Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

K-Mac signs with Rockies
Bookmark and Share
Proff Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UNCW
K-Mac signs with Rockies
According to the Seahawk website Kennard McDowell has signed a free agent contract with the Colorado Rockies.

Sent from my SM-G900V using CSNbbs mobile app
07-26-2017 11:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Seahawk Nation 08 Offline
Heisman

RE: K-Mac signs with Rockies
Nice! Glad to see he's getting a shot. Shortstop is a weak position, depth-wise, in the MLB right now. Even guys who are defense-first or even defense-only deserve a crack at it.
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2017 11:16 AM by Seahawk Nation 08.)
07-26-2017 11:16 AM
jumpinmullet Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pepperdine
I like Kennard and wish him well. He will most likely have to rework his swing after the UNCW staff tried to turn him into a HR hitter.
07-30-2017 03:39 PM

Seahawk Nation 08 Offline
Heisman

(07-30-2017 03:39 PM)jumpinmullet Wrote:  I like Kennard and wish him well. He will most likely have to rework his swing after the UNCW staff tried to turn him into a HR hitter.

1. That's the way they're playing in the pros. Guys are trying to get the ball up in the air because hitting it on the ground is a worthless endeavor. So few SS's actually display power so if you have the ability to do so, you should show it.

2. GFY. Always whining about something. Go back to the NC State boards you fraud.
07-30-2017 09:50 PM
jumpinmullet Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pepperdine
(07-30-2017 09:50 PM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  
(07-30-2017 03:39 PM)jumpinmullet Wrote:  I like Kennard and wish him well. He will most likely have to rework his swing after the UNCW staff tried to turn him into a HR hitter.

1. That's the way they're playing in the pros. Guys are trying to get the ball up in the air because hitting it on the ground is a worthless endeavor. So few SS's actually display power so if you have the ability to do so, you should show it.

2. GFY. Always whining about something. Go back to the NC State boards you fraud.

I agree that most MLB teams are all about the long ball but there are some that are not doing that quite as much. Kennard is a kid that picked baseball up later than most but I think he might have a future if he can hit enough to stick around for a while. He did not hit the ball his senior year and that cost him in the draft. I don't really blame UNCW for trying that approach but it is tough for them to only teach one approach across the board and have it be the HR swing. I don't think they get the studs to pound the ball like UNC,NCSU,ECU and it might serve them better to go with the Coastal approach instead.
07-31-2017 08:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.