Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tulane at Navy Game Thread - 9/9/17 - 3:30 pm EST - CBS Sports
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
Tulane at Navy Game Thread - 9/9/17 - 3:30 pm EST - CBS Sports
Line: Navy -14, opened at Navy -13.

It will be a good test to see how both new QBs are settling into their roles. Tulane's front seven must get into the backfield in order for them to win the game. They almost pulled it off last year - but Tulane's offense went missing when they needed it most.

Navy's offense seems to have picked up where they left off - although FAU looked like a disorganized pack of transfers that were not on the same page.

In a way, neither win really told the whole story about both teams. This is a reality check game.

I think 14 is way too many points. Navy 27, Tulane 20. It looks like another close call.
09-04-2017 02:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
RE: Tulane at Navy Game Thread - 9/9/17 - 3:30 pm EST - CBS Sports
Just for the Win, I wouldn't bet against the Middies in their own house. But If we lose by 14 pts. then we've played a very bad game.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2017 03:01 PM by Native Georgian.)
09-04-2017 03:01 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

(09-04-2017 03:01 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Just for the Win, I wouldn't bet against the Middies in their own house. But If we lose by 14 pts. then we've played a very bad game.

Well, Operation 6-6 is in full effect.

The "easiest" path to six wins reads:

Grambling
Army
FIU
ECU
Cincy
SMU

Stealing the Navy game opens things up, especially since a few teams we play seem to be there for the taking.
09-04-2017 06:33 PM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
RE: Tulane at Navy Game Week Thread - 9/9/17 - 3:30 pm EST - CBS Sports
(09-04-2017 02:36 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  Line: Navy -14, opened at Navy -13.

It will be a good test to see how both new QBs are settling into their roles. Tulane's front seven must get into the backfield in order for them to win the game. They almost pulled it off last year - but Tulane's offense went missing when they needed it most.

Navy's offense seems to have picked up where they left off - although FAU looked like a disorganized pack of transfers that were not on the same page.

In a way, neither win really told the whole story about both teams. This is a reality check game.

I think 14 is way too many points. Navy 27, Tulane 20. It looks like another close call.

Agree that it is hard to judge either team based on week one. Grambling is Grambling, and FAU was the gang that couldn't shoot straight for most of Friday - it was like a bunch of guys just showed up in camp the last couple weeks of summer.

I like Navy to win, but I don't like giving fourteen.
It is likely that there will be limited number of possessions for both teams. Even if you're efficient and get a couple stops, hard to separate.
38-28 Navy?

Navy O looked good to me Friday. Fumbled snap and dumb pick don't happen and it would have looked a lot better but those are the miscues that will get worked out between game 1 and game 2.
Tulane defended Navy well the last two years. But let's nip in the bud one myth: that isn't because they practice against Fritz's offense, that was Smart and Marley and Smart's partner on the line in '15. They're all gone now. Avy offense gets theirs, with yards and points well better than last two years vs Tulane.

I'm really happy with the D in week one. Fritz's offense may be getting better but again, I'm confident AND Fritz's offense doesn't create the same problems for us that several other AAC offenses do.

Looking forward to my view from Section 2. Anyone coming I'm willing to try to link up for some tailgating.
09-04-2017 08:10 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

(09-04-2017 08:10 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  

Agree that it is hard to judge either team based on week one. Grambling is Grambling, and FAU was the gang that couldn't shoot straight for most of Friday - it was like a bunch of guys just showed up in camp the last couple weeks of summer.

It is likely that there will be limited number of possessions for both teams. Even if you're efficient and get a couple stops, hard to separate.
38-28 Navy?

Navy O looked good to me Friday. Fumbled snap and dumb pick don't happen and it would have looked a lot better but those are the miscues that will get worked out between game 1 and game 2.
Tulane defended Navy well the last two years. But let's nip in the bud one myth: that isn't because they practice against Fritz's offense, that was Smart and Marley and Smart's partner on the line in '15. They're all gone now. Avy offense gets theirs, with yards and points well better than last two years vs Tulane.

I'm really happy with the D in week one. Fritz's offense may be getting better but again, I'm confident AND Fritz's offense doesn't create the same problems for us that several other AAC offenses do.

Looking forward to my view from Section 2. Anyone coming I'm willing to try to link up for some tailgating.

I'm Section 1. Kinda close to the 15 yard line (*I think*).

Tulane's D-line has 3 seniors and a RS junior. Smart is gone, but a lot of pieces have returned. They defended Grambling better than they did Southern (who is worse than Grambling). We lack the disruptive NT, but the rest of the line is actually a little better.

I'm not sure how that adds up vs. Navy, though. The best way for Tulane to win is to put up some points early and put Navy under some game pressure. I don't think this game "grinds" like the last one.
09-04-2017 08:27 PM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

(09-04-2017 08:27 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  

38-28 Navy?

Tulane's D-line has 3 seniors and a RS junior. Smart is gone, but a lot of pieces have returned. They defended Grambling better than they did Southern (who is worse than Grambling). We lack the disruptive NT, but the rest of the line is actually a little better.

I'm not sure how that adds up vs. Navy, though. The best way for Tulane to win is to put up some points early and put Navy under some game pressure. I don't think this game "grinds" like the last one.

What seat number in section 1? Unless that seat number is low, you're end zone vs 15. Don't get me wrong, no bad seats at NMCMS, but expectation management...DM for tailgate or section 1-2 linkup.
09-04-2017 08:38 PM
Advertisement

oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

(09-04-2017 08:38 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 08:27 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  

38-28 Navy?

What seat number in section 1? Unless that seat number is low, you're end zone vs 15. Don't get me wrong, no bad seats at NMCMS, but expectation management...DM for tailgate or section 1-2 linkup.

...so it may be closer to the 5 yard line, which means half the game will be fun to watch :D

It's chill though, I didn't really pay serious money for these seats so I have nothing to complain about.

I would still rather see this than Eagles at Redskins.
09-04-2017 09:10 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

23 hours until kickoff.

It's the only AAC game this week. Outside of slh and myself, is anyone else going to be there? I will share a few game shots if you all want.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2017 03:48 PM by oliveandblue.)
09-08-2017 03:44 PM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

(09-08-2017 03:44 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  23 hours until kickoff.

It's the only AAC game this week. Outside of slh and myself, is anyone else going to be there. I will share a few game shots if you all want.

I'm not really likely to be on here during the game, but I will tweet during games @slhnavy91
09-08-2017 03:47 PM
Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa

It's the only AAC game this week. Outside of slh and myself, is anyone else going to be there? I will share a few game shots if you all want.

Game shots are always good. But be sure to throw in the misleading "there's no one here" attendance pics. lol
09-08-2017 05:42 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

The line is sinking, it's now down to Tulane +11. This is making me nervous.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2017 07:51 PM by oliveandblue.)
09-08-2017 07:51 PM
Advertisement

OUGwave Offline
All American

I Root For:
(09-08-2017 07:51 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  The line is sinking, it's now down to Tulane +11. This is making me nervous.

Why would that make you nervous? I think you read too much into these lines man. And I say that as someone who likes to play a lot of CFB lines.

Since most of the public bets are on Navy, this is reverse line movement -- it just means that some very big money bets have come in on Tulane, and there may be a sharps vs public split on this game.

If you're a Tulane fan this is a good thing. But it's really irrelevant to who wins the game outright. Btw, it will likely move down a little further as other betters notice the steam move to Tulane and the reverse line move to Tulane.
09-08-2017 09:27 PM
OUGwave Offline
All American

I Root For:
(09-08-2017 05:42 PM)Hurricane Drummer Wrote:  

Game shots are always good. But be sure to throw in the misleading "there's no one here" attendance pics. lol

These are my favorite... visiting fans walk into the game 40 minutes early because they aren't that into the tailgating scene on campus, take pic of stadium and say "where are all the fans?!?"

Now in Tulane's case we actually don't have that many period. But this happens at every school. I may start a twitter parody account just to capture all these pictures/moments.
09-08-2017 09:30 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

(09-08-2017 09:27 PM)OUGwave Wrote:  
(09-08-2017 07:51 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  The line is sinking, it's now down to Tulane +11. This is making me nervous.

Why would that make you nervous? I think you read too much into these lines man. And I say that as someone who likes to play a lot of CFB lines.

Since most of the public bets are on Navy, this is reverse line movement -- it just means that some very big money bets have come in on Tulane, and there may be a sharps vs public split on this game.

If you're a Tulane fan this is a good thing. But it's really irrelevant to who wins the game outright. Btw, it will likely move down a little further as other betters notice the steam move to Tulane and the reverse line move to Tulane.

I've seen Tulane dump some games like this. Like 30 point losses out of nowhere...

Mind you, the President, AD, and Coach are all different now - so the past is sort of forgotten as we build some kind of new future.
09-08-2017 09:36 PM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
Navy is gonna eat Tulane's lunch. By at least 20.
09-08-2017 09:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
roll wave
09-09-2017 07:02 AM
Advertisement

Curumim Offline
1st String

Showing TCU vs Arkansas here ;-;

Sent from my SM-N910C using CSNbbs mobile app
09-09-2017 03:00 PM
Stallion Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(09-09-2017 03:00 PM)Curumim Wrote:  Showing TCU vs Arkansas here ;-;

Sent from my SM-N910C using CSNbbs mobile app

CBSSN
09-09-2017 03:09 PM
coogrfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
Tulane has come to play today.
09-09-2017 03:22 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

7-7
09-09-2017 03:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.