UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jox lunch guys just said UAB AD Mark Ingram stated big announcement coming
imjustafatkid Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bama/UAB/UNA
Exclamation Jox lunch guys just said UAB AD Mark Ingram stated big announcement coming
Something concerning an opponent for 2021. He apparently announced this at some city council meeting today. The radio guya seemed to think it would be Auburn at JHS or a big team coming to Bham.

Edit 8/11/17: Apparently this had nothing to do with scheduling at all and the short report I heard was incorrect about a scheduling announcement.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2017 09:11 AM by imjustafatkid.)
08-10-2017 01:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I Root For: UAB
RE: Jox lunch guys just said UAB AD Mark Ingram stated big announcement coming
Rule #1 - Never listen to Jox

Partnership with the Bruno Event team for gameday. Guessing that is what Hallman does & that is what is done at Alabama.
08-10-2017 01:20 PM
blazerjay Offline

Donators
Quote:All fans attending games this season need to go follow @BlazerGameday on @Twitter and @instagram. Very helpful gameday information.
0 replies 4 retweets 13 likes
UAB Football‏Verified account @UAB_FB 2h2 hours ago

Quote:Legion Field looks as good as its looked in years. Every detail you can imagine. It will be clear its UAB's home stadium.- Gene Hallman
0 replies 12 retweets 34 likes
UAB Football‏Verified account @UAB_FB 3h3 hours ago

Quote:UAB and the City of Birmingham are synonymous with each other.- @bellforbham
0 replies 2 retweets 14 likes

Quote:Our goal is for it to be an exceptional experience from the second you leave your driveway to the second you return.- Gene Hallman
0 replies 1 retweet 12 likes

Quote:We will be using Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to be communicating with our fans on social media. Follow @BlazerGameday.- Gene Hallman
0 replies 8 retweets 21 likes

Quote:When we began our partnership, we first surveyed the fans to see they liked and what they wanted improved.- Gene Hallman
0 replies 3 retweets 11 likes

Quote:.@CoachBillClark, they don't come any better. We're affiliated with quality people.- Gene Hallman
0 replies 2 retweets 10 likes

Quote:It's our job to make your experience at a UAB Football Game the best it can be so you'll come back.- Gene Hallman, CEO Bruno Event Team
0 replies 3 retweets 10 likes

Quote:This is not about one game or one moment. It's about creating a long lasting partnership with Bruno Event Team.- @UAB_AD
0 replies 3 retweets 12 likes

Quote:We're just blessed. 44+ million dollars have been raised for our program. What a great team effort.- @CoachBillClark
2 replies 13 retweets 61 likes

Quote:We encourage everyone at home and in this city to continue to support this team.- @UAB_AD
0 replies 4 retweets 10 likes

Quote:We're working together to create something better than its individual parts.- President Dr. Watts
0 replies 3 retweets 4 likes

Quote:You can feel the excitement from all of us. I think it'll be a great season.- President Dr. Watts
1 reply 2 retweets 9 likes

Quote:We have @SamHuntMusic coming too and I love his songs! -@bellforbham
1 reply 3 retweets 7 likes
Quote:I want to thank all of the great alumni and students for the support in bringing back football.- Mayor Bell
0 replies 5 retweets 15 likes

Quote:This is another exciting day to getting one step closer of the ball getting kicked off at Legion Field. -@bellforbham
0 replies 3 retweets 12 likes

Quote:We're happy to announce or partnership with Bruno Event Team for the upcoming football season. #theReturn
08-10-2017 04:07 PM
Leather Blazer Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The Blazers
Sounds like we are "settling in" at Legion Field for the foreseeable future.
08-10-2017 04:55 PM
JeffUAB Offline
Special Teams

(08-10-2017 04:55 PM)Leather Blazer Wrote:  Sounds like we are "settling in" at Legion Field for the foreseeable future.

I don't see it that way. We're just trying to make the very best of what we have. This is a rare time when we have a second chance to make a first impression, and it sounds like we're trying to do everything we can to make a good one.
08-10-2017 05:01 PM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-10-2017 04:55 PM)Leather Blazer Wrote:  Sounds like we are "settling in" at Legion Field for the foreseeable future.

Well, there's not going to be a new stadium in 3 weeks so I would hope that they do what they can with Legion Field for now
08-10-2017 05:07 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
We will have a new stadium. Be patient.
08-10-2017 05:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

[Image: mj-618_348_karate-kid-best-sports-movies.jpg]
08-10-2017 05:34 PM
bladhmadh Offline
All American

how can you have a big announcement about something that was public knowledge for weeks
08-10-2017 06:37 PM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

http://alabamanewscenter.com/2017/08/10/...xperience/

Hallman said the Bruno Event Team hopes to sell out the parking spaces at Legion Field. For additional parking, UAB will have remote lots on campus with free luxury bus shuttles to take fans to the stadium.

Other game-day enhancements include:

New and improved concessions with third-party concessionaires;
A bigger Blazer Village with a kids zone inside;
Information booths staffed by the Bruno Event Team;
Student greeters in the parking lot and stadium;
Student tailgating area; and
Enhanced cellphone service on game days.

Hallman said it’s time to replace Legion Field – often called “the Old Gray Lady on Graymont” – which turns 90 this year. Hallman and Bell said a new stadium next to the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex is close to being announced.

“We’re only going to have a couple of more seasons for the Old Gray Lady and then we’re going to put her out to pasture,” Bell said. “We’re working to make sure that this is just the beginning of great excitement for the next decade and decades to come for UAB Blazer football. We know we’ve got to put the resources in place, we’ve got to put the facilities in place and we’re working on that as we speak. Just hold on. It’s only going to get better from here.”
08-10-2017 06:37 PM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

I think this is a great idea. We're going to have a lot of casual observers for the first game back and this season. We need to make sure those people have an excellent time and keep coming back.
08-10-2017 08:14 PM
Advertisement

blazerfrombirth Offline
Special Teams

I like this. There have been many games (both football and basketball) where things have been handled so poorly on every side that I have thought, "Gosh, if I didn't love UAB so much, I would hate UAB so much."
08-10-2017 08:40 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

You have to give credit to Ingram for this.

You also in the back of your mind have to wonder what Watts & Ingram are up to.
08-10-2017 08:50 PM
UABslant Offline

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I genuinely hope this is righting a wrong. UAB and the system allowed positive periods in the program's early years to be squandered & even dumped upon by UA System trustees & our own inaction to strike while the iron was hot.
It looks like the surveys we were asked to do a while back we're actually taken to heart and our administration realized the only way to fix it was to hire the people who do it for one of the top programs in the country (they are, there's no point in denying it).
We have committed to the program, now the admin is committing to do what it takes to make it successful... I hope.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2017 09:21 PM by UABslant.)
08-10-2017 09:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
imjustafatkid Offline
Special Teams

Looking forward to seeing the improvements, but I didn't really have issues with the game day experience previously.

I was also completely unaware that the Bruno Event Team was involved with any football programs at all.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2017 09:04 AM by imjustafatkid.)
08-10-2017 09:23 PM
bladhmadh Offline
All American

as long as they have soap and toilet paper in the bathrooms Ill be happy. im still convinced that was a deliberate act not supplying the bathrooms
08-10-2017 09:31 PM
Advertisement

hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

Ingram will be on Jox tomorrow morning.
08-10-2017 09:35 PM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-10-2017 09:18 PM)UABslant Wrote:  I genuinely hope this is righting a wrong. UAB and the system allowed positive periods in the program's early years to be squandered & even dumped upon by UA System trustees & our own inaction to strike while the iron was hot.
It looks like the surveys we were asked to do a while back we're actually taken to heart and our administration realized the only way to fix it was to hire the people who do it for one of the top programs in the country (they are, there's no point in denying it).
We have committed to the program, now the admin is committing to do what it takes to make it successful... I hope.

Two things I think may be going on.

One, even if the administration doesn't like the fact UAB football exists (that is certain at the Board level. I think if UAB were truly independent Watts probably isn't hostile, he just doesn't give a damn either way), they do have to keep up UAB's image. The rest of the university is growing and maturing in incredible ways, and it would be incredibly awkward and embarrassing if the rest of the university was finally growing up into a world class university but the athletics department was still run like Pike County High School. Over the past few years it seems like the motto at UAB has become 'if you're going to do something at all, do it right' even if you're forced to do that something against your will

Two, specifically with Bruno Event Team, I think getting Hallman on board is as much a political thing as it is a gameday experience thing. He wasn't the biggest cheerleader for UAB during the whole shutdown debacle, and IIRC was against an on campus stadium. He doesn't seem to like anything that happens in Birmingham unless he's got a finger in the pie. Getting him involved makes a lot of things easier, including the new stadium, and getting the new stadium under the auspices of the BJCC fits back into point one above.
08-10-2017 09:43 PM
imjustafatkid Offline
Special Teams

(08-10-2017 09:31 PM)bladhmadh Wrote:  as long as they have soap and toilet paper in the bathrooms Ill be happy. im still convinced that was a deliberate act not supplying the bathrooms

Doesn't the city handle the bathroom maintenance?
08-10-2017 09:53 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
This was something the foundation really pushed to make happen. I shudder to think where this athletic program would be without them. (We had to fight just to have it).
08-11-2017 07:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.