Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Early Playoff Bracketology
Bookmark and Share
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
Early Playoff Bracketology
An early preseason bracket prediction. Obviously many of these will change, but it looks somewhat reasonable to me:

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4316083-iz...-breakdown
08-25-2017 08:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
RE: Early Playoff Bracketology
(08-25-2017 08:55 AM)JMURocks Wrote:  An early preseason bracket prediction. Obviously many of these will change, but it looks somewhat reasonable to me:

Yep. Not too bad. I can see the New Hampshire head coach seeing that bracket and thinking to himself "Good Buddha, not again...can we be placed somewhere else please?"
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017 09:07 AM by Wear Purple.)
08-25-2017 09:06 AM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

(08-25-2017 08:55 AM)JMURocks Wrote:  An early preseason bracket prediction. Obviously many of these will change, but it looks somewhat reasonable to me:

That's very nice. I would love to put another beat down on SHSU. UNH has to be tired of playing us at this point.
08-25-2017 09:07 AM
Dukester Offline

I'm suprised Richmond was not listed as obvious 2nd seed.
08-25-2017 09:23 AM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-25-2017 09:07 AM)JMad03 Wrote:  

That's very nice. I would love to put another beat down on SHSU. UNH has to be tired of playing us at this point.

Last year was the first ever playoff meeting between the two schools. They can't be tired of us after a single meeting.
08-25-2017 09:42 AM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-25-2017 09:42 AM)Potomac Wrote:  

Last year was the first ever playoff meeting between the two schools. They can't be tired of us after a single meeting.

After the beat down we gave them at BFS, and some of the comments their coach has made, I think they are a bit "tired" of seeing us 02-13-banana I'd bet KC and the Softies are tired of us too, haha.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017 09:52 AM by JMURocks.)
08-25-2017 09:45 AM
Advertisement

bjk3047 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU DUKES.
Hot take: I would rather not play Soft Houston again in the playoffs. There were enough circumstances to that game (banged up star QB, insane weather, special teams play) that I'll chalk it up to "not indicative of actual ability." To say nothing of the extra motivation they'd have after such an embarrassment.
08-25-2017 09:59 AM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-25-2017 09:59 AM)bjk3047 Wrote:  Hot take: I would rather not play Soft Houston again in the playoffs. There were enough circumstances to that game (banged up star QB, insane weather, special teams play) that I'll chalk it up to "not indicative of actual ability." To say nothing of the extra motivation they'd have after such an embarrassment.

They've consistently been drubbed once they play the tougher teams in FBS, really any true top 5 quality opponent. This isn't a one year thing, but a consistent 5+ year trend.
08-25-2017 10:01 AM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
that would be an awesome bracket - Fordham / NH would be a good game...we get to smash Softies again (if they can get passed Villanova)...and collision path with NDSU

of course it will change, but that's a good first cut
08-25-2017 10:35 AM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

(08-25-2017 09:42 AM)Potomac Wrote:  

If this bracket were to be true, they would have played us 4 times in two years, with 3 of those times in Harrisonburg. Not to mention us winning every single game(we would have to go undefeated to be a 1 seed, so that would include beating UNH on homecoming).
That seems like enough.
08-25-2017 10:54 AM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-25-2017 10:54 AM)JMad03 Wrote:  If this bracket were to be true, they would have played us 4 times in two years, with 3 of those times in Harrisonburg. Not to mention us winning every single game(we would have to go undefeated to be a 1 seed, so that would include beating UNH on homecoming).
That seems like enough.

They should go cry to South Dakota State fans who have had to endure it for longer than 2 seasons.
08-25-2017 10:56 AM
Advertisement

JMU Offline
All American

JMU not even a top 8 seed? Come on! Where is the respect for defending champ? This bracket is lame for that reason alone.
08-25-2017 10:58 AM
Top Dawg Offline
Special Teams

(08-25-2017 10:58 AM)JMU Wrote:  JMU not even a top 8 seed? Come on! Where is the respect for defending champ? This bracket is lame for that reason alone.
I think you are looking at his first bracket for last year. This year he has JMU as the number 1 seed.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017 11:09 AM by Top Dawg.)
08-25-2017 11:09 AM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

(08-25-2017 10:56 AM)Potomac Wrote:  
(08-25-2017 10:54 AM)JMad03 Wrote:  If this bracket were to be true, they would have played us 4 times in two years, with 3 of those times in Harrisonburg. Not to mention us winning every single game(we would have to go undefeated to be a 1 seed, so that would include beating UNH on homecoming).
That seems like enough.

They should go cry to South Dakota State fans who have had to endure it for longer than 2 seasons.

They never had to play NDSU four times in two years as far I can tell. Not to mention they actually beat NDSU in the Fargodome last year. It certainly does suck having to play NDSU every year and getting stuck on that side of the bracket with some damn good teams when they do make the playoffs.
UNH missed the opportunity to play us when we were vulnerable. Now we are the strongest we've ever been and they may not be able to get away. That has to be frustrating if it does indeed happen.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017 11:40 AM by JMad03.)
08-25-2017 11:28 AM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

Pre/early season playoff brackets are as worthless as titties on a bull. Numerous upsets and surprises will happen during the season. You can't predict injuries. They'll be a # of dark horses, & conversely a number of teams expected to be playoff or even seed contenders that will fall flat. Countless scenarios that could play out.
08-25-2017 11:35 AM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

Top 8 seeds in this bracket:
1) JMU
2) NDSU
3) SDSU
4) Jax St
5) SHSU
6) Cal Poly
7) Richmond
8) Wofford

While I wouldn't be surprised if it played out this way, I think RU would be a higher seed if they crush SHSU regular season. This game is important for RU for that reason, because otherwise I think the Softies get over ranked again this year.

Also could see someone like UNH, Nova, or UD with one of these seeds if they have a good season.

I do think NDSU will lobby to be on the opposite side of the bracket from us, and likely get that wish. Would much rather face them at BFS though because that would be an epic game, and avoid ticket contention in Frisco.
08-25-2017 11:41 AM
Advertisement

JMU Offline
All American

(08-25-2017 11:09 AM)Top Dawg Wrote:  
(08-25-2017 10:58 AM)JMU Wrote:  JMU not even a top 8 seed? Come on! Where is the respect for defending champ? This bracket is lame for that reason alone.
I think you are looking at his first bracket for last year. This year he has JMU as the number 1 seed.

that is good. I looked at the first one that popped up on the link. thanks
08-25-2017 01:24 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

I'd be as concerned about Wofford as anyone on our side of this bracket. They are never an easy out. I'd put my money on JSU over SHSU and that would also be a tough game for us. You guys are centered too much on SHSU which we match up against very well and forgetting others who could sting us.
08-25-2017 09:16 PM
Jay M. Youix Offline
1st String

(08-25-2017 09:16 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  I'd be as concerned about Wofford as anyone on our side of this bracket. They are never an easy out. I'd put my money on JSU over SHSU and that would also be a tough game for us. You guys are centered too much on SHSU which we match up against very well and forgetting others who could sting us.

wofford is really good. any of the triple option teams would be interesting. wofford is just really solid on both sides of the ball. we can definitely beat them, but they would be a very tough out.
08-25-2017 10:09 PM
JMUNation Offline
All American

(08-25-2017 11:41 AM)JMURocks Wrote:  Top 8 seeds in this bracket:
1) JMU
2) NDSU
3) SDSU
4) Jax St
5) SHSU
6) Cal Poly
7) Richmond
8) Wofford

While I wouldn't be surprised if it played out this way, I think RU would be a higher seed if they crush SHSU regular season. This game is important for RU for that reason, because otherwise I think the Softies get over ranked again this year.

Also could see someone like UNH, Nova, or UD with one of these seeds if they have a good season.

I do think NDSU will lobby to be on the opposite side of the bracket from us, and likely get that wish. Would much rather face them at BFS though because that would be an epic game, and avoid ticket contention in Frisco.

I don't know. Round two against Montana did not work out so well for us in Harrisonburg.
08-26-2017 07:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.