Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football Stadium Phase 2
Bookmark and Share
brock20 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Laundry
Football Stadium Phase 2
Now that phase 1 of the stadium is basically complete and we can see what is there, what are the plans for phase 2? Will this happen next year? What is included (end-zone seats, concession and bathrooms on the south side)?
08-22-2017 07:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Football Stadium Phase 2
I have my doubts whether the Endzone seats will actually be built. I do have a bad feeling that lines for restrooms and concessions will be very long this year. Maybe that will be built in the off-season.
08-22-2017 10:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brock20 Offline
1st String

RE: Football Stadium Phase 2
(08-22-2017 10:23 AM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  I do have a bad feeling that lines for restrooms and concessions will be very long this year. Maybe that will be built in the off-season.

Same. That is why I am thinking they will proceed with phase 2. Has anyone had a chance to ask about it at the tours? Since the field house is no longer in scope I think it has a better chance of happening.
08-22-2017 12:24 PM
Advertisement

posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
Here's what I'm guessing they're thinking - and it's only a guess:

It would seem to make *some* sense to wait a bit and see where the problems are with things as they now are. What if every game draws 8,000+? The enlargement of seating might move way up the priority list, and *that* may affect other choices. I think it is reasonable to see what unforeseen problems arise (and they will). There may be items completely out of our vision that crop up and will need to be addressed.

By the way, I personally don't like the way Scott has tried to make some silk purses out of a few sows' ears. For example, "There will be NO nosebleed seats!" [Translation: this is a small stadium because we're a small program, and all seats we sell you will be good.] If we needed to enlarge to 20,000 or so at some point in the future, do you think he would object because some might become "nosebleed seats"?
I'm really nit-picking here, so no big deal, but it was like he went out of his way to try to make lemonade out of every item that *potentially* could be viewed as a negative. Some could call that good salesmanship; maybe I just am too cynical based on past experiences.....
08-22-2017 01:17 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Well, it's his job to do that, so can't fault him there. I give this new admin some slack because they have delivered for the most part, unlike the last bozos.
08-22-2017 01:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Heisman

(08-22-2017 01:21 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  Well, it's his job to do that, so can't fault him there. I give this new admin some slack because they have delivered for the most part, unlike the last bozos.

True that, but Scott rubs me the wrong way at times. (More times than I've voiced.) I'm still all in on Noland and Sander.
08-22-2017 01:26 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
I asked someone in particular about the bathrooms and concessions. They're swearing they built enough for the current capacity. I'm thinking at homecoming they'll be renting port a poopers and setting up food tents to sell the basics (popcorn, hot dogs, and drinks).
As for phase two, they need to build the additional buildings, but I'm still sticking with the belief that one of them needs to be a store with restrooms on the inside of it instead of another concession stand. Have a place where fans can go in and shop for merchandise.
08-22-2017 01:33 PM
Advertisement

Buc76 Offline
Special Teams

As far as 'nose bleed' seats, I have not seen or heard of one university building end zone sesting before they decked. Probably someone did, I just don't know. End zone seating is always the least desirable seating. I could name a lot of universities that decked but you probably already know them.

I have seen several universities covering end zone seating because the vast number of seats are empty and projects a bad image.

Restrooms and concessions are scheduled for next year.

I really hope they hold off on end zone seats as a last resort and focus on a super nice field house with some seating on the second level.

I have heard many times that 'you can walk down to every seat'. Regardless if you walk down to your seat you have to walk up to restrooms or concessions.It's the same situation in reverse for decked seating. The difference is that decked seating provides a much better view of the game.

Rather have a beautiful grassy bank that can be used for overflow than 3000 mostly unused seats.
08-22-2017 01:42 PM
brock20 Offline
1st String

(08-22-2017 01:42 PM)Buc76 Wrote:  As far as 'nose bleed' seats, I have not seen or heard of one university building end zone sesting before they decked. Probably someone did, I just don't know. End zone seating is always the least desirable seating. I could name a lot of universities that decked but you probably already know them.

I have seen several universities covering end zone seating because the vast number of seats are empty and projects a bad image.

Restrooms and concessions are scheduled for next year.

I really hope they hold off on end zone seats as a last resort and focus on a super nice field house with some seating on the second level.

I have heard many times that 'you can walk down to every seat'. Regardless if you walk down to your seat you have to walk up to restrooms or concessions.It's the same situation in reverse for decked seating. The difference is that decked seating provides a much better view of the game.

Rather have a beautiful grassy bank that can be used for overflow than 3000 mostly unused seats.

I think everyone here would agree they would rather see an upper deck get built before they do the end-zone seats.

Without more seating in phase 2 we are at 7k seats; that is the 2nd smallest in the socon. If they have the money in place for phase 2, it has to include seats somewhere to get us over the 10k mark. My preference is to have a 5k upper deck on the east side (visitors side). Those 50 yard line upper deck seats would be really good seats.
08-22-2017 02:29 PM
Advertisement

Heisman

Oh, yes. End-zone seats should be way down the line. However, looking into the sun from the east side on afternoon games could be a tough gig - not to mention it'll be very hot there on some day games in Sept. (And yes, that's nit-picking, too; but I would have built it at a slightly different angle.)
08-22-2017 02:39 PM
etsubuc Offline
All American

(08-22-2017 01:33 PM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  I asked someone in particular about the bathrooms and concessions. They're swearing they built enough for the current capacity. I'm thinking at homecoming they'll be renting port a poopers and setting up food tents to sell the basics (popcorn, hot dogs, and drinks).
As for phase two, they need to build the additional buildings, but I'm still sticking with the belief that one of them needs to be a store with restrooms on the inside of it instead of another concession stand. Have a place where fans can go in and shop for merchandise.

I think it would be cool to have a building kind of like you are talking about that is the same shape/size as the current concession stands but have it be for merchandise sales in an actually shop, some restrooms including more family restrooms, and some kind of permanent feature that highlights the history of the program, with a hall of fame type display, old pictures of the previous stadiums, etc.

And yes, please build a 2nd deck on the visitors side. It would be the best and most in-demand seats in the house. But only do this if the demand is there for more seating.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2017 03:59 PM by etsubuc.)
08-22-2017 03:57 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
The original plans showed end zone seats with a 10,000+ capacity, right? A full place sure looks good as compared to some of these overbuilt empty seats places. Same goes for many half empty basketball arenas. The ETSU stadium sure looks inviting, fan friendly, atmosphere inviting -- a really neat looking place to spend a Saturday afternoon or evening.
08-22-2017 04:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.