Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UNC officially confirms what we already knew
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
basketball trumps all in Chapel Hill.

[Image: BtM5GTQ.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2017 09:21 AM by Kaplony.)
08-07-2017 09:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mj4life Offline
1st String

I Root For: unc
RE: UNC officially confirms what we already knew
The logo looks good on Carolina blue, but Nike was already expanding the Jordan Brand into other categories including football, so this is a natural extension of that effort more so than a UNC thing
08-08-2017 01:38 PM
HRFlossY Offline
1st String

I Root For: L' ville
Plus UNC is the home that Jordan built..........Rimshot
FLossY Out...
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2017 01:39 PM by HRFlossY.)
08-08-2017 01:39 PM
Kaplony Offline

(08-08-2017 01:38 PM)mj4life Wrote:  The logo looks good on Carolina blue, but Nike was already expanding the Jordan Brand into other categories including football, so this is a natural extension of that effort more so than a UNC thing

Can you show some pictures of other schools where they have their football coach holding a helmet with the knockoff Nike logo on it? Thanks in advance!
08-08-2017 02:28 PM
mj4life Offline
1st String

(08-08-2017 02:28 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(08-08-2017 01:38 PM)mj4life Wrote:  The logo looks good on Carolina blue, but Nike was already expanding the Jordan Brand into other categories including football, so this is a natural extension of that effort more so than a UNC thing

Can you show some pictures of other schools where they have their football coach holding a helmet with the knockoff Nike logo on it? Thanks in advance!

The same amount that have that logo represent one of the greatest athletes in sports history who also just happens to be a alum of the school. I'm sure theirs one if Harbaugh floating around since Michigan is the only other school that wears Jordan Brand currently
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2017 02:39 PM by mj4life.)
08-08-2017 02:34 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina

Michigan was the first school to adopt the Jordan Brand uniforms for all of their athletic teams. Carolina is the second.
08-08-2017 02:46 PM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline

(08-08-2017 02:34 PM)mj4life Wrote:  

The same amount that have that logo represent one of the greatest athletes in sports history who also just happens to be a alum of the school. I'm sure theirs one if Harbaugh floating around since Michigan is the only other school that wears Jordan Brand currently

(08-08-2017 02:46 PM)XLance Wrote:  

Michigan was the first school to adopt the Jordan Brand uniforms for all of their athletic teams. Carolina is the second.

That didn't address the question. Can you post a photo of Harbaugh holding a helmet with the Jumpman logo in place of the school logo?

I mean I know that the only football tradition UNC has is underachieving but do you think for a minute that Dabo would be photographed holding a helmet where the apparel company logo replaced the paw? No way in hell. The outrage from the fanbase would be massive.
08-08-2017 03:00 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
That reaction when you open a thread and you find Catdaddy skewering your team and you have no retort.

[Image: giphy.gif]
08-08-2017 03:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mj4life Offline
1st String

(08-08-2017 03:00 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(08-08-2017 02:34 PM)mj4life Wrote:  

(08-08-2017 02:46 PM)XLance Wrote:  

That didn't address the question. Can you post a photo of Harbaugh holding a helmet with the Jumpman logo in place of the school logo?

I mean I know that the only football tradition UNC has is underachieving but do you think for a minute that Dabo would be photographed holding a helmet where the apparel company logo replaced the paw? No way in hell. The outrage from the fanbase would be massive.
Their are none & their likely won't be any since Jordan didn't attend any school that might sign up with the brand. FWIW these are PRACTICE HELMETS & won't appear on game ones
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2017 03:17 PM by mj4life.)
08-08-2017 03:16 PM
mj4life Offline
1st String

(08-08-2017 03:04 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  That reaction when you open a thread and you find Catdaddy skewering your team and you have no retort.

The same reaction I have with someone getting worked up over practice gear
08-08-2017 03:24 PM
Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville
Practice?

We talkin' 'bout practice?

Practice man. Practice. Practice.

Well ... if that's true ... Jordan is a genius. 01-wingedeagle Paying to have his logo rep'd ... for all that exposure AT PRACTICE. The ceiling is the roof.

What a dumb ass.
08-08-2017 04:06 PM
Advertisement

XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(08-08-2017 03:04 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  That reaction when you open a thread and you find Catdaddy skewering your team and you have no retort.

He isn't worth the effort.
08-08-2017 06:40 PM
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
The only the issue I see is the ball on the helmet should be a football. Then it would look like the guy is making a 1-hand grab.

I don't see how this confirms Carolina is a basketball school (which they are). If they signed with Adidas would they suddenly become a track school? If they signed with Rebok would they suddenly be a soccer school?
08-08-2017 07:15 PM
Kaplony Offline

(08-08-2017 07:15 PM)Wolfman Wrote:  The only the issue I see is the ball on the helmet should be a football. Then it would look like the guy is making a 1-hand grab.

I don't see how this confirms Carolina is a basketball school (which they are). If they signed with Adidas would they suddenly become a track school? If they signed with Rebok would they suddenly be a soccer school?

If they put a track or soccer player on their football helmet then yes.

When you are fighting a reputation likecUNC fans deny they have and do something like this that reinforces the reputation you deserve to be mocked just as much as you get mocked for trying to put yourself out as being an academic powerhouse yet get exposed for years of institutional academic fraud.
08-08-2017 08:13 PM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

Jordan is one of the most popular athletes today with one of the biggest brands in sports today. On top of that he is likely the most known Heels athlete today, I don't see a problem with this. When the UofL celebrates Ali with patches on game jerseys, does that make the UofL just a boxing school?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-09-2017 06:37 AM
Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

(08-09-2017 06:37 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  When the UofL celebrates Ali with patches on game jerseys, does that make the UofL just a boxing school?

No ... because a patch of Ali on the helmet, doesn't replace the logo on the helmet. Nor does it showcase Ali boxing.

Replacing your logo, with a guy dunking a basketball, on your FOOTBALL helmet ... Well, that is pretty stupid. Especially when trying to shed the tag "they only care about basketball" in recruiting circles.
08-09-2017 12:10 PM
Advertisement

mj4life Offline
1st String

These are just practice HELMETS, repeat it slowly, practice HELMETS. You know the ones with nothing on them until now. You will eventually see the jumpman logo on everything from golf,baseball & cross training gear etc because Nike wants to grow the brand beyond basketball & I guess every school that wears Nike can be considered a track school since that is what they were primarily known for until the 80's
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2017 01:17 PM by mj4life.)
08-09-2017 01:09 PM
Kaplony Offline

(08-09-2017 01:09 PM)mj4life Wrote:  These are just practice HELMETS, repeat it slowly, practice HELMETS. You know the ones with nothing on them until now. You will eventually see the jumpman logo on everything from golf,baseball & cross training gear etc because Nike wants to grow the brand beyond basketball & I guess every school that wears Nike can be considered a track school since that is what they were primarily known for until the 80's

No, only the ones stupid enough to remove their school logo and put the swoosh it it's place.
08-09-2017 02:08 PM
mj4life Offline
1st String

(08-09-2017 02:08 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 01:09 PM)mj4life Wrote:  These are just practice HELMETS, repeat it slowly, practice HELMETS. You know the ones with nothing on them until now. You will eventually see the jumpman logo on everything from golf,baseball & cross training gear etc because Nike wants to grow the brand beyond basketball & I guess every school that wears Nike can be considered a track school since that is what they were primarily known for until the 80's

No, only the ones stupid enough to remove their school logo and put the swoosh it it's place.

PRACTICE HELMET, PRACTICE HELMET that never had a logo on it to begin with. The only logo's approved for games are the interlocking NC or the foot logo worn on the chrome helmets
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2017 03:21 PM by mj4life.)
08-09-2017 03:18 PM
Kaplony Offline

LOL

FACT: The University of North Carolina has football helmets with a logo depicting a basketball player on them.

FACT: The University of North Carolina released pictures of said helmet to the public.

FACT: This reinforces the accurate and popular opinion that UNC is a school that puts basketball ahead of their football program.
08-09-2017 03:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.