Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Tyler Harris (Cordova)
Bookmark and Share
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Tyler Harris (Cordova)
Just won the MVP on Team Thad's national championship team. Tubby have a chance with this guy? --- especially now that Lomax is looking iffy.
08-02-2017 12:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigerjamesc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: more wins
RE: Tyler Harris (Cordova)
I think he'd fit us better than Lomax. Lomax has always had 5 star talent around him and hasn't had to carry a team. Listen to him comment on his college choices and he seems to say he wants to go where there's ready made talent. He's not the alpha dog and I think that's the type of player Memphis needs...someone that can take over.
Harris has proven he is that Alpha player. That's what Memphis lacks. Imo, we need Harris over Lomax
08-02-2017 12:54 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
I was recently listening to an interview with one of the members of Team Thad. He said Memphis would be on Harris' list because they were the hometown team. They did not make Harris a priority and havent spent anywhere near the time recruiting him that they have on Lomax so chances are slim to none that Harris would ignore that and sign with Memphis anyway.
08-02-2017 12:55 PM
EricSigEpTNBeta183 Offline
1st String

What's crazy is I think if we were in on Harris (meaning recruiting him hard) I think he would of stayed home as long as there weren't any blue bloods after him. Now it's looking like we miss on both (Lomax and Harris)
08-02-2017 05:41 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
They could still get Harris if they had a recruiter.
08-02-2017 09:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Smith Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis
Stay away from Memphis talent unless they are a 5 star
08-02-2017 09:33 PM
Advertisement

1st String

Jonah actually thinks that Harris ends up at Memphis . . . interesting, hope so. I think he is more of what we need than Lomax.
08-02-2017 11:33 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
link? I didn't see that
08-02-2017 11:46 PM
1st String

Said it on his most recent periscope, believe it was earlier on today. If you go to his twitter you can find it. I actually have a weird feeling that we turn our attention to Harris and pull it off.
08-03-2017 12:18 AM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-02-2017 11:33 PM)EricSigEpTNBeta183 Wrote:  Jonah actually thinks that Harris ends up at Memphis . . . interesting, hope so. I think he is more of what we need than Lomax.

I guess if we buy that Jonah is always right, we gotta buy Harris to Memphis.

The PG is dead - long live the PG?

I'm a skeptic on these experts. I'll have to see more evidence to warm up to the idea.
08-03-2017 09:51 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
Alex Lomax, Antwann Jones, and Connor Vanover...that's the class I want for 2018.

I'd love to see Lomax and Jones learning from Johnson and Martin...that would be a really good group of talented guards.
08-03-2017 09:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Sanity
(08-03-2017 12:18 AM)EricSigEpTNBeta183 Wrote:  Said it on his most recent periscope, believe it was earlier on today. If you go to his twitter you can find it. I actually have a weird feeling that we turn our attention to Harris and pull it off.

I listened to that periscope last night, and that's not exactly what Jonah said.

Jonah said the IF the Tigers, and Tubby personally, started seriously recruiting Tyler, that Jonah thought the Tigers COULD get him. That's a long way from Jonah saying he thought Tyler will end up at Memphis.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017 10:15 AM by Tigx.)
08-03-2017 10:01 AM
Stammers Offline
Legend

I understand that coaches recruit players that they feel are a better fit for their team and because of this they will recruit players that aren't as highly ranked as others. Pastner and Tubby are polar opposites when it comes to this. Pastner recruited highly ranked players but only had roster and position balance for 2 or 3 years. In all fairness to Pastner, in the beginning you do what you have to do to keep players even if they cause trouble, and you recruit as many good players as possible regardless of position because you need bodies. This is something that seems either lost on Tubby, or he just won't do it.

I also understand that even though we list an offer; Tubby might not accept a commitment yet from a point guard in the 200's. Having said that, Tubby has offered a handful of point guards ranked much lower than Harris. IF Tubby is sure about Lomax or a higher ranked point guard, great. If not, then you have to go after Harris hard even if you aren't really sure that you want him that badly.

You do this for 2 reasons. First, even if you don't consider him to be a great fit, he is still going to be better than a recruit ranked in the mid 200's and is going to have a higher ceiling. Second, he is a Memphian, so you can visit him and watch him play all the time. It requires a lot less effort to recruit him than another recruit from out of town.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017 10:15 AM by Stammers.)
08-03-2017 10:14 AM
FlyingTiger2016 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis/GaTech
(08-03-2017 12:18 AM)EricSigEpTNBeta183 Wrote:  Said it on his most recent periscope, believe it was earlier on today. If you go to his twitter you can find it. I actually have a weird feeling that we turn our attention to Harris and pull it off.

From the periscope, I interpreted that he thinks that they have a legit shot but they have a lot of work to do to make it up. And Iowa State still leads.
08-03-2017 10:27 AM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

(08-03-2017 10:01 AM)Tigx Wrote:  

I listened to that periscope last night, and that's not exactly what Jonah said.

Jonah said the IF the Tigers, and Tubby personally, started seriously recruiting Tyler, that Jonah thought the Tigers COULD get him. That's a long way from Jonah saying he thought Tyler will end up at Memphis.

o man that IF is this big IF

edit: Jonah hasn't said much about Tyler and us being ahead of Iowa, Idaho or some I State.

So doesn't look that promising. The staff, by all counts. loves them some Lomax.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017 11:02 AM by snowtiger.)
08-03-2017 10:58 AM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-03-2017 10:58 AM)snowtiger Wrote:  

edit: Jonah hasn't said much about Tyler and us being ahead of Iowa, Idaho or some I State.

So doesn't look that promising. The staff, by all counts. loves them some Lomax.

True, Snow. Words matter.
08-03-2017 11:11 AM
Advertisement

snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

(08-03-2017 11:11 AM)Tigx Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 10:58 AM)snowtiger Wrote:  

True, Snow. Words matter.

lol They matter to us like crazy, whereas Harris and Lomax are making decisions as we pick apart the small details.

Would be awesome, imo, to get both of them. Some Memphis kids still like Memphis, and those two are two that do...from everything I've read. But when schools swoop in and make them feel so appreciated and wanted...

We just gotta 'hope' our staff makes them feel wanted enough.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017 11:19 AM by snowtiger.)
08-03-2017 11:17 AM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

Yep, and when Tubby's staff was announced, didn't we hear that Pooh was the top recruiter? And we know Pooh is the lead recruiter for most of the Memphis kids. Pooh needs to reel in one of these guys. Maybe Butch can help, even with his limited role.
08-03-2017 11:22 AM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

(08-03-2017 11:22 AM)Tigx Wrote:  Yep, and when Tubby's staff was announced, didn't we hear that Pooh was the top recruiter? And we know Pooh is the lead recruiter for most of the Memphis kids. Pooh needs to reel in one of these guys. Maybe Butch can help, even with his limited role.

Yea...it's disappointing that Pierre is so limited--doesn't matter what the reason is...since that isn't gonna change. But his hire seemed like such a nice blip in the bad news...now a much lesser blip. lol
08-03-2017 12:02 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

The plot thickens:

Mark Giannottoā€¸ @mgiannotto 7m7 minutes ago

Team Thad/Cordova PG Tyler Harris said today Tubby Smith recently called and told him he's "a top priority" for Memphis in 2018 class.
08-04-2017 05:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.