Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Week: Rutgers
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Exclamation Game Week: Rutgers
Yes, it is Saturday morning and half the MAC teams haven't played yet, but EMU and Rutgers have played their first games and are resting up to prepare for Week #2.

Rutgers / Washington (#8) seemed pretty competitive. First have was very close.

I taped the game and will watch it, but they seemed to use a short passing game effective to gain yardage.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/box...=400935250

And these are the stats from our game:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/box...=400944891
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2017 06:36 AM by emu steve.)
09-02-2017 06:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Luckeyone Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU
RE: Game Week: Rutgers
Rutgers is very, very much improved over last season. They have a transfer quarterback out of Louisville who is very solid and a very good running back.

For EMU to beat Rutgers next week, we will absolutely have to play our best game ever under Creighton. Is it possible?
09-02-2017 06:51 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

(09-02-2017 06:51 AM)Luckeyone Wrote:  Rutgers is very, very much improved over last season. They have a transfer quarterback out of Louisville who is very solid and a very good running back.

For EMU to beat Rutgers next week, we will absolutely have to play our best game ever under Creighton. Is it possible?

I haven't watched the tape, but did have the game on (without sound) thru part of the EMU game.

I'm not sure this year's team resembles past teams.

I think we are (were) taking them too lightly.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2017 08:00 AM by emu steve.)
09-02-2017 07:34 AM
FrankAnderson Offline
1st String

I was on-and-off watching Rutgers and Washington. I think it was one of those game that wasn't as close as the scoreboard says. Nevertheless, Rutgers' offense is greatly improved, and they seem to have a good secondary.

It's gonna be a tough game next week. We have a LOT to clean up to be competitive. I am planning to be at that game in Piscataway.
09-02-2017 07:40 AM

emu79 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: emu
(09-02-2017 07:40 AM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  I was on-and-off watching Rutgers and Washington. I think it was one of those game that wasn't as close as the scoreboard says. Nevertheless, Rutgers' offense is greatly improved, and they seem to have a good secondary.

It's gonna be a tough game next week. We have a LOT to clean up to be competitive. I am planning to be at that game in Piscataway.

I agree, Frank. I like our defense and against MAC teams I think we'll do fine. I think our special teams really needs to improve ie kickoffs and punting. Our offense against Charlotte was like 7-15 in third down conversions and was spotty. Need to have a dominate running game zero production from the TE spot which has been huge for CC's teams the past three seasons.
09-02-2017 09:40 AM
EagleTough Offline
1st String

(09-02-2017 09:40 AM)emu79 Wrote:  
(09-02-2017 07:40 AM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  I was on-and-off watching Rutgers and Washington. I think it was one of those game that wasn't as close as the scoreboard says. Nevertheless, Rutgers' offense is greatly improved, and they seem to have a good secondary.

I agree, Frank. I like our defense and against MAC teams I think we'll do fine. I think our special teams really needs to improve ie kickoffs and punting. Our offense against Charlotte was like 7-15 in third down conversions and was spotty. Need to have a dominate running game zero production from the TE spot which has been huge for CC's teams the past three seasons.

This team won't have a dominant running game, nor ANY production from a TE this season. Going to have to win with Robacks arm, WR's, and defense. First game just confirmed what we already knew.
09-02-2017 01:49 PM
emu79 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: emu
(09-02-2017 01:49 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  
(09-02-2017 09:40 AM)emu79 Wrote:  

This team won't have a dominant running game, nor ANY production from a TE this season. Going to have to win with Robacks arm, WR's, and defense. First game just confirmed what we already knew.

I was surprised by the secondary's poor play the first half Hoying's interception not withstanding. Did that confirm what we already knew considering the number of starters we had returning? Hopefully the defense I saw the second half is what we see against Rutgers. I hope you're wrong in the running offense and we can be productive there. Looks like Robinson was playing more for blocking, didn't see any running back screens or passes to backs in the flats, maybe they were in for blocking? I went to the game not sure what to expect. I guess we'll see what the Rutgers and then Ohio U.
09-02-2017 04:32 PM

emu steve Online
Legend

My 2 cents:

The flow of the game was such that EMU could win without showing the playbook.

I never felt a sense of undue concern that we wouldn't win last night.

I suspect Rutgers had to show their playbook to remain competitive in the game.

I'm not sure there is any equivalence in the games.
09-02-2017 05:03 PM
Luckeyone Offline
1st String

If there ever was a time EMU could get their first win against a B1G team, now's the Time. Rutgers has 10 true freshman on the 2 deeps....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.nj...ame_bi.amp
09-03-2017 08:34 AM
FrankAnderson Offline
1st String

The line opens at Rutgers -4.5.

A little closer than I expected. I was thinking something like -7.5.
09-03-2017 05:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.