever was?
09-05-2017 11:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
RE: What is more important for race relations?
How about simple, common decency? We're all "wrong" along the way. Decent folk will help one -another no matter what. Often lay down their lives. And this is nothing new, been this way for generations, sad too many believe it's now a competition of some sort. 07-coffee3
09-06-2017 12:25 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
What's most important is to stop allowing the media, activist groups and political hacks to drive a wedge between us. If one believes them we are at all time lows regarding race relations when getting out into the real world of every day people disproves that. My black neighbors aren't attending BLM rallies nor are any of my white neighbors sporting sheets and pointy hats. The vast majority of us simply wish to be left alone to go to work, make our livings and raise our families. I see acts of kindness and common decency among different races quite frequently, not violence and hatred aimed at each other.

This guy is on to something:

09-06-2017 08:30 AM
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
I firmly believe it is the nature of lunatics to lash out against the sane.

Evidence: liberals continue to act as if today was November 1, 1959; as if Eisenhower was still the President; as if drinking fountains were still segregated, women had coat-hanger abortions, universities were mostly white, welfare was non-existent, and the Klan enforced Jim Crow laws.

The idea that this country is racist is outrageous to the nth degree. The driving wedge in this country in class, not race. The reason liberals had to start talking about “white privilege” and "racism" is to pre-empt discussion of “class privilege” – of the sort that is liberalism's real power base.
09-06-2017 09:28 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(09-06-2017 09:28 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  I firmly believe it is the nature of lunatics to lash out against the sane.

Evidence: liberals continue to act as if today was November 1, 1959; as if Eisenhower was still the President; as if drinking fountains were still segregated, women had coat-hanger abortions, universities were mostly white, welfare was non-existent, and the Klan enforced Jim Crow laws.

The idea that this country is racist is outrageous to the nth degree. The driving wedge in this country in class, not race. The reason liberals had to start talking about “white privilege” and "racism" is to pre-empt discussion of “class privilege” – of the sort that is liberalism's real power base.

Boy you sure didn't take long blaming only one side of the aisle for these problems.

It's all perspective.

I remember when Obama was elected the crowd of people that was there in Chicago to congratulate him. I never say a group of people so diverse.

Today, not so much.

If we want to be a country that embraces diversity, we need to speak out against policies that divide us and we need to support those policies that bring us together.

That just isn't happening right not.

There is plenty of blame to go around. You could blame the media, the democrats, the liberals, the hate groups but you cannot blame them without also blaming our President who has run on division and separation.
09-06-2017 09:38 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(09-06-2017 09:38 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  I remember when Obama was elected the crowd of people that was there in Chicago to congratulate him. I never say a group of people so diverse.

That was nothing more than quasi-religious gnostic revival movement which appeals to people for precisely the reasons that all religions do: It gives an account of their brokenness, an explanation of the reasons for their pain, a saving story accompanied by strong ethical imperatives, it assuages misplaced (or real) guilt, and provides hope for their future. In short, it gave their life meaning, a consequence of their thirst for significance in a mass society. In short, it was bunkum and got us Trump, North Korea and other foreign policy failures, and worse race relations.

(09-06-2017 09:38 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  If we want to be a country that embraces diversity, we need to speak out against policies that divide us and we need to support those policies that bring us together.

We don't want to be a country that embraces diversity we want to be a country that embraces being American.

But the all the left cares about being the hero of the story, not about the actual policies that can lead to success. $15 min wage drives out small business and reduces entry level job opportunities for minorities? Doesn't matter have $15 min wage. Violently confronting Americans who speech they don't agree with? Doesn't matter, punched a guy! Crikey, white liberals now promise to help minorities by tearing down statues of Confederate generals American presidents!

(09-06-2017 09:38 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  There is plenty of blame to go around. You could blame the media, the democrats, the liberals, the hate groups but you cannot blame them without also blaming our President who has run on division and separation.

Trump has been in office for eight months and you say the blame should be shared equally? 03-lmfao.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2017 10:09 AM by Lord Stanley.)
09-06-2017 09:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.