Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fire D'Antonio - Fire Bourne
Bookmark and Share
bcp_jmu Online
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
Yes...yet another thread.. I can't take it..these quotes are full of double-talk BS
https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/jmu...ustrating-

Joey D
“One of the primary factors is the economic concern and need of our member institutions based on other contractual agreements they may have.

“Another factor is that we’re trying to get every one of our institutions a home production — one broadcast of a home game from each school. And we’re also trying to provide our fans with quality matchups that comprise the Game of the Week schedule.

Economic concerns? I dont buy this...especially since CBS is paying CAA exactly $0, so I can't trust his take on this..

Quality match ups?You must be kidding....who is going to believe that? Dont try and sell that garbage Joey

More Joey D
“It was a learning experience and I just regret it’s one that put us in a position where we’re only on the CBS Digital Network one time.”

Ohhh thank god you could learn on our dime - well done... not so smart to admit that on the record man...makes me worry about his negotiation skills

An now for some Bourne instant classics
Boure said the lack of exposure at the FCS level wouldn’t change how JMU views a possible jump to FBS.

“I don’t know if it is a driving force to look at any other options more than we would already,” Bourne said. “When we make a decision like that, it’s a global decision.

Global? sweet... let's see what Turkmenistan thinks about our move to FBS.. .but hey, he said "when"...let's parse that a thousand ways - sounds like it's imminent

Saving the BEST of Bourne for last
“I know one thing, my goal is to take care of our program and to make sure that we are being taken care of equivalent to institutions we consider peers and I’m very hopeful that in the future we’re not going to have an instance like this again.”

So the care JMU receives... MUST BE EQUAL to the other schools?

1) WHY? we are the heavyweight in the conference, NC, and all around best - stop saying we should all be treated equal. It's total bull$hit... we have earned top billing -dont give it away

2) "we consider peers"...who does jeff think are our peers now? And in one sentence he wants equivalency, but it's qualified to just our peers ... hmmm...OK...Delaware and.... StonyBrook? 2 and 3 games respectively....Maine? 3 games (and not a peer)... so who are our peers that we are ensuring get the exact treatment we get? Rhode Island and William and Mary - we have found our peers!! :)

3) Dont let people take care of you - set the agenda and go fight for it man...

4) Hope is a dangerous thing (can't resist a good Shawshank line) - screw hoping..get active and kick the CAA in the ass on this one Jeff.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2017 12:23 PM by bcp_jmu.)
08-19-2017 12:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

olddawg Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
RE: Fire D'Antonio - Fire Bourne
Would have thought the PRIMARY requirement for a new Commissioner was increasing exposure for the conference. Did the CAA pay this guy to learn on the job?
08-19-2017 12:31 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
This is the line that still kills me:

Bourne : "CAA worked hard when they were forced into a last minute decision to try to find coverage"

1) JB is actually defending this travesty and the "deal" we got.
2) This statement indicates they waited too long and got caught with their pants down. It's so incompetent they should all be shown the door. It's plenty of cause for termination.
08-19-2017 12:33 PM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
I wouldn't be shocked for Bourne retires soon. He isn't ever getting a better gig, has made good $$$, and frankly is probably sick and tired of dealing with a ****** conference position.
08-19-2017 12:34 PM
#YEEHAWDUKES Offline
1st String

I Root For: Dukes
Bourne sucks. Joey D is a failure.
08-19-2017 12:57 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

Alger chaired the selection committee that hired Joey D:
http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/ca...mmissioner
08-19-2017 01:01 PM
Advertisement

JMUETC Offline
1st String

(08-19-2017 01:01 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  Alger chaired the selection committee that hired Joey D:
http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/ca...mmissioner

Of course he did...

This quote by JB is insane

" I know one thing, my goal is to take care of our program and to make sure that we are being taken care of equivalent to institutions we consider peers and I’m very hopeful that in the future we’re not going to have an instance like this again.”

Put another way. My goal is to make sure JMU gets taken care of. JMU did not get taken care of. I failed at my goal. I am hoping I don't fail at it in the future.
08-19-2017 01:07 PM
atljmualum Offline
All American

Bourne is completely incompetent and should be ashamed of the situation this program is in here after winning the national championship and being ranked the #1 team in the country going into the season. What an asshat.
08-19-2017 01:55 PM
bcp_jmu Online
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
Oh man.. i was trying to leave Alger out of it...

But from that article - JA says Joey had a "strong sense of vision..." limp noodles look strong to him too I guess... didnt realize Joe was a COMPLIANCE officer.... peas in a pod

Here is a beauty from Joe - "I'm very excited and looking forward to the opportunity to grow that [football] brand going forward."

...from a conference w no football, maybe i see why none of this maling sense and wr are "hoping for better" and learning on the job
08-19-2017 02:35 PM
sctvman Offline
1st String

I Root For: C of Charleston
(08-19-2017 01:55 PM)atljmualum Wrote:  Bourne is completely incompetent and should be ashamed of the situation this program is in here after winning the national championship and being ranked the #1 team in the country going into the season. What an asshat.

All because of one TV contract?
08-19-2017 02:40 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-19-2017 02:40 PM)sctvman Wrote:  
(08-19-2017 01:55 PM)atljmualum Wrote:  Bourne is completely incompetent and should be ashamed of the situation this program is in here after winning the national championship and being ranked the #1 team in the country going into the season. What an asshat.

The man has been routinely dropping the ball on MANY occasions since the 2004 championship. If there was a award for D1 athletic program doing the least with the most, we'd win it annually.
08-19-2017 03:20 PM
Advertisement

CaryNCDuke Offline
Special Teams

I'm feeling a flyover is in order for this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-19-2017 03:41 PM
jmufan2008 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes
(08-19-2017 03:20 PM)Potomac Wrote:  

The man has been routinely dropping the ball on MANY occasions since the 2004 championship. If there was a award for D1 athletic program doing the least with the most, we'd win it annually.

He says, as we're predicted to win a second straight national championship...
08-19-2017 03:41 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-19-2017 03:41 PM)jmufan2008 Wrote:  
(08-19-2017 03:20 PM)Potomac Wrote:  

He says, as we're predicted to win a second straight national championship...

We win despite having a tired AD, not because of him. JMU is who JMU is because of the students. We simply sell ourselves.
08-19-2017 03:44 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-19-2017 03:41 PM)CaryNCDuke Wrote:  I'm feeling a flyover is in order for this game.

Which game? Its prohibited by TFR at ECU due to stadium size. JMU is just under the seating capacity (30k) where FAA regs prohibit flyovers. Home opener at JMU would be legal.
08-19-2017 03:48 PM
CaryNCDuke Offline
Special Teams

The one game on the platform vs villanova

08-19-2017 03:51 PM
Advertisement

DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

Not saying he's not a clown, but Joey D is actually correct on the revenue comment. When JMU puts a game on Madizone, they can at least sell some advertising. I doubt that accounts for much at all but we get nothing for a game on the CBS stream. But, why the hell would you want to show some of these high school stadiums to anyone if you're trying to promote your conference? Let's not show our defending National Champion so we can make sure Stony Brooke gets 3 games. Nice logic.
08-19-2017 04:18 PM
jmu007 Offline
All American

Word is they gave each school choice of home game. Essentially it boils down to nobody wanting their home game to be a butt kicking at the hands of JMU. Terrible way to do it. There you have it.
08-19-2017 04:25 PM
JMUETC Offline
1st String

(08-19-2017 04:25 PM)jmu007 Wrote:  Word is they gave each school choice of home game. Essentially it boils down to nobody wanting their home game to be a butt kicking at the hands of JMU. Terrible way to do it. There you have it.

Okay. At least that makes sense. JMU was blackballed in their own conference because they're too good. This is a conference we should continue to stay in.....
08-19-2017 04:44 PM
DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

That does make some sense but let's just be honest. The only people tuning into these games are fans of the two schools. No Joe Schmoe college football fan is watching a CAA game over a big game in any of the P5 conferences. That's just reality. So, even if you get your ass kicked, nobody is going to see it except your own fans.
08-19-2017 04:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.