Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Official Game Thread: Limestone (W 31-10)
Bookmark and Share
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Official Game Thread: Limestone (W 31-10)
Date: September 2nd, 2017

Time: 7:00 PM

Opponent: Limestone (0-0, 0-0 SAC)

Place: William B. Greene Jr. Stadium

Television: none

Webcast: ESPN 3

Radio online: 640WXSM.com (Free)

Limestone 2017 Schedule

Limestone 2017 Roster
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2017 08:49 PM by ETSUfan1.)
08-22-2017 10:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
RE: Official Game Thread: Limestone
Limestone joins the South Atlantic Conference for football this year and was picked last in the preseason poll. They do feature the leagues pre-season first team QB selection.
08-22-2017 10:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
etsuBucsFan1988 Offline
Millennial Grief Counselor

I Root For: ETSU Hoops
Is the game a sell out? Looks like no tickets are available online.
08-23-2017 04:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Purdue,ETSU,G5
(08-23-2017 04:16 PM)etsuBucsFan1988 Wrote:  Is the game a sell out? Looks like no tickets are available online.
Well general admission and Standing room tickets are still left to sell.
08-23-2017 04:18 PM
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

(08-22-2017 10:07 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  Limestone joins the South Atlantic Conference for football this year and was picked last in the preseason poll. They do feature the leagues pre-season first team QB selection.
That's a slight worry considering our inexperience in the secondary besides Paul Hunter.
08-23-2017 04:19 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
I guess the seating is sold out. They will have standing room only to sell at some point.
08-23-2017 04:20 PM
Advertisement

etsuBucsFan1988 Offline
Millennial Grief Counselor

I Root For: ETSU Hoops
(08-23-2017 04:20 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  I guess the seating is sold out. They will have standing room only to sell at some point.

Are they going to allow the standing room ticket holders to sit/stand on the grassed endzone area?
08-23-2017 04:55 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
08-23-2017 07:19 PM
Spector Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: SoCon
Ok then, I take it that everyone is aware of the sell out and stadium status; now it’s time to talk football 

There is not a lot of info regarding LC, so I guess I’ll just toss out some comparative roster information about both teams. You might be able to equate these numbers with years past to get an idea of where the program is heading. So just for fun – here we go:

ETSU has 130+ players listed on their roster. Obviously that number includes walk-on hopefuls, injured players, etc. That number will be reduced shortly. So let’s just consider the players who were on the squad last year and add this year’s signees. This will get us in the ballpark of what we should expect to see on the field opening night.

The easiest aspects to measure are height, weight and years of eligibility.

• The Bucs OL averages 297lbs. They have 6 players topping the 300+ lb. scale, but 3 of them are Fr and probably will not see the field this year, but that is a good indication of things to come.
• LC has 6 OL topping the 300 lb. benchmark and 2 of them are Fr.
• The Bucs DL averages 262 lbs. 5 of them exceed 275lbs with one of them being a Fr.
• LC has 3 DL that exceed the 275 benchmark with one of them being a Fr.
• Both the Bucs and Saints list one TE in excess of 250 lbs.
• Of the WRs we should see dressed, the Bucs have 8 that stand taller than 6’ with one being a Fr.
• LC should come to town with 5 receivers over 6’
• That brings us to the DBs. The Bucs list 9 DBs as being 6’ or above; however, 7 of them are true Fr. We can see by this analysis where the program needs/wants to go.
• LC has 8 DBs listed at/over 6’ with 4 of them being Fr so their secondary is a bit taller.

There is no way to gauge speed and athleticism until they are actually on the field. I believe I read somewhere that only 19 of the team’s first class are still on the squad. That’s actually a good indication that the recruits of past two years are doing what they were supposed to do. Anyway, like I said, this info is just for fun. Hopefully it will get people interested in the game instead of the size of the bathrooms…!
08-28-2017 01:08 PM
prosec34 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ETSU
Consulting the SAC media guide, Limestone appears to be a Division II program on the rise. Their head coach is in his third season, having posted a school-best 5-6 record last year. His defense scored eight touchdowns and ranked eighth in the nation for turnovers forced.

Limestone's quarterback, Corbin, is on the preseason SAC first-team. I'm uncertain how he deserves that accolade, considering he completed only 48 percent of his passes last season with 12 TDs and 11 interceptions. He gained 5.6 yards per attempt. On the rushing side, he ran for 179 yards and a TD. It must be a bad year for QBs in the SAC is all I can figure. It should be noted he was a freshman last season.

Limestone placed two DBs and one LB on the preseason SAC first- and second-teams.
08-28-2017 02:06 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
ETSU is a 28.5 point favorite.
08-29-2017 08:43 PM
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
Kind of a Division II version of ETSU. Newer program, building up. That said, it's a big night, lot of emotion. There will be over 10,000 fans in attendance, there's going to be tears, beers, and an absolute ass kicking take place.
ETSU 49-7.
08-29-2017 09:10 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
Depth chart in case anyone missed it:

http://cdn.streamlinetechnologies.com/et...TAUG22.pdf
08-29-2017 09:28 PM
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

(08-29-2017 09:10 PM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  Kind of a Division II version of ETSU. Newer program, building up. That said, it's a big night, lot of emotion. There will be over 10,000 fans in attendance, there's going to be tears, beers, and an absolute ass kicking take place.
ETSU 49-7.
Let's get the Buccaneer Bowl rolling.
08-29-2017 09:44 PM
queenladybug817 Offline
Special Teams

You got the emotions part right. It was pretty awesome the very first game over at KT - seeing the marching band out there playing the school songs and watching the players run out on the field. But even that pales in comparison to the emotions I think we will all feel being on campus in a full ETSU branded stadium on Saturday. The bowl shape directing the crowd reaction inward. I get chills thinking about it all.
08-30-2017 05:50 AM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(08-30-2017 05:50 AM)queenladybug817 Wrote:  You got the emotions part right. It was pretty awesome the very first game over at KT - seeing the marching band out there playing the school songs and watching the players run out on the field. But even that pales in comparison to the emotions I think we will all feel being on campus in a full ETSU branded stadium on Saturday. The bowl shape directing the crowd reaction inward. I get chills thinking about it all.
A truly wonderful place to watch a college football game. I cannot believe it is all ours. Saturday night will be magic!
08-30-2017 06:47 AM
Advertisement

brock20 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Laundry
I never felt comfortable watching the games in Kermit Tipton. Always felt like ETSU were guests that they didn't want there. Felt more at home at BMS than KT. Playing on campus should be a big boost for the crowd and players.
08-30-2017 07:31 AM
Spector Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: SoCon
All you have to do is go around and check out various programs and facilities. If you restrict the fun, then you restrict the crowd. I’m not saying you have to sell beer or permit stupidity, but give the students something to remember and be a part of! The seats behind the opposing team should be filled with the loudest and most exuberant fans/students - “The Fun Bunch” “The Sea of Red” “The 12th Man” “The Cyclone Psychos” Etc. They shouldn’t be occupied the faint of heart! ETSU is starting some new traditions; thus, so should the fans. Dress up in war paint, develop chants, wear crazy costumes, etc. Have Fun!

I don’t know how the internet or phone reception is in the new stadium, but one of the biggest ways of keeping people in the facility is free access to wifi and good cell reception. Programs from all over have realized that and are now opening up that avenue. Some have even installed charging stations. They realize people want to share the experience via social media. You don’t need expansive car give-a-ways, time on the jumbo screen is just as good. The kiss cams, crazy dancing during timeouts and hard hitting highlight reels are always well received.
08-30-2017 11:56 AM
queenladybug817 Offline
Special Teams

Weather channel has us back down to just a 20% chance of rain Saturday. High of 74. If the rain stays away, that's perfect fall football weather right there.
08-30-2017 12:49 PM
brock20 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Laundry
(08-30-2017 12:49 PM)queenladybug817 Wrote:  Weather channel has us back down to just a 20% chance of rain Saturday. High of 74. If the rain stays away, that's perfect fall football weather right there.

WCYB has it at 50%, scattered showers, right now. Hopefully that changes as well. Need the rain to stay west of us.
08-30-2017 01:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.