RE: SBC Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes
Interesting idea, wish there was more dirt, lol
08-10-2017 02:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
This is my guess as to who said what for Astate....

“They’re just good all the way around. There’s a reason they’ve won the conference title the last two years.” (The fact they only pointed out 2015 and 16 conference title wins for us makes me think this has gotta one of the fairly Newb coaches so i'd guess either Everett Withers or Tyson Summers)

“They recruit a lot of junior college players, and I think that’s why it takes a little time for them to gel. But they do a great job, they came on after their non-conference schedule and I think they’re going to be good again this year.”(I don't know how many times i've heard Hudspeth say "they do a great/good job" in his press conferences)

“Blake Anderson took over the play-calling in the offseason, so that’s a little bit unusual for a team that won the conference. They only lost one game in the league so I don’t know why they would make a big change.”(Two things stand out to me: 1) they refer to BA by name and 2) specifically mention Anderson took over playcalling role during the offseason--(This tells me this has gotta be somebody that's part of program that eyes Astate often and I'm pretty sure I've heard Matt Viator say before both he and BA go back a ways)

“Their skill is good. They can run, they’re built to control the ball, but they make some big plays and defensively they are fast, they keep the ball in front of them.”(This is the only one where I didn't immediately have a name to guess. Push come to shove I'd guess Neal Brown)
08-10-2017 02:13 PM
Advertisement

T-Dog Offline
SunBeltbbs App State INsider

I Root For: App State
If Jerry Moore was still coach, you would know which quotes were his as he would have said "they're a good team that plays hard and I really like the way they tackle."
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2017 03:55 PM by T-Dog.)
08-10-2017 03:55 PM
EigenEagle Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
(08-10-2017 03:55 PM)T-Dog Wrote:  If Jerry Moore was still coach, you would know which quotes were his as he would have said "they're a good team that plays hard and I really like the way they tackle."

I still strongly suspect he was the anonymous SoCon coach that was quoted as saying that we had "gotten soft" back in 2009 (he was right of course).

On the other hand, I wonder who the heck said we were solid on defense? Must have been Neil Brown.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2017 04:11 PM by EigenEagle.)
08-10-2017 04:08 PM
Advertisement

Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
"Appy St just sucks....again. They have the weakest schedule of the entire conference, and they'll be puffing their chests out like they won the national championship."

Ouch!
I wonder who said that one?
08-10-2017 05:08 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(08-10-2017 02:13 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  This is my guess as to who said what for Astate....

“They’re just good all the way around. There’s a reason they’ve won the conference title the last two years.” (The fact they only pointed out 2015 and 16 conference title wins for us makes me think this has gotta one of the fairly Newb coaches so i'd guess either Everett Withers or Tyson Summers)

“They recruit a lot of junior college players, and I think that’s why it takes a little time for them to gel. But they do a great job, they came on after their non-conference schedule and I think they’re going to be good again this year.”(I don't know how many times i've heard Hudspeth say "they do a great/good job" in his press conferences)

“Blake Anderson took over the play-calling in the offseason, so that’s a little bit unusual for a team that won the conference. They only lost one game in the league so I don’t know why they would make a big change.”(Two things stand out to me: 1) they refer to BA by name and 2) specifically mention Anderson took over playcalling role during the offseason--(This tells me this has gotta be somebody that's part of program that eyes Astate often and I'm pretty sure I've heard Matt Viator say before both he and BA go back a ways)

“Their skill is good. They can run, they’re built to control the ball, but they make some big plays and defensively they are fast, they keep the ball in front of them.”(This is the only one where I didn't immediately have a name to guess. Push come to shove I'd guess Neal Brown)

I would also have attributed that one to Neal Brown. That's the type of descriptive language he uses regularly.
08-10-2017 05:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thelateshow Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: A-State
(08-10-2017 05:08 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  "Appy St just sucks....again. They have the weakest schedule of the entire conference, and they'll be puffing their chests out like they won the national championship."

Ouch!

Steve Roberts.
08-10-2017 05:26 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(08-10-2017 05:26 PM)thelateshow Wrote:  
(08-10-2017 05:08 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  "Appy St just sucks....again. They have the weakest schedule of the entire conference, and they'll be puffing their chests out like they won the national championship."

Ouch!

Steve Roberts.

No Steve would have said, "They have great players, they are in a top recruiting area, have great tradition, with great fans and playing them is always a tremendous challenge"
08-11-2017 12:14 AM
boroeagle2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
I was wanting to see more stuff like this:

Georgia Southern
"this guy is more worried about preaching the gospel than winning football games"
"preparing to defend their offense last year took me back to my first coaching job...at a middle school"
"it was criminal the amount of talent that they wasted down there in 2016"
08-11-2017 06:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.