Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Footprint find on Crete may push back date humans began to walk upright
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
HUMAN-like footprints have been found on an ancient sea shore. They shouldn’t be there. They’re in the wrong place at the wrong time.

HUMAN-like footprints have been found stamped into an ancient sea shore fossilised beneath the Mediterranean island of Crete.
They shouldn’t be there.
Testing puts the rock’s age at 5.7 million years.
That’s a time when palaeontologists believe our human ancestors had only apelike feet.
And they lived in Africa.
http://www.news.com.au/technology/scienc...cc9d79297d
09-02-2017 07:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
RE: Footprint find on Crete may push back date humans began to walk upright
That was just the aliens delivering seed.
09-02-2017 08:14 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(09-02-2017 08:14 AM)Paul M Wrote:  That was just the aliens delivering seed.
[Image: 600.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2017 08:21 AM by SuperFlyBCat.)
09-02-2017 08:20 AM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
MUH proven science.
09-02-2017 10:58 AM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
(09-02-2017 10:58 AM)banker Wrote:  MUH proven science.

I don't think there are any unedited photos of this oblate sphere called earth from "outer space"
09-02-2017 12:09 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(09-02-2017 08:14 AM)Paul M Wrote:  That was just the aliens delivering seed.

Lol.

You watch Ancient Aliens? I'm never quite sure if it's a put up job or these guys really believe what they're saying...

Entertaining though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-02-2017 12:26 PM
Advertisement

TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
Thanks SuperFlyBCat, I'm an avid reader of all things to do with our early human ancestors.
09-02-2017 12:30 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(09-02-2017 12:30 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  Thanks SuperFlyBCat, I'm an avid reader of all things to do with our early human ancestors.

It is interesting that all of the hominids/neanderthals, that we are supposed to be descended from are extinct, but the apes and chimps are still here. And the earlier hominids are supposed to have evolved from apes chimps.
09-02-2017 01:07 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
We may still have the Pygmies. Not sure they are exactly like us. There are tribes of them in Africa.
09-02-2017 01:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(09-02-2017 01:10 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  We may still have the Pygmies. Not sure they are exactly like us. There are tribes of them in Africa.

Natives around papua new guinea chuck spears at Helicopters. They think they are beasts or dragons lol. They have no idea humans manufacture machines that fly. Same deal with tribes in the Amazon rain forest. But they are 100% human.
09-02-2017 01:19 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

(09-02-2017 01:07 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(09-02-2017 12:30 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  Thanks SuperFlyBCat, I'm an avid reader of all things to do with our early human ancestors.

It is interesting that all of the hominids/neanderthals, that we are supposed to be descended from are extinct, but the apes and chimps are still here. And the earlier hominids are supposed to have evolved from apes chimps.

I don't think that's the current theory SFBC. I believe the most widely held belief among those who study in this field today is that apes & chimps had a common ancestor with man's lineage and the split took place something on the order of 7.5 million years ago.
09-02-2017 01:31 PM
Advertisement

EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(09-02-2017 07:58 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  They shouldn’t be there....

That’s a time when palaeontologists believe our human ancestors had only apelike feet.
And they lived in Africa.

Fake science

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
09-02-2017 01:38 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

Quote:Scientists find 7.2-million-year-old pre-human remains in the Balkans

The common lineage of great apes and humans split several hundred thousand years earlier than hitherto assumed, according to an international research team headed by Professor Madelaine Böhme from the Senckenberg Centre for Human Evolution and Palaeoenvironment at the University of Tübingen and Professor Nikolai Spassov from the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. The researchers investigated two fossils of Graecopithecus freybergi with state-of-the-art methods and came to the conclusion that they belong to pre-humans. Their findings, published today in two papers in the journal PLOS ONE, further indicate that the split of the human lineage occurred in the Eastern Mediterranean and not - as customarily assumed - in Africa.

Present-day chimpanzees are humans' nearest living relatives. Where the last chimp-human common ancestor lived is a central and highly debated issue in palaeoanthropology. Researchers have assumed up to now that the lineages diverged five to seven million years ago and that the first pre-humans developed in Africa.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2017-05-scientists...s.html#jCp

https://phys.org/news/2017-05-scientists...lkans.html
09-02-2017 01:48 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(09-02-2017 01:48 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  
Quote:Scientists find 7.2-million-year-old[b] pre-human remains in the Balkans
[/b]
The common lineage of great apes and humans split several hundred thousand years earlier than hitherto assumed, according to an international research team headed by Professor Madelaine Böhme from the Senckenberg Centre for Human Evolution and Palaeoenvironment at the University of Tübingen and Professor Nikolai Spassov from the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. The researchers investigated two fossils of Graecopithecus freybergi with state-of-the-art methods and came to the conclusion that they belong to pre-humans. Their findings, published today in two papers in the journal PLOS ONE, further indicate that the split of the human lineage occurred in the Eastern Mediterranean and not - as customarily assumed - in Africa.

Present-day chimpanzees are humans' nearest living relatives. Where the last chimp-human common ancestor lived is a central and highly debated issue in palaeoanthropology. Researchers have assumed up to now that the lineages diverged five to seven million years ago and that the first pre-humans developed in Africa.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2017-05-scientists...s.html#jCp

https://phys.org/news/2017-05-scientists...lkans.html
But the apes did not come from them, that would be de evolution, yes.
09-02-2017 01:56 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

(09-02-2017 01:56 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  But the apes did not come from them, that would be de evolution, yes.

I guess to a degree it depends on how one defines the creature that preceeded both apes and man.

Again, from what I understand of current theory, modern apes, and modern man shared a common ancestor on the order of 7 plus million years ago.
09-02-2017 02:14 PM
Jjoey52 Offline
All American

I Root For: ISU
Glad there was an eyewitness

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
09-02-2017 02:30 PM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
It shouldn't surprise anybody that chimps and apes are here and homo habilis and homo Neanderthalis are extinct. Think about it. Homo Sapiens would be in direct competition with Neanderthalis. They were both trying to occupy the same niche. Hence competition and the most efficient species in that competition will survive and out compete the other one. Chimps and apes are not trying to occupy the same niche. Competing for different things and different roles.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2017 08:50 PM by Machiavelli.)
09-02-2017 08:49 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(09-02-2017 08:49 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  It shouldn't surprise anybody that chimps and apes are here and homo habilis and homo Neanderthalis are extinct. Think about it. Homo Sapiens would be in direct competition with Neanderthalis. They were both trying to occupy the same niche. Hence competition and the most efficient species in that competition will survive and out compete the other one. Chimps and apes are not trying to occupy the same niche. Competing for different things and different roles.
Democrats?
09-02-2017 10:54 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

(09-02-2017 08:49 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  It shouldn't surprise anybody that chimps and apes are here and homo habilis and homo Neanderthalis are extinct. Think about it. Homo Sapiens would be in direct competition with Neanderthalis. They were both trying to occupy the same niche. Hence competition and the most efficient species in that competition will survive and out compete the other one. Chimps and apes are not trying to occupy the same niche. Competing for different things and different roles.

I think it's Trumps fault. He likely colluded with Homo sapiens giving them an unfair advantage. Neaderthal comey almost had him. Homo mccain needs to be watched, closely.
09-02-2017 10:54 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL

So, you do know that other theories are destroyed by the dating of these footprints in the op right? I'm talking entire theories of existence. Other species are dated by their existence with "man". I know it tough. Circumstance and millions of years are hard to rectify. Good thing the dinosaur (which existed millions of years before man) is so well preserved and we have ample evidence of. I hope one day to read about "man" that was not so well preserved.
09-02-2017 11:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.