Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JMU FB game weather
Bookmark and Share
Wear Purple Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
Exclamation JMU FB game weather
Still 7 days away, but for now at least, the forecast looks pretty good. Watching these poor folks in Texas getting bombed with devastating rain, it reminds me that it was only a year ago on Sep. 2nd when Greenville NC received over 10 inches of rain around Labor Day weekend.

The Weather Underground forecast for game day absolutely could be a helluva lot worse... https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/nc/greenville

Clear skies with a high of 85 and high pressure (read: likely lower humidity & dew points) with temps around 81 at kickoff? For eastern NC this time of year? I'll take that in a heartbeat. Just hope it stays that way as the next 7 days go by and we approach game day.

Fingers crossed.

*edited title from ECU Game Weather to JMU FB game weather to keep forecasts in one thread throughout the season
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2017 09:29 AM by Wear Purple.)
08-26-2017 10:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

1998JMU Offline
Water Engineer

RE: ECU game weather
Luckily game starts at 6 so after halftime it should cool down ever more so that should help JMU bench (not having access to some of those spare 22 fresh legs) when it goes into the critical 4th qtr...never easy playing against 85 scholarship teams in brutal conditions.
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2017 10:53 AM by 1998JMU.)
08-26-2017 10:46 AM
BleedingPurple Offline
Heisman

(08-26-2017 10:46 AM)1998JMU Wrote:  Luckily game starts at 6 so after halftime it should cool down ever more so that should help JMU bench (not having access to some of those spare 22 fresh legs) when it goes into the critical 4th qtr...never easy playing against 85 scholarship teams in brutal conditions.

I understand your thoughts on the 22, but most people tend to forget that we have 85 under a scholly as well, it's just that many of ours are partials which should correlate to less talent and a bit undersized versus our FBS opponents rather than less conditioned.
08-26-2017 11:06 AM
JMUNewbill Offline
2nd String

ECU game weather
It can't be as hot as it was at UNC. I felt like I was literally baking in those stands (with my knees in my chest).
08-26-2017 12:42 PM

BleedingPurple Offline
Heisman

(08-26-2017 12:42 PM)JMUNewbill Wrote:  It can't be as hot as it was at UNC. I felt like I was literally baking in those stands (with my knees in my chest).

All three of the UNC games have been burning hot, we need to put in those contracts KO not before 6:00.
08-26-2017 01:24 PM
1998JMU Offline
Water Engineer

(08-26-2017 01:24 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  
(08-26-2017 12:42 PM)JMUNewbill Wrote:  It can't be as hot as it was at UNC. I felt like I was literally baking in those stands (with my knees in my chest).

All three of the UNC games have been burning hot, we need to put in those contracts KO not before 6:00.

Then they will refuse to play us
08-26-2017 05:37 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Heisman

(08-26-2017 05:37 PM)1998JMU Wrote:  
(08-26-2017 01:24 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  

Then they will refuse to play us

My post was in jest. 04-cheers
08-26-2017 05:49 PM

BDKJMU Online
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
The weather folks said on Tues night TX was gonna get hit with a tropical storm. On Fri night they got slammed with a Cat 4 hurricane.

I'll take with a bunch of grains of salt a 7 day out weather forecast..
08-26-2017 09:41 PM
JMUisat2014 Offline
Water Engineer

(08-26-2017 09:41 PM)BDKJMU Wrote:  The weather folks said on Tues night TX was gonna get hit with a tropical storm. On Fri night they got slammed with a Cat 4 hurricane.

I know everyone loves to bash the weatherman but Harvey in particular has been a well forecast storm with ample warning given to residents. The fact that they were able to accurately predict the location of landfall a week out is in itself a huge feat. Models were showing the potential for hurricane strength days out but the models aren't always correct. What makes forecasters valuable is their ability to sift through the noise and make an educated call. If the forecast showed whatever the most recent model popped out, the forecast would change every 6 hours. That's not so great if you want people to have faith in what they're being delivered.

What may appear as a lack of ability to some is really an attempt to provide as much logical continuity as possible.
08-26-2017 11:04 PM
jmufan2008 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Dukes
(08-26-2017 11:04 PM)JMUisat2014 Wrote:  
(08-26-2017 09:41 PM)BDKJMU Wrote:  The weather folks said on Tues night TX was gonna get hit with a tropical storm. On Fri night they got slammed with a Cat 4 hurricane.

I know everyone loves to bash the weatherman but Harvey in particular has been a well forecast storm with ample warning given to residents. The fact that they were able to accurately predict the location of landfall a week out is in itself a huge feat. Models were showing the potential for hurricane strength days out but the models aren't always correct. What makes forecasters valuable is their ability to sift through the noise and make an educated call. If the forecast showed whatever the most recent model popped out, the forecast would change every 6 hours. That's not so great if you want people to have faith in what they're being delivered.

What may appear as a lack of ability to some is really an attempt to provide as much logical continuity as possible.

Plus there were plenty of quality forecasters telling everyone to get the hell out. However, the people in charge refused to listen. Now, did they know that it would be a once-in-a-million-year rainfall event? No. But they did know it was going to be devastating long before it hit.
08-28-2017 12:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.