Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Racist Democrat Woodrow Wilson Pretty Good Candidate to Have Statue Pulled Down
ODU BLUE Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
Racist Democrat Woodrow Wilson Pretty Good Candidate to Have Statue Pulled Down
In pointing out the deep-rooted ties between the American left, Nazism, and racism, D’Souza said, “Woodrow Wilson is almost single-handedly responsible for the revival of the Ku Klux Klan,” pointing out that Republicans had all but shut the Klan down prior to Wilson’s political ascendance.

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2017/08/1...ulled-down

Foxy white liberal have good reasons for trying to erase their past. 07-coffee3
08-17-2017 06:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Racist Democrat Woodrow Wilson Pretty Good Candidate to Have Statue Pulled Down
bwahahahahahaha.....

and the south once bleeded blue too.....some still do on both fronts....go figure

the puppies have always been easily trained.....

it's always been by design....some of us eventually end up paying attention and grow the **** up....

you get it....
08-17-2017 06:20 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
RE: Racist Democrat Woodrow Wilson Pretty Good Candidate to Have Statue Pulled Down
(08-17-2017 06:10 AM)ODU BLUE Wrote:  In pointing out the deep-rooted ties between the American left, Nazism, and racism, D’Souza said, “Woodrow Wilson is almost single-handedly responsible for the revival of the Ku Klux Klan,” pointing out that Republicans had all but shut the Klan down prior to Wilson’s political ascendance.

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2017/08/1...ulled-down

Foxy white liberal have good reasons for trying to erase their past. 07-coffee3

sure, yank down those statues if you'd like.

Do you really think anyone in the Democratic Party is going to worry about defending Woodrow Wilson and "Birth of a Nation"?

Or that the fact that the Democratic Party of 100 years ago was racist has any real relevance to today's political dynamic? It doesn't excuse racist behavior by anyone today.
08-17-2017 08:38 AM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
The difference is that Wilson won. The Confederates did not. Winning is important.
08-17-2017 08:40 AM
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(08-17-2017 08:40 AM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  The difference is that Wilson won. The Confederates did not. Winning is important.

Actually the other important point is that Nazis/Klansmen/Alt Righters are running around brandishing Wilson as some sort of validation of their views.

I think mainly because Wilson was a Democrat.
08-17-2017 08:46 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(08-17-2017 08:46 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(08-17-2017 08:40 AM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  The difference is that Wilson won. The Confederates did not. Winning is important.

Actually the other important point is that Nazis/Klansmen/Alt Righters are running around brandishing Wilson as some sort of validation of their views.

No. It is our history - even with some warts on it.

The point is that our history has some famous people that did things important enough that they have statues of them, flawed though they may have been.

Trying to force these historical people of import into to today's norms of what is acceptable is a silly endeavor at best.
08-17-2017 09:08 AM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

(08-17-2017 09:08 AM)Crebman Wrote:  

The point is that our history has some famous people that did things important enough that they have statues of them, flawed though they may have been.

Trying to force these historical people of import into to today's norms of what is acceptable is a silly endeavor at best.

The statues were placed to intimidate a group of people. Those people now make up the majority of the locations where these statues are placed and they don't want them in their neighborhood. I'm sure that you can buy them and re-elected them in your neighborhood, if you want.
08-17-2017 09:13 AM
Advertisement

Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(08-17-2017 09:13 AM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  
(08-17-2017 09:08 AM)Crebman Wrote:  

The statues were placed to intimidate a group of people. Those people now make up the majority of the locations where these statues are placed and they don't want them in their neighborhood. I'm sure that you can buy them and re-elected them in your neighborhood, if you want.

Show me a published article from the time a statue was erected where the stated reason it was erected was to intimidate a group of people.

If you can't/don't - you're full of crap.
08-17-2017 09:21 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
How about FDR?

The internment of Japanese Americans in the United States during World War II was the forced relocation and incarceration in camps in the western interior of the country of between 110,000 and 120,000[5] people of Japanese ancestry, most of whom lived on the Pacific coast. 62 percent of the internees were United States citizens.[6][7] These actions were ordered by President Franklin D. Roosevelt shortly after Imperial Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor.[8]
Japanese Americans were incarcerated based on local population concentrations and regional politics. More than 110,000 Japanese Americans in the mainland U.S., who mostly lived on the West Coast, were forced into interior camps. However, in Hawaii, where 150,000-plus Japanese Americans composed over one-third of the population, only 1,200 to 1,800 were also interned.[9] The internment is considered to have resulted more from racism than from any security risk posed by Japanese Americans.[10][11] Those who were as little as 1/16 Japanese[12] and orphaned infants with "one drop of Japanese blood" were placed in internment camps.[13]

Roosevelt authorized the deportation and incarceration with Executive Order 9066, issued on February 19, 1942,
08-17-2017 09:27 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Pulling any statue down is stupid.

Nobody is perfect. People are products of their time.
08-17-2017 09:31 AM
Advertisement

UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA

woah! Woodrow Wilson fought for the Union???? 07-coffee3
08-17-2017 09:38 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(08-17-2017 09:31 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  Pulling any statue down is stupid.

Nobody is perfect. People are products of their time.

My point exactly. We can find all sorts of statues erected of imperfect people.

It is our history.

It's almost as though we are mimicking the crazy stuff ISIS does with historical stuff in the Middle East.
08-17-2017 09:39 AM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

(08-17-2017 09:38 AM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  

woah! Woodrow Wilson fought for the Union???? 07-coffee3

You can't be that stupid. This must be a joke. Wilson won 2 presidential elections, like Obama.
08-17-2017 09:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.