Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I don't know about anybody else
Old Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
I don't know about anybody else
But I'm ready for President Pence. Our current president is a caricature, appealing now to only his most hardcore supporters. Adolph Hitler gets better press and I don't see that changing. Drain the swamp indeed. From what I've been told his new chief of staff asked to have the ability to vet the president's tweets, and he was told no. Then President Trump was given an opportunity to show leadership via the Spain crisis, but what did he do? He tweeted about the bogus legend of Black Jack Pershing, again merely to keep support from his most hardcore base. If a president is put into this position.....he cannot lead. It is more than apparent he has lost the trust of the american people. Time for him to go.
08-18-2017 07:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: I don't know about anybody else
(08-18-2017 07:34 AM)Old Blue Wrote:  But I'm ready for President Pence. Our current president is a caricature, appealing now to only his most hardcore supporters. Adolph Hitler gets better press and I don't see that changing. Drain the swamp indeed. From what I've been told his new chief of staff asked to have the ability to vet the president's tweets, and he was told no. Then President Trump was given an opportunity to show leadership via the Spain crisis, but what did he do? He tweeted about the bogus legend of Black Jack Pershing, again merely to keep support from his most hardcore base. If a president is put into this position.....he cannot lead. It is more than apparent he has lost the trust of the american people. Time for him to go.

completely disagree

why???

for all the reasons why folks are continually understanding washtub brainwashing....however, .I do like him taking over in '20 or '24 after all the msm meltdown turns the corner

some of yaz simply expect magic every day....it doesn't matter who it is at this point if you go status quo....

I'm already seeing fewer vehicles at the sect 8s

I highly recommend turning off the boob-tube and driving around more....the economy is moving forward again....
08-18-2017 08:28 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
I'm just happy football is starting up again
08-18-2017 08:37 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(08-18-2017 07:34 AM)Old Blue Wrote:  But I'm ready for President Pence. Our current president is a caricature, appealing now to only his most hardcore supporters. Adolph Hitler gets better press and I don't see that changing. Drain the swamp indeed. From what I've been told his new chief of staff asked to have the ability to vet the president's tweets, and he was told no. Then President Trump was given an opportunity to show leadership via the Spain crisis, but what did he do? He tweeted about the bogus legend of Black Jack Pershing, again merely to keep support from his most hardcore base. If a president is put into this position.....he cannot lead. It is more than apparent he has lost the trust of the american people. Time for him to go.

Then call your Congressman and Senators. The only way to remove him is impeachment and not a fuzzy concern that he is a "caricature" and "can't lead" because of some tweets.
08-18-2017 08:59 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
Trump has been a failure on so many levels.

He's either a raging bigot or panders to them. How hard is it to not defend the Nazis? For him, pretty hard. But then he has to signal his support for them by taking their argument up regarding veneration of the Confederacy and then floating a pardon for a Sheriff who has not even admitted guilt for the crime of racially profiling people.

He promised to defeat ISIS within 30 days with a secret plan. He makes military decisions without bothering to consult anyone in the military. He's attempting to outsource our military to a political ally who is the brother of one of his cabinet secretaries. He claims that he's upgraded our arsenal, when nothing has happened, he gets involved in sideshow spats with idiots simply in an attempt to deflect attention from the multiple scandals swirling around his administration

And then, there are the scandals. Pay for play. Emoluments discussions. Attempts to bully those investigating them. Attempts to argue that the President can't be investigated at all.

Then there are his appointees. Family members, people from his company, ideologues with little experience within the areas of appointment.

Then there's the whole Russia thing. He's not playing 4d chess.

Then the juvenile twitter behavior.
08-18-2017 09:20 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(08-18-2017 09:20 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Trump has been a failure on so many levels.

He's either a raging bigot or panders to them. How hard is it to not defend the Nazis? For him, pretty hard. But then he has to signal his support for them by taking their argument up regarding veneration of the Confederacy and then floating a pardon for a Sheriff who has not even admitted guilt for the crime of racially profiling people.

He promised to defeat ISIS within 30 days with a secret plan. He makes military decisions without bothering to consult anyone in the military. He's attempting to outsource our military to a political ally who is the brother of one of his cabinet secretaries. He claims that he's upgraded our arsenal, when nothing has happened, he gets involved in sideshow spats with idiots simply in an attempt to deflect attention from the multiple scandals swirling around his administration

And then, there are the scandals. Pay for play. Emoluments discussions. Attempts to bully those investigating them. Attempts to argue that the President can't be investigated at all.

Then there are his appointees. Family members, people from his company, ideologues with little experience within the areas of appointment.

The left has screamed racist for so long no one hears it any more. Same with rape, homophobia, and probably quite a few other forgotten things. And it's a shame because there are still some REAL, and truly damaging and harmful, instances of racism, rape, homophobia, etc. that have been rendered completely meaningless by the same people who thought it was a totes great idea to see it everywhere.

The arrogance of most of the liberal comments about the President reflects exactly the type of smug self-appointed superiority that has led to widespread resentment of the left among reasonable people.
08-18-2017 09:26 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online

(08-18-2017 09:20 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Trump has been a failure on so many levels.

is your opinion....and that's all it is

trust me, the pragmatic only laugh....
08-18-2017 09:26 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU

Do you have a link to where he defended Nazis? I must have missed that.
08-18-2017 09:35 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-18-2017 09:26 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  

The left has screamed racist for so long no one hears it any more. Same with rape, homophobia, and probably quite a few other forgotten things. And it's a shame because there are still some REAL, and truly damaging and harmful, instances of racism, rape, homophobia, etc. that have been rendered completely meaningless by the same people who thought it was a totes great idea to see it everywhere.

The arrogance of most of the liberal comments about the President reflects exactly the type of smug self-appointed superiority that has led to widespread resentment of the left among reasonable people.

Reasonable people? Please. That's not the word I'd use.

I suppose we should just apply to Conservatives to have them tell us what racial/bias grievances are acceptable to protest?
08-18-2017 09:43 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!

Shows you how far we've sunk when even someone like me is begging for a President Pence. Hell I'd even take a Reagan, Romney or another Bush at this point!
08-18-2017 09:45 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(08-18-2017 08:59 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  

Then call your Congressman and Senators. The only way to remove him is impeachment and not a fuzzy concern that he is a "caricature" and "can't lead" because of some tweets.

I'm not totally up on it, but can you remove a president from office using the 25th amendment without impeachment?
08-18-2017 09:46 AM
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-18-2017 09:35 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  

How about when he validated their goals, like the preservation of Confederate statues. His equation of BLM with the Nazis. His refusal to condemn them for days.

To me that is a defense of them. He called some of them 'good people'. The facts are that they were marching shouting "Blood and Soil" and "Jews will not replace us".
08-18-2017 09:46 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(08-18-2017 09:26 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  

Just one clarification, the right has screamed that the left has screamed racist for so long that no one hears it anymore.

However, trump is so bad that he's managing to actually right that ship. 03-wink
08-18-2017 09:48 AM
appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.
There are certainly things I wish Trump did better, or differently, but on the whole, I am happy with what he has managed to get done in the face of a full-on coup attempt from the left and their media propagandists.
08-18-2017 09:48 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

Dude...c'mon. He said there were good people marching in a Nazi parade carrying torches shouting against Jews and calling for blood and taking land.

There are no good people marching in a Nazi parade. Period.
08-18-2017 09:49 AM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
I'm not ready for this clown show to end yet. I've still got some good popcorn left.
08-18-2017 09:50 AM
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-18-2017 09:48 AM)appst89 Wrote:  There are certainly things I wish Trump did better, or differently, but on the whole, I am happy with what he has managed to get done in the face of a full-on coup attempt from the left and their media propagandists.

Bad press is not a coup attempt.

A full on coup attempt? Please.
08-18-2017 09:50 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(08-18-2017 09:48 AM)appst89 Wrote:  There are certainly things I wish Trump did better, or differently, but on the whole, I am happy with what he has managed to get done in the face of a full-on coup attempt from the left and their media propagandists.

Wall?
Infrastructure?
Muslim ban?
Crime gone?
ISIS defeated?
Tax reform?
Obamacare repealed?

He's really done NOTHING substantial. And yes it's still early, but he can't even get them off the damned ground!

Congratulations, he managed to not screw up Mitch McConnell's dick move to steal a SCOTUS seat.

And FWIW - I'd refrain from using the word coup. That's a really strong word with awful implications.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017 09:53 AM by Redwingtom.)
08-18-2017 09:52 AM
appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(08-18-2017 09:50 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

Bad press is not a coup attempt.

A full on coup attempt? Please.

Not bad press, completely fabricated press.

And yes, it is absolutely a coup attempt.
08-18-2017 09:53 AM
stinkfist Online

(08-18-2017 09:49 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Dude...c'mon. He said there were good people marching in a Nazi parade carrying torches shouting against Jews and calling for blood and taking land.

There are no good people marching in a Nazi parade. Period.

The more you 'guys' defend/deflect, the better I like it within the arena....
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017 09:57 AM by stinkfist.)
08-18-2017 09:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.