Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Landry Shamet Out For 4 Months
Aargh Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WSU
Landry Shamet Out For 4 Months
Landry Shamet broke a bone in his foot at an All-Star camp in Philadelphia. He's expected to be able to play by mid-November. The Maui torunament (with Michigan and Notre Dame) is November 20-22. Could be a rough start to WSU's season.

Shamet Scheduled For Surgery Monday
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2017 10:19 PM by Aargh.)
07-29-2017 07:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
RE: Landry Shamet Out For 4 Months
Sorry to hear. Not good for any of us.
07-29-2017 08:56 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
Good coaches are extremly good in patching things up... Wichita will be fine.
07-30-2017 12:32 AM
Moody Magic Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SMU
Hate to hear this. At least he has a chance to get back without missing many games.
07-30-2017 09:23 AM
DownOnRohs Online
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
I want him healthy
07-30-2017 10:03 AM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
I don't think this will have much impact on Wichita State's long-term goal of making a deep run in the tournament, but I really want to see them win the Maui. That's going to be pretty tough if he is still out or is not in his best game shape.
07-30-2017 01:54 PM
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
ECU's our only hope now.
07-30-2017 01:58 PM
BrooklynRocket Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cardozo HS
How confident are Shocker fans in their other guards if Shamet misses a few games?
07-30-2017 03:51 PM
AndShock Offline
1st String

I Root For: Wichita State
(07-30-2017 03:51 PM)BrooklynRocket Wrote:  How confident are Shocker fans in their other guards if Shamet misses a few games?

Austin Reaves would probably play PG. He's had shoulder problems throughout high school and his freshman year of college causing him to miss important developmental time. Ridiculously skinny but an extremely high IQ player who I would trust to play the PG spot as a sophomore even with all of his missed time.

We have a JuCo coming in who will also play the point. He should definitely contribute at some point but who knows if he will be able to start the season at PG.

Frankamp can play PG but he is not a PG and is much better suited at the SG spot.

Those are all of our guards. Wouldn't be surprised if we moved Zach Brown to the 2 spot (or even McDuffie if his ball handling has improved exponentially over the summer.)

Looking at our roster I guess sophomore CJ Keyser is also listed as a guard but I think of him as more of a tiny SF. He hardly played his freshman year but he can probably provide some minutes in the event depth is needed.
07-30-2017 04:40 PM
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

Second broken foot in as many years... not a good sign for Mr. Shamet's durability rating. This is probably more bad news for him and his future draft prospects than the Shockers although it WILL hurt us next year. This is just really really bad news all around. Regardless of when he comes back, the Shox won't be firing on all cylinders until conference play which is not good news for the AAC. Hopefully we don't drop too many games in the OOC.

T

...03-cool
07-30-2017 07:03 PM
Aargh Offline
2nd String

(07-30-2017 03:51 PM)BrooklynRocket Wrote:  How confident are Shocker fans in their other guards if Shamet misses a few games?
Austin Reaves (Soph) had shoulder surgery in April (labrum). He's not able to do upper body work until August. So, we've got one PG in a sling and one on crutches.

There is no way a JuCo guy is likely to be effective coming in his first year. Marshall has a complicated and complex system. Most JuCo PG's start showing promise second semester and do well as Sr's. Except the one we had last year - he's gone this year.

Zach Brown actually played PG in a prep year. He's definitely not a PG, but we could use him, Frankamp, or Haynes-Jones (JuCo guy) there against the University of Missouri - Kansas City and College of Charleston, which are the two games prior to Maui.

If Shamet can't go in Maui against Cal (first game in Maui), it gets a little dicey.

Reaves looked like a Junior last year at the beginning of the season. Off the charts basketball IQ. He's absolutely fearless for a skinny 6'5", 185 lb. guy. Scored 72 in a HS game and averaged over 35 his Sr year in a tiny town in Arkansas. His team did play quite a few games against substantially larger schools.

Reaves dislocated his shoulder 3 times last year. He was a stud before the third one, but that was pretty much the end of his season. He was shooting 52% from 3 before the third dislocation. Dropped off after that.

He can weave his way through traffic and get to the hoop. He just doesn't have a lot of experience. Shamet can control the pace of a game. I doubt Reaves has got that figured out yet. He could probably get sped up or slowed down.

If we have to use Frankamp at PG, we're screwed against good competition. He doesn't turn it over, but he doesn't create anything for the offense, nor is he likely to penetrate the lane to draw a defender. He tends to dribble the ball upcourt, look around a little and then pass to a wing 35' from the basket - when there's less than 20 seconds left on the shot clock.
07-30-2017 07:06 PM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(07-29-2017 07:16 PM)Aargh Wrote:  Landry Shamet broke a bone in his foot at an All-Star camp in Philadelphia. He's expected to be able to play by mid-November. The Maui torunament (with Michigan and Notre Dame) is November 20-22. Could be a rough start to WSU's season.

and the excuses have already started.....smh
07-30-2017 07:06 PM
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

When one of the best players in the league breaks his foot, it hurts the entire conference.

T

...03-cool
07-30-2017 07:13 PM
ShockerFever Offline
Heisman

(07-30-2017 07:06 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  
(07-29-2017 07:16 PM)Aargh Wrote:  Landry Shamet broke a bone in his foot at an All-Star camp in Philadelphia. He's expected to be able to play by mid-November. The Maui torunament (with Michigan and Notre Dame) is November 20-22. Could be a rough start to WSU's season.

What's the excuse for you being born?
07-30-2017 07:13 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(07-30-2017 07:13 PM)ShockerFever Wrote:  

that's all you got?! lol, mid major trolling from a fan of a mid major program
07-30-2017 07:21 PM
shock Offline
Ass-Kicking Booby-Loving 'Murican

I Root For: U of Wichita
(07-30-2017 07:21 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  
(07-30-2017 07:13 PM)ShockerFever Wrote:  

that's all you got?! lol, mid major trolling from a fan of a mid major program

In a mid major conference
07-30-2017 08:14 PM
Advertisement

shock Offline
Ass-Kicking Booby-Loving 'Murican

I Root For: U of Wichita
(07-30-2017 07:13 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  When the best player in the league breaks his foot, it hurts the entire conference.

T

...03-cool

FTFY
07-30-2017 08:19 PM
Aargh Offline
2nd String

We report that one of our better players is having surgery for a broken bone and you call it an excuse? You may be Bearcats#1, but you're acting more like #2......smh

Grow up, dude. Calling that an excuse is a great Junior High move. Wait till you kick our butts and someone from WSU, anyone from WSU, uses this injury as an excuse.

I hope you're not this premature with your conclusions in other aspects of your life.
07-30-2017 09:06 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
Sounds like he needs to put on a band-aid and man up. Mid-Major injury. 07-coffee3
07-30-2017 09:09 PM
Aargh Offline
2nd String

(07-30-2017 09:09 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  Sounds like he needs to put on a band-aid and man up. Mid-Major injury. 07-coffee3
I'll just note that the "mid-major" comment comes from a source familiar with 3-9.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2017 09:41 PM by Aargh.)
07-30-2017 09:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.