Conrats to Howard, Liberty and JMU FCS wins of FBS
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
Conrats to Howard, Liberty and JMU FCS wins of FBS
Howard over MWC UNLV 43-40
Liberty over B12 Baylor 48-45
JMU decisively over AAC 34 -14

Much better performances my than my Pack yesterday.
09-03-2017 07:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
RE: Conrats to Howard, Liberty and JMU FCS wins of FBS
And Tennessee State beat Georgia State. FCS matched its opening week win total over FBS from last year. They lost 43 times, compared with 42 last year.
09-03-2017 08:10 AM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
I may not count Tennessee State as a surprise since they were a former FBS Independent and was playing at the highest level of D1 before Georgia State with football.

James Madison is not a shocker either. They have been taken care of business which they belong at the FBS level. I hope they go the Liberty route to get into FBS since that is what they are. An FBS team that does nt belong to FCS level.

Howard and Liberty are shockers for sure.
09-03-2017 08:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
Though Liberty isn't a total shocker.
09-03-2017 10:04 AM
Advertisement

TheOriginalBigApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
I realize UNLV isn't Alabama but, IMHO Howard beating them is quite possibly the biggest upset ever. I don't care how far under the radar this ends up. This is a massive upset.

WOW.
09-03-2017 10:25 AM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

UNLV may not even be ranked in the top 25 of FCS if they were at that level. I'm not saying they shouldn't have won but it's not that much of an upset in the grand scheme of things. HBCU's are bad but not totally inept. Prairie View almost beat NMSU one year and Grambling the same at Arizona last year.

If a true Division II or III team had beat them, then maybe. But we'll never have the chance to know ever again.
09-03-2017 10:53 AM
RandomFan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Mid-Majors
09-03-2017 11:40 AM
Advertisement

DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-03-2017 10:53 AM)_C2_ Wrote:  UNLV may not even be ranked in the top 25 of FCS if they were at that level. I'm not saying they shouldn't have won but it's not that much of an upset in the grand scheme of things. HBCU's are bad but not totally inept. Prairie View almost beat NMSU one year and Grambling the same at Arizona last year.

If a true Division II or III team had beat them, then maybe. But we'll never have the chance to know ever again.

Back in the 1980s, the SWAC schools did had a lot of upset wins over FBS opponents. Lately they dropped off. It is the 2 HBCU Florida schools had the most upset wins over FBS opponents in recent years.
09-03-2017 11:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

(09-03-2017 11:40 AM)RandomFan Wrote:  Howard pulls biggest point-spread upset in CFB history

Although it should be noted, some great upsets didn't have wager lines, such as Appalachian State/Michigan.
09-03-2017 12:01 PM
Fighting Muskie Offline
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
(09-03-2017 08:38 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  I may not count Tennessee State as a surprise since they were a former FBS Independent and was playing at the highest level of D1 before Georgia State with football.

James Madison is not a shocker either. They have been taken care of business which they belong at the FBS level. I hope they go the Liberty route to get into FBS since that is what they are. An FBS team that does nt belong to FCS level.

David, Tennessee St last played FBS football somewhere around 1980. You might as well say that Sewanee and Colorado School of Mines are still FBS.
09-03-2017 02:14 PM
Advertisement

DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-03-2017 02:14 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  
(09-03-2017 08:38 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  I may not count Tennessee State as a surprise since they were a former FBS Independent and was playing at the highest level of D1 before Georgia State with football.

David, Tennessee St last played FBS football somewhere around 1980. You might as well say that Sewanee and Colorado School of Mines are still FBS.

How many years have Tennessee State been playing football and how many years have Georgia State been layng?
09-03-2017 03:36 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
Didn't know that Mike London, ex-UVa head coach, was at Howard now. Should be a good fit, he's got plenty of mid-Atlantic ties even if he didn't do much in Charlottesville.
09-03-2017 04:07 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

(09-03-2017 03:36 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  
(09-03-2017 02:14 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  

How many years have Tennessee State been playing football and how many years have Georgia State been layng?

It doesn't matter, Georgia State should be at a higher level.
09-03-2017 05:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.