Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What is up with Marshall Recruiting
Bookmark and Share
BlackNGold Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF

Rivals only lists 3 and scout only 2. This is not a knock, because it's in UCF and NCUSA's best interest Marshall does well. I'm very surprised it is going so slow.
01-10-2005 11:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ThisboardisDEAD
Unregistered

Can't answer for Marshall, but Scout has just 4 verbals listed for Toledo and I know for a fact we have 8 verbals right now. These recruiting agencies tend to fall a little behind on schools that don't have websites with them. They mostly rely on the owners of those websites for their recruiting information........at least for the non-bcs schools.
01-10-2005 01:28 PM
Quote this message in a reply
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Heres our committmet list........

Name Commit Date

Zach Barnard (QB) 4.8 6'4/180 Owensboro, KY/Owensboro (July 12th 04)

John Jacobs (RB) 4.6 6-3/219 Broadway, VA/Broadway (December 22nd 04)

Chris Barnes (OL) 6-5/280 Riverside College, CA (December 15th 04)

William Lewis (WR) 4.6 6-4/204 Georgetown, KY/Scott County (January 2nd 05)

Zane Bruhin (OL) 6-6/315 Powell, TN/Powell (January 6th 05)

Wesley Jones (OL) 6-5/325 Hinds Community College (January 7th 05)

Derek Devine (QB) 6-3/220 Mt. San Antonio CC (January 9th 05)

Chubb Small (RB) 4.2 5-9/190 Hargraves Military Academy (January 10th 05)
01-12-2005 08:56 PM
Advertisement

ThisboardisDEAD
Unregistered

Toledo now has 19 commits and they have only added 1 new verbal to our list on those ranking sites.
01-13-2005 09:24 AM
ThisboardisDEAD
Unregistered

HZ - That Chubb Small kid is pretty good from what I hear. Nice pickup.
01-13-2005 09:27 AM
Advertisement

HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

rocketfootball Wrote:HZ - That Chubb Small kid is pretty good from what I hear.  Nice pickup.
He's the fastest we've had since Satterwite 4.23

<a href='http://www.herald-dispatch.com/2005/January/12/MUtop2.htm' target='_blank'>Chubb Small in HD</a>

We have anothe Mississippi QB looking at us too that will most likely commit to us. <a href='http://www.herald-dispatch.com/2005/January/13/MUtop1.htm' target='_blank'>Wesley Beardain in HD</a>

<a href='http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=108&p=8&c=1&nid=1426386' target='_blank'>Wesley Beardain on Insiders</a>

We have others waiting to be put on scholarship, so I don't expect this to be that big of a class.
01-13-2005 10:33 PM
Rob T
Unregistered

Marshall is a notoriously slow starter. The numbers may not be high right now (they never are this time of year), but you also have to look at needs.

We'll be fine.

<a href='http://---removed-webpage-link--- (caught by filter)/forums/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=12786' target='_blank'>http://---removed-webpage-link--- (caught by filter)/forums/phpbb2/viewto...pic.php?t=12786</a>
01-17-2005 11:15 AM
Advertisement

marshallisqbu Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall !!!!

rocketfootball Wrote:HZ - That Chubb Small kid is pretty good from what I hear. Nice pickup.
yeah, he's one of our fastest, and one of the strongest players we've ever signed. I'm excited about him.
01-19-2005 03:43 PM
MUHERD Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Here is a few....still this list is not up to date

Name Commit Date
Zach Barnard July 12th 04
John Jacobs December 22nd 04
Chris Barnes December 15th 04
William Lewis January 2nd 05
Zane Bruhin January 6th 05
Wesley Jones January 7th 05
Derek Devine January 9th 05
Chubb Small January 10th 05
Timmy Jones January 17th 05
Sean McClelland January 17th 05
Jerrell Edelen January 17th 05
Darrell Lake January 19th 05
Wesley Beardain January 19th 05
Corey Gardhigh January 23th 05
Brian Leggett January 23th 05
Marcus Roberson January 23th 05
E.J. Rasco January 23th 05
Brandon Souder January 23th 05
C.J. Spillman January 23th 05
Paul O'Hara January 25th 05
David Defatta January 25th 05
Zearrick Matthews January 25th 05
Juan Underwood January 22th 05
Albert McClellan January 29th 05
Julius McClellan January 29th 05
Chris Gamble January 29th 05
04-rock
01-31-2005 01:51 PM
Advertisement

MUHERD Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Here is a few more.....

11 more commit to Herd
Record-breaking Kentucky back among latest verbals for Marshall
By ANTHONY HANSHEW - The Herald-Dispatch

HUNTINGTON -- More than half of the 16 prospects making official visits to Marshall committed to the Thundering Herd football program on Sunday.
Ten players verbally committed to Marshall coaches before exiting campus. Included in the group is Kentucky’s all-time touchdowns leader, one of the top local talents and two defensive prospects who will rejoin high school teammates.

Wide receiver Ridge Corbin, defensive backs Dedrick Davis, J.J. Johnson, Chuck Roberts and John Saunders, offensive lineman Carlos Rodriguez, linebacker Donte Spires, defensive end Cam Stokes, running back Kelvin Turner and tight end Patrick Wilkinson joined Marshall’s commitment list, which has swelled to more than 30. In addition, linebacker Albert McClellan, who previously visited Marshall, also committed to the Herd this weekend.

Turner, a 5-foot-10, 180-pound tailback from Danville High School (Ky.), rushed for 2,656 yards and totaled 43 touchdowns, including 36 on the ground, last season. He totaled more than 7,000 career rushing yards and scored a state record 116 touchdowns.
"I committed because I liked the coaches for one thing," Turner said. "They were straight forward."
Turner said Marshall’s winning tradition also played a key role in his college choice. The game-breaker led Danville to three state championship games, winning a pair of titles.
"It was very important because when you come from a winning high school program you don’t want to go somewhere where you lose all of the time and don’t have a chance to compete for a championship."
Numerous SEC schools were recruiting Turner, including Tennessee, Georgia and Kentucky.

Saunders is among the area’s most prolific high school student athletes. The 6-0, 185-pound Cabell Midland standout is a two-time 1,000-yard rusher and topped 100 tackles in three consecutive seasons.
East Carolina and several Division I-AA programs also have shown interest in Saunders, a seven-time track and field state champion.
"It’s home," Saunders said. "I know what to expect and I’ve got people backing me and giving me support."
Saunders, a two-time first team all-state selection, likely will play safety for the Thundering Herd.

Davis, a 6-0, 200-pound multi-threat from Auburndale High School (Fla.), rushed for 700 yards and added 500 passing last season. He’s a former teammate of fellow Marshall commitment Chubb Small.
"We grew up together from Little League up to high school and now in college, too," Davis said.
Davis said he’ll like play strong safety for the Thundering Herd.

Johnson, a 5-11, 177-pound standout from St. John’s High School (D.C.), said he’ll play either cornerback or safety. Last season, he intercepted seven passes and totaled 19 pass breakups and 49 tackles. Johnson returned one pickoff for a touchdown.
Akron also offered Johnson, who was recruited by Colorado State, Miami of Ohio and Kent State. Johnson is an academic qualifier.
"I didn’t have a lot of offers but (Marshall) coach (Bobby) Pruett said beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I’m looking pretty," Johnson said.

Rodriguez is among seven Florida natives who have committed to the Herd. The 6-5, 330 offensive lineman from Osceola High School is Marshall’s fifth offensive line commitment.
"I talked to him last night and he was very impressed," said Rodriguez’ mother, Marta Rodriguez. "He felt comfortable and felt at home."

Corbin, a 6-2, 200-pound wideout from Stone Mountain High School (Ga.) reportedly was offered by Wisconsin and recruited by Georgia, Auburn and Tennessee. Roberts, a fellow Georgia native, is a 5-10, 180-pound defensive back from Effingham High School.

Stokes, a 6-3, 230-pound defensive end from Aberdeen High School (Md.) was being recruited by Michigan, Maryland, Virginia, Syracuse, North Carolina and Hawaii.

Spires, a 6-3, 235-pound linebacker from Plant High School (Fla.), totaled 132 tackles last season and made an earlier visit to West Virginia.
Wilkinson is a 6-7, 205-pound tight end prospect from Gulf Shores High School (Ala.) and McClellan is a 6-2, 210-pound linebacker from Kathleen High School (Fla.).

Like Davis, McClellan will reunite with a high school teammate, defensive end Darrell Lake. McClellan’s older brother, junior college wide receiver Julius McClellan, visited Marshall this weekend.
National Letter of Intent Day is Wednesday.
01-31-2005 01:53 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

Player
Pos.
Size
School

Daniel Baldridge
OL
6-9, 265
Opelousas HS (La.)

Zach Barnard
QB
6-4, 215
Owensboro Catholic HS (Ky.)

Chris Barnes
OL
6-5, 280
Riverside College (Calif.)

Wesley Beardin
QB
6-1, 195
Winona HS (Miss.)

Zane Bruhin
OL
6-5, 315
Powell HS (Tenn.)

Ridge Corbin
WR
6-2, 200
Stone Mountain HS (Ga.)

Dedrick Davis
DB
6-0, 200
Auburndale HS (Fla.)

Derek Devine
QB
6-3, 220
Mt. San Antonio College (Calif.)

Jerrell Edelen
DT
6-3, 307
Westlake HS (Md.)

Charles Gamble
LB
6-3, 210
Durham Southern HS (N.C.)

John Jacobs
LB
6-3, 219
Broadway HS (Va.)

Timmy Jones
DB
5-10, 190
NW Mississippi C.C.

Wesley Jones
OT
6-5, 325
Hinds Community College (Miss.)

J.J. Johnson
DB
5-11, 177
St. John's (D.C.)

Darrell Lake
DE
6-2, 245
Kathleen HS (Fla.)

Brian Leggett
OL
6-1, 270
Meridian HS (Miss.)

William Lewis
WR
6-4, 205
Scott County HS (Ky.)

Albert McClellan
LB
6-2, 210
Kathleen HS (Fla.)

Julius McClellan
WR
6-4, 220
Coahoma C.C. (Miss.)

Paul O'Hara
RB
6-0, 220
Dixie County HS (Fla.)

E.J. Rasco
DE/LB
6-0, 230
Fork Union Military (Va.)

DeMarcus Roberson
DE/LB
6-3, 220

Chuck Roberts
DB
5-10, 165
Effingham HS (Ga.)

Carlos Rodriguez
OL
6-5, 330
Osceola HS (Fla.)

Chubb Small
RB
5-9, 180
Hargrave Military (Va.)

Brandon Souder
LB
6-3, 220
LA Southwest College (Calif.)

C.J. Spillman
S
6-3, 190

Donte Spires
LB
6-3, 235
Plant HS (Fla.)

Cam Stokes
DE
6-3, 230
Aberdeen HS (Md.)

Kelvin Turner
RB
5-10, 180
Danville HS (Ky.)

Juan Underwood
DT
6-3, 294
Pima Community College (Ariz.)

Patrick Wilkinson
TE
6-7, 205
Gulf Shores HS (Ala.)
02-02-2005 01:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.