Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Brussels attack: Man shot after stabbing troops
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Brussels attack: Man shot after stabbing troops
Quote:A man has been shot dead after attacking two soldiers with a machete in the centre of Brussels.

The attacker, aged 30, was injured in the street but later died in hospital. One of the soldiers suffered a wound to the face, the other has a hand injury.

Photographs showed the street cordoned off with police and troops in the area.

Soldiers have become a familiar sight on the streets of the Belgian capital since terror attacks which killed more than 30 people last year.

Belgium's federal prosecutor's office said the attacker was "not known for terrorist activities" but said that he had shouted "Allahu Akbar" ("God is greatest" in Arabic) during the assault.

The attack on Friday is being treated as terrorist incident, the prosecutor's office said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41057304
08-25-2017 05:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
RE: Brussels attack: Man shot after stabbing troops
Maybe there is something to that whole end times notion after all.
08-25-2017 08:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
banker Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Probably a nazi.
08-25-2017 09:14 PM
Advertisement

oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
Brussels is weird. It's a very international city, and furthermore the majority of migrants there are not from Islamic countries (of course there is a significant portion, but not what you'd expect at all). Perhaps the cities existence as a "centerpiece" of Western society is what draws a disproportionate amount of hate coming from outside sources. The city is perhaps symbolic in a way - and that makes it a target. It's a minor miracle that DC (where I work) is somehow still relatively safe.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017 11:59 PM by oliveandblue.)
08-25-2017 11:57 PM
LIBSOC Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: RAMS
trump why did you do it??
08-25-2017 11:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.