Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN viewers ...
PIRATE TERP Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ECU / MARYLAND
ESPN viewers ...
Like many who message here I also believe that espn stinks! Have not watched sportscenter in many years and only the occasional documentary or focus program. I do watch games however. So ... who in the hell does watch the other stuff 05-stirthepot 03-banghead 05-nono 07-coffee3
08-30-2017 05:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
RE: ESPN viewers ...
Sometimes I watch GameDay (depending on who's playing).
I try to catch some of the college football scoreboard for the highlights.
Of course I watch several games each week.
If 30-for-30 is interesting, I'll watch that.
If nothing else is on, I'll flip over to SportsCenter - for background noise.
08-30-2017 06:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DavidSt Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
I miss Captain Lou making a case for schools like Boise State to go for the Championship games. ESPN lost a person who was for the little guys. They lose their best talents and kept their talent that sucks. Danny Kanell was just hired by Fox Sports to do play by play for football games. As it is, ESPN kept SEC guys, and gave Tim Tebow a large signing contract that was more than some of the ACC guys they let go of.
08-30-2017 07:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
I only watch sporting events on it. Cannot stand the yapping opinion shows, and that crap had infiltrated SC so I quit watching it too. I have watched a couple of the documentaries... they are pretty good.
08-30-2017 07:24 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Not only do I limit my viewership to games, I only watch my alma mater play (and my wife's, by proxy--- but I am not as interested).
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2017 07:56 AM by CliftonAve.)
08-30-2017 07:56 AM
quo vadis Online
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
I'm VERY glad to have the four ESPN channels that I get, would miss loads of sports without them. E.g., today I will probably watch 5 hours of US Open tennis, and then this weekend several college football games.

Not a fan of Sportscenter any more, but I still like PTI, catch that most days, and their 30-30 series has been outstanding for the most part.

ESPN gives me lots of enjoyment and has for decades. 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2017 08:19 AM by quo vadis.)
08-30-2017 08:18 AM
Advertisement

Carolina_Low_Country Offline
1st String

I Root For: Go Pirates
Yea, do not watch sports center. ESPN went full 24 live news and that killed Sportscenter. They needed stuff to fill the hours so the only way to do that is cover social issues and what some player tweeted.

What they should have done with all the extra time is dive more into programs. For example have different college coaches and AD call into ESPN to discuss the program. Similar to what Tim Brando use to do on his show. They could also have interviews with NFL, NBA, NHL, etc GM, Owners, players, etc.
08-30-2017 08:20 AM
BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND
I rarely if ever watch the Eastcoast Sports Programming Network anymore.

Game Day depending on who's playing and where it's at and the occasional 30 for 30, other than that, only if a B1G team is playing......

Unless Beth Mowins was calling the game then I immediately turn the channel. Her super power is being the ONLY announcer that can get me to turn off a Badger game.
08-30-2017 08:25 AM
EagleNationRising Offline
1st String

I Root For: GaSouthern
(08-30-2017 08:18 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  I'm VERY glad to have the four ESPN channels that I get, would miss loads of sports without them. E.g., today I will probably watch 5 hours of US Open tennis, and then this weekend several college football games.

Not a fan of Sportscenter any more, but I still like PTI, catch that most days, and their 30-30 series has been outstanding for the most part.

Who are you going for in the US Open?
08-30-2017 08:34 AM
quo vadis Online
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(08-30-2017 08:34 AM)EagleNationRising Wrote:  
(08-30-2017 08:18 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  I'm VERY glad to have the four ESPN channels that I get, would miss loads of sports without them. E.g., today I will probably watch 5 hours of US Open tennis, and then this weekend several college football games.

Who are you going for in the US Open?

Federer and Venus, though both look like they are about to teeter out, neither is healthy. I like Halep but thought Sharapova got a bum rap the past few years so was glad to see her win. How about you?
08-30-2017 08:45 AM
Renandpat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Central State
(08-30-2017 08:20 AM)Carolina_Low_Country Wrote:  Yea, do not watch sports center. ESPN went full 24 live news and that killed Sportscenter. They needed stuff to fill the hours so the only way to do that is cover social issues and what some player tweeted.

What they should have done with all the extra time is dive more into programs. For example have different college coaches and AD call into ESPN to discuss the program. Similar to what Tim Brando use to do on his show. They could also have interviews with NFL, NBA, NHL, etc GM, Owners, players, etc.

Sorry but only a handful of college coaches and administrative types say ANYTHING of note. They're so guarded they make for dreadful interviews. They would just make the same banal comments which they would to the booster or Rotary Club on Wednesdays.
08-30-2017 08:53 AM
Advertisement

Eldonabe Online
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
Outside of games I am only really entertained by watching the College Football Game Day crew.

Specifically I love it when they have Corso and Herbie in the same screen shot - EVERY week Corso goes off the rails from whatever the conversation is about or blank on a guys name (he always forgets Desmond Howard's name), and watching the look on Herbie's face is priceless. He never gets annoyed, he just looks like he is entertained by it, then he will step in and redirect Corso in some way with a wry smile on his face.... That is funny Sh** to me.....

Corso was a great personality who is showing major senility traits, but ESPN just keep rolling the guy out there every week.
08-30-2017 08:54 AM
Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville
I'm like many here ...

-- Games, but I watch a lot of those. Sports junkie.
-- College Game Day just gets me going on a Saturday.
-- 30 for 30's are usually very good.
-- I also watch the Fantasy Football Sunday morning show, as I do other things, to make sure my guys aren't suddenly injured, or to help me with lineup choices. In a related note, the new half hour Fantasy daily show, I have set to DVR, to see if that provides value there. We shall see.
-- I used to watch PTI religiously, but not so much anymore. I'll tune in to see if they talk about something relevant to me.

ESPN is a shadow of its former self, and it's sad. I have a fraternity brother who spent his career trying to get there ... and he is there now (hired a couple of years ago), and I only catch him on SportsCenter by accident. There's just no reason to watch SportsCenter anymore.
08-30-2017 09:15 AM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
(08-30-2017 05:32 AM)PIRATE TERP Wrote:  Like many who message here I also believe that espn stinks! Have not watched sportscenter in many years and only the occasional documentary or focus program. I do watch games however. So ... who in the hell does watch the other stuff 05-stirthepot 03-banghead 05-nono 07-coffee3

We were all wondering what you do. Do you keep up with General Hospital, NCIS season 1000, and the amazing race?
08-30-2017 09:24 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
(08-30-2017 08:53 AM)Renandpat Wrote:  
(08-30-2017 08:20 AM)Carolina_Low_Country Wrote:  Yea, do not watch sports center. ESPN went full 24 live news and that killed Sportscenter. They needed stuff to fill the hours so the only way to do that is cover social issues and what some player tweeted.

Sorry but only a handful of college coaches and administrative types say ANYTHING of note. They're so guarded they make for dreadful interviews. They would just make the same banal comments which they would to the booster or Rotary Club on Wednesdays.

I'd prefer dead air and test patterns between games than any coaches shows, interviews, "analysis" or other such things.
08-30-2017 09:59 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(08-30-2017 09:59 AM)TerryD Wrote:  I'd prefer dead air and test patterns between games than any coaches shows, interviews, "analysis" or other such things.

Or, horrors of horrors, showing more games.
08-30-2017 10:03 AM
Advertisement

MissouriStateBears Offline
All American

I Root For: Missouri State
Just watch ESPN for live games and 30 for 30. FS1 for studio shows.
08-30-2017 10:38 AM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
(08-30-2017 10:03 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(08-30-2017 09:59 AM)TerryD Wrote:  I'd prefer dead air and test patterns between games than any coaches shows, interviews, "analysis" or other such things.

Or, horrors of horrors, showing more games.

It blows my mind what people complain about. "Oh no!!!! A show called Sportscenter where they give their opinion on sports on a sports channel! The horror!"

Sportscenter is great when you just want something to listen to and you don't feel like listening to politics that make you want to jump of a bridge. I listen to it while I'm doing things like grilling or ironing clothes.
08-30-2017 10:52 AM
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
Have disliked their political postitions so much thay I have cut out everything except live games and College Gameday (if were not so much of tradition would cut it too)
08-30-2017 10:55 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
ESPN stands for Entertainment Sports Programming Network
I have since its inception avoided the E portion of the Four Letter Network as I don't like their choice of Entertainment.

Aside from Louisville games, I watch little to nothing on ESPN. I don't need to know about the NBA, MLB or NFL. I don't believe it's possible for me to care any less for their constant droning about everything under the sun that doesn't directly relate to a ball score.
CJ
08-30-2017 11:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.