Bookmark and Share
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
BREAKING NEWS: Dr Sander retires...Scott Carter takes over
Just announced via press conference.
08-22-2017 04:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Purdue,ETSU,G5
RE: BREAKING NEWS: Dr Sander retires...Scott Carter takes over
Not surprised because Sander was getting up there and accomplished what he needed to.
08-22-2017 04:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BucsFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU & UVa
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2017 04:23 PM by BucsFan.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bucfan81 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU
(08-22-2017 04:14 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  Just announced via press conference.

Thank you Doc Sander for the wonderful job that was done. We are in a tremendously better place now than we were when Dr. Sander took over. Congratulations to our new AD Scott Carter and thank you Dr. Noland for everything!

brock20 Online
1st String

Thank you dr sander. Did an amazing job. I really believe Scott can be the guy to lead us to that next level.
08-22-2017 04:24 PM
Buc76 Offline
Bench Warmer

Thank You, Dr Sander for a job well done.

It's amazing to see all the changes and accomplishments that you and your staff are directly responsible for.

When many many others said it couldn't be done, you and your staff did it.

I hope you will stay close to ETSU.
08-22-2017 04:35 PM
GoBucsGo Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Agreed on all fronts. Doc did an amazing job with this program. Basketball's back to winning championships, I think football is going to get a lot better as time goes on, and all of the other sports, save a couple, are either competitive or successful. Won two all-sports trophies since he took over, if I'm not mistaken. Put basketball into what has become an incredible arena. Was over the athletic department to build the new football stadium. All in 6 (?) years or so? An amazing job.

Excited to see what Scott can do. I think both are great fundraisers (well I know that first hand). Athletics is in good hands. 11 days until football kicks off! Can't wait.
08-22-2017 05:45 PM

etsubuc Offline
1st String

Thanks to Sanders for all you did. Best AD I could have hoped for. Very nervous about Scott Carter, but we all knew this day was coming as soon as he was hired as Associate AD. I hope Carter is as transparent as Sander with the Inside the Dome videos, etc.
08-22-2017 06:03 PM
buc73 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: bucs
Dr. Sander, a man of vision, a man of integrity, a man of action, a man who helped raise ETSU athletics to the top tier of the Southern Conference.

Thanks for a job exceptionally done.
08-22-2017 06:07 PM
posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Offline
All American

Well, I knew this was coming, but didn't think they'd announce it today. I was out of town for the eclipse and missed the last part of the "leak".

Although I'm a bit wary of how Scott will do, he's earned his shot, I think. He and Doc obviously truly love each other, and so the way I see it is that Sander is completely in favor of this. That's about as good as it gets in terms of cred, so I'll be cautiously optimistic. And certainly Scott loves ETSU - can't question that in the least. Would love to have had Sander for 25 more years, but hey - we'll take our blessings when and where we can. No way in the world can Scott have Sander's rolodex - covering the whole country - but very few can at this level. Hopefully, unless Ezell doesn't produce, there shouldn't be much turnover for awhile (other than Forbes maybe as soon as this year, but maybe not).
I'll also say that I doubt Scott can 'juggle' the 14 things in his head at a time Sander seemed to be able to, but again, very few can. Also, although Sander was open and transparent, he was also scheming/planning several moves (and years) ahead; hopefully Scott and ETSU will reap the rewards from that long into the future.

But echoing what others have said, Dr. Sander - we can't thank you enough. Dr. Noland and you have righted this pirate ship even quicker than any dreamed, I think. And I'm gonna assume Doc will still have his hands in things as needed (advising Scott, etc.)

To be here, compared to where we were when Sander was hired, is nearly unbelievable. I know we've all been pinching ourselves for awhile now; let's hope we have to keep that up....

(Also, and I truly hate to bring this up, but remember who brought this man to us. Silver lining around every cloud.)
08-22-2017 06:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.