RIP WAC BOARD

2017-2017
08-20-2017 03:22 AM
Find all posts by this user

NMSUPistolPete Online
Special Teams

I Root For: NMSU
RE: RIP WAC Sports Forum
I would understand the concept of this board (topic structure) if we had high traffic with numerous posters. But for a forum that doesn't support FBS football and only real interest is WAC basketball, there is not enough posters and topics to support 11 separate boards let alone one. I will abide by the rules of this board but it is obvious when I have to go search through the team boards and the smack board to carry conversations with other WAC posters, the current setup is stifling interaction. Just my opinion.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 10:19 AM by NMSUPistolPete.)
08-20-2017 10:17 AM
joshadam84 Offline

I Root For: Chicago State
What would you suggest, Pistol? We're open to suggestions.. whether it be just allowing all topics under this board or still having a little bit of topic oriented posts. Obviously, we want to continue interaction.

Feel free to let us know on here or PM.

Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 10:50 AM by joshadam84.)
08-20-2017 10:31 AM
Trod0 Offline
Water Engineer

(08-20-2017 10:17 AM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  I would understand the concept of this board (topic structure) if we had high traffic with numerous posters. But for a forum that doesn't support FBS football and only real interest is WAC basketball, there is not enough posters and topics to support 11 separate boards let alone one. I will abide by the rules of this board but it is obvious when I have to go search through the team boards and the smack board to carry conversations with other WAC posters, the current setup is stifling interaction. Just my opinion.

+1
08-20-2017 10:50 AM

ThunderDan49_2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Grand Canyon
(08-20-2017 10:31 AM)joshadam84 Wrote:  What would you suggest, Pistol? We're open to suggestions.. whether it be just allowing all topics under this board or still having a little bit of topic oriented posts. Obviously, we want to continue interaction.

Thanks!
My suggestion would be anything school related, except for player who have been offered scholarships (those can go on school specific boards), can be posted on the main forum and be moved at admin discretion. We have one dedicated player commitment thread that is part of the stickies for each class and one for transfers. I would also recommend at least a week long suspension for serial rule abusers.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 12:16 PM by ThunderDan49_2.)
08-20-2017 12:16 PM
Clarity Online
Special Teams

I Root For: CSUB
I think we all know what will happen if you change the rules again.
08-20-2017 12:19 PM
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Seattle U
Its also the most dead time of the offseason. Theres nothing going on and the prediction threads have already been hashed out. Theres only so much to talk about right now. Lets wait for the season to start and this board will once again be active. Calling it dead in the middle of the offseason is beyond dumb.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 02:00 PM by SeattleVandals.)
08-20-2017 01:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

NMSUPistolPete Online
Special Teams

(08-20-2017 10:31 AM)joshadam84 Wrote:  What would you suggest, Pistol? We're open to suggestions.. whether it be just allowing all topics under this board or still having a little bit of topic oriented posts. Obviously, we want to continue interaction.

Thanks!

I think the main board should be an open forum for all "WAC related" topics regardless of school specifics or origin; meaning it doesn't need to be all encompassing for all schools but it has to be in context to WAC sponsored sports and within the time frame of their school's inclusion into the WAC. Unless, we want to keep a running tally of WAC recruits, there doesn't need to be "only one" thread on recruiting; as each player signing brings different opportunities for discussion which might lead to other related topics. As I have said, topics shouldn't be monitored, behavior should. Any thread that has gone awry should be moved to a smack board or the participants be cut off. This is a WAC community. Let's try to interact from our respective school's perspective (a fan's points of view) without putting additional obstacles in our path.
08-20-2017 02:02 PM
Clarity Online
Special Teams

I Root For: CSUB
Also how this this a post that's even allowed? Shouldn't this be ban worthy? Pretty clearly against the rules.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 02:32 PM by Clarity.)
08-20-2017 02:24 PM
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Seattle U
(08-20-2017 02:02 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  

Thanks!

I think the main board should be an open forum for all "WAC related" topics regardless of school specifics or origin; meaning it doesn't need to be all encompassing for all schools but it has to be in context to WAC sponsored sports and within the time frame of their school's inclusion into the WAC. Unless, we want to keep a running tally of WAC recruits, there doesn't need to be "only one" thread on recruiting; as each player signing brings different opportunities for discussion which might lead to other related topics. As I have said, topics shouldn't be monitored, behavior should. Any thread that has gone awry should be moved to a smack board or the participants be cut off. This is a WAC community. Let's try to interact from our respective school's perspective (a fan's points of view) without putting additional obstacles in our path.

I agree with Pistol on this. It was just the non-stop (NMSU) history threads that ruined everything. Those should be put in the new topic started for those or team boards. The team boards were doing fine with the occasional posts. At least with SU, I kept everything not directly related to the current mens bball team there. Mostly everyone here knows where the best place to post most things is and there was never issues. Till Frank spammed the board with old NMSU threads and recruits and some other fans had explosive reactions, fueling Franks trolling.

BTW: a nod to Dancing, who predicted Frank would be back after Franks "farewell" post. Only was a couple weeks
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 02:40 PM by SeattleVandals.)
08-20-2017 02:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.