Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Preseason predictions
Bookmark and Share
sctvman Online
Special Teams

I Root For: C of Charleston
Preseason predictions
Since it is after Labor Day, you'll start seeing more college basketball stuff. Just saw my first college basketball magazine today, Athlon.

Their predictions for the CAA were:

1. CofC
2. Towson
3. Elon
4. UNCW
5. Hofstra
6. Northeastern
7. W&M
8. Delaware
9. Drexel
10. JMU

There was a lot of ink about CofC. Pat Skerry says, "IMO, they may be the best team coming back since I've been in the Colonial."

Chealey of CofC was Preseason POY.

First team was Brantley (CofC), Cacok (UNCW), Chealey (CofC), Seibring (Elon), Wright-Foreman (Hofstra).

2nd team was Daly (UD), Dawkins (Elon), Gustys (Hofstra), Morsell (Towson), Riller (CofC).
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2017 07:46 AM by sctvman.)
09-05-2017 12:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

getmhawks Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UNCW
RE: Preseason predictions
No doubt CofC is the favorite going in. You think Skerry is sandbagging a little, though?
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2017 02:51 PM by getmhawks.)
09-05-2017 02:51 PM
82hawk Offline
All American

I Root For: UN CW
For all the years we were underseeded in predictions, this year we're picked fourth?
09-05-2017 03:50 PM
dan10 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Drexel
This isn't a bad list IMO. I would go with:

1. CofC
2. Elon
3. Towson
4. UNCW
5. Hofstra
6. W&M
7. Drexel
8. Delaware
9. Northeastern
10. JMU

W&M is a wildcard to me, I can see them doing better but can also see them really struggling. I think NU lost too much and is too young to really compete this season. Drexel and Delaware are marginally better than last season. JMU seems like the obvious choice for worst team. CofC is the clear favorite.
09-06-2017 06:40 AM

Seahawkhoops Online
All American

I think it's high for UNCW honestly. New Coach, lost several impact players and one of the best players in the league.
09-06-2017 08:46 AM
Seahawk Nation 08 Online
Heisman

(09-06-2017 08:46 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  I think it's high for UNCW honestly. New Coach, lost several impact players and one of the best players in the league.

I think our floor is still fairly high, relative to the rest of the league, primarily because of the presence of Cacok. Many of the teams ranked below us have even more significant question marks than we do.

4th sounds about right to me. Even if McGrath just rolls the ball out there we have enough talent to win more than half of our CAA games.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2017 10:00 AM by Seahawk Nation 08.)
09-06-2017 09:59 AM
geewizNU Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Northeastern
(09-06-2017 06:40 AM)dan10 Wrote:  This isn't a bad list IMO. I would go with:

1. CofC
2. Elon
3. Towson
4. UNCW
5. Hofstra
6. W&M
7. Drexel
8. Delaware
9. Northeastern
10. JMU

W&M is a wildcard to me, I can see them doing better but can also see them really struggling. I think NU lost too much and is too young to really compete this season. Drexel and Delaware are marginally better than last season. JMU seems like the obvious choice for worst team. CofC is the clear favorite.

Yeah okay ...
09-06-2017 10:29 AM

Seahawkhoops Online
All American

(09-06-2017 09:59 AM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 08:46 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  I think it's high for UNCW honestly. New Coach, lost several impact players and one of the best players in the league.

I think our floor is still fairly high, relative to the rest of the league, primarily because of the presence of Cacok. Many of the teams ranked below us have even more significant question marks than we do.

4th sounds about right to me. Even if McGrath just rolls the ball out there we have enough talent to win more than half of our CAA games.
I'm cautiously optimistic. We have seen in the past that we can have talent, but with a crappy coach still stink! I'm not saying he is, or will be, that's to be determined. I just think 4th is a stretch!
09-06-2017 01:55 PM
Seahawk Nation 08 Online
Heisman

(09-06-2017 01:55 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  I'm cautiously optimistic. We have seen in the past that we can have talent, but with a crappy coach still stink! I'm not saying he is, or will be, that's to be determined. I just think 4th is a stretch!

It's not a stretch. It's just that there is a fairly wide range of outcomes so no one really knows.
09-06-2017 02:25 PM
Seahawkhoops Online
All American

(09-06-2017 02:25 PM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 01:55 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  I'm cautiously optimistic. We have seen in the past that we can have talent, but with a crappy coach still stink! I'm not saying he is, or will be, that's to be determined. I just think 4th is a stretch!

It's not a stretch. It's just that there is a fairly wide range of outcomes so no one really knows.
If no one really knows, generally, you don't get placed in the top 4! Listen, i hope it's right i'm just not sure how anyone could make that prediction at this point.
09-06-2017 02:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: sctvman, 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.