Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Early impression so far
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
Early impression so far
Week 0
USF- usf is a explosive team but has major flaws..usf offense works with space/time but struggles in tight defense who brings pressure..when sjsu was fresh early, usf looked very bad on offense, but as ware set in and usf had time to operate it was lite work....
i question flowers i tight defense/pressure, and hitting tight short passes....

but there isnt single team on usfs schedule i think can exploit that for a full game expect maybe houston..theyll be fine in the regular season, i worry about them in a ny6

thursday week 1
UCF- likely only competitor for usf in the east... fiu is bad..ucf handled business....i think ucf is a year away..yeah they dismantled fiu but it didnt feel efficient..it was like no gain, no gain, 50yd play off bad coverage..but i will say this, they will be the AAC favorite in 2018 and 2019 depending on the coach,

Tulsa- offense will be predictable (running) but explosive, it will be "i know what is coming you know what is coming, but can you stop it"..i think tulsa ends up a middling team..

memphis...a fully complete offense, they can beat you any way...they are a passing team, it storms, they rush 300yds instead..they can score on anyone...the defense is the question

cincy- i see a VERY long season..their offense looked atrocious..pass was inefficient to flat out bad and what was the most troubling was the lack of ability to run down the middle on AP, arguably the worst fcs (they had to resort to outside runs)...this is why non-top 25 fcs should be auto wins, because you can hand it off every play and have your line push around their undersized dline for easy scores..cincy couldnt do it versus peay..theyll struggle versus everyone else

uconn hard to tell..with pindell and the first 3 quarters..winless was a real possibility ....its hard to tell with shirreff, he scored essentially on every drive but scoring every drive on a 4-7 fcs really means nothing...but something i did notice with shirreff is that almost all his passes he threw them before the wr even turned around ...you can tell him and the wrs have a strong bond and connection...with the east so bad bowling might be possible
09-01-2017 12:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Early impression so far
Our all-everything QB from last season, Riley Ferguson, throws a wet football like a girl. Didn't look like could get a good grip.
09-01-2017 12:24 AM
M1T4 Offline
Heisman

You are on point about Memphis pesik. We don't really know what they are capable of till next week. That game wouldn't have been that close tonight if not for the inclement weather. Dropped us down a few notches to what we usually do
09-01-2017 12:25 AM
M1T4 Offline
Heisman

(09-01-2017 12:24 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Our all-everything QB from last season, Riley Ferguson, throws a wet football like a girl. Didn't look like could get a good grip.

You try throwing with constant rain and wind pounding you. Bet you throw like a girl too.
09-01-2017 12:26 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Fair assessment pesik, we will know more next week.
09-01-2017 12:35 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(09-01-2017 12:35 AM)shere khan Wrote:  Fair assessment pesik, we will know more next week.

Agree. Hard to tell anything tonight. We know our offense should be great. We have no idea about our D yet. We should be better with more depth this year, but we had 5 defensive starters go out of the game.

Next week should be a good test for both teams.
09-01-2017 12:39 AM
Advertisement

UConn to the Beast Offline
2nd String

I Root For: CCSU, AAC
Uconn needs serious help on the offensive line, ucf is good, Tulsa needs a D, Memphis is solid.

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app
09-01-2017 04:51 AM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
the weather ruined the Memphis game. concerned isn't a strong enough word regarding Memphis defense. 2 starters lost to what look to be serious leg injury, 2 other starters left the game with undisclosed injury and 1 of the important reserves will miss the 1st half at ucf for targeting. it was a win but an all around disappointing first day of the season for me
09-01-2017 06:10 AM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
The Oregon/Ucf offense is designed to have those playa that go nowhere to set up the big plays. That's how the entire system works. Frost is fine with running two identical plays that go nowhere if it gets the defense cheating one way enough to burn them on the play they were setting up for.

I will say though- Frost has killed it recruiting. I've never seen this much young talent on offense. We had true freshman owning the defense last night.
09-01-2017 06:35 AM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
All I can go with is what my eyes told me last night.... The Bear-kittens are an FCS caliber team that struggled with an FCS team.

That may be their only win this season.

Absoutely, incredibly, frustrating and embarrassing.
09-01-2017 07:07 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
atleast we had no embarrassments
09-01-2017 08:32 AM
Advertisement

wavefan12 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulane
Cinci looked awful. Their QB play is a joke.

Can't take much out of the Tulsa and Memphis games. OKU is really good and the weather was so bad for Memphis.

UCF may challenge their friend's down south.

UConn is a total rebuild. I feel for UConn fans.

Not the best night for the AAC, but it could have been much worse. I think there could be some big surprises in the final league standings.
09-01-2017 08:53 AM
StatueKnight Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UCF
(09-01-2017 08:53 AM)wavefan12 Wrote:  Cinci looked awful. Their QB play is a joke.

Can't take much out of the Tulsa and Memphis games. OKU is really good and the weather was so bad for Memphis.

UCF may challenge their friend's to the West.

Not the best night for the AAC, but it could have been much worse. I think there could be some big surprises in the final league standings.

FIFY
09-01-2017 08:59 AM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
(09-01-2017 08:59 AM)StatueKnight Wrote:  
(09-01-2017 08:53 AM)wavefan12 Wrote:  Cinci looked awful. Their QB play is a joke.

UCF may challenge their friends to the West.

FIFY

FIEM (Fixed it even more)
09-01-2017 09:27 AM
CincyBro Offline
All American

I Root For: " NO GOR "
(09-01-2017 07:07 AM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  All I can go with is what my eyes told me last night.... The Bear-kittens are an FCS caliber team that struggled with an FCS team.

AGREED....... When does hoops start.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017 09:51 AM by CincyBro.)
09-01-2017 09:50 AM
Square Knight Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
UCF also lost one of their 2-deep secondary players to injury. Likely out for the season. Cheap shot personal foul from an FIU player after the whistle.
09-01-2017 09:10 PM
Advertisement

C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

I Root For: Wichita State
(09-01-2017 09:50 AM)CincyBro Wrote:  
(09-01-2017 07:07 AM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  All I can go with is what my eyes told me last night.... The Bear-kittens are an FCS caliber team that struggled with an FCS team.

AGREED....... When does hoops start.

Soon brother... and it will be glorious indeed. The conference is going to look really good regardless of what pigskin perils befall us in the OTHER major conference sport. The Shockers bring a toughness reminiscent of championship football to the hardwood. I think fans will be entertained and pleased.

T

...03-cool
09-01-2017 09:16 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(09-01-2017 06:10 AM)tigerjeb Wrote:  the weather ruined the Memphis game. concerned isn't a strong enough word regarding Memphis defense. 2 starters lost to what look to be serious leg injury, 2 other starters left the game with undisclosed injury and 1 of the important reserves will miss the 1st half at ucf for targeting. it was a win but an all around disappointing first day of the season for me

Pretty much how I feel, too. Conditions were miserable. I still think CBS should have postponed the game until today (Saturday).

And despite the conditions, we had some issues, especially on D, that were unrelated to the weather. Our running and return games were great, and we all know our O has a chance to be special this season. Questions remain on D.

The UCF game should be a good opportunity to measure how good (or not) we can be this season.
09-02-2017 06:59 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame

I sincerely feel bad for you guys. Been there, done that, not too long ago.

Good luck with the rebuild. We need you to be good again. You will be.
09-02-2017 07:02 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
First game doesn't tell the whole story. We have seen many teams struggle out the gate already this year and in past years that then get better as they play. If you have talent the team will get better, if you don't then it could be a long season.
09-02-2017 08:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.