Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

No Republican will get a nickle from me
wahoowa Offline
All American

I Root For:
DonatorsDonators
No Republican will get a nickle from me
If they can't sort out the sheet that they campaigned on for 7 years. It is farcical, misleading, and a downright lie to ask for the keys to all three offices, and then abdicate responsibility.

I'll mail all of the envelopes back to them that request money with nothing in them so that they have to pay for the postage.

This is beyond stupid.
07-25-2017 07:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
RE: No Republican will get a nickle from me
You'll give them money when you forget about this.
07-25-2017 07:06 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
No one cares.
07-25-2017 07:14 PM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
They still have time to get something done. At some point they are going to realize this is suicide at the polls if they can't come up with ANYTHING that can get through congress.
07-25-2017 07:19 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
They could get Bismarck through congress. A bunch of democrats would vote for it, and they could hold enough of their own in check.

Here's the problem. Nobody wants to be responsible for dumping anyone off health care. That party would pay a heavy price at the polls. So the only direction to go that is politically feasible is to help out the people that Obamacare screwed while not dumping the people that Obamacare helped. That means universal care, basically. The problem with universal care is that you can't pay for it without injecting a bunch more tax money, and nobody wants to raise taxes to pay for it. Democrats don't even want that. That's why they came up with a bunch of horsecrap funding devices in Obamacare that don't work. That's why Obamacare is going to crash.

So do Bismarck and pay for it with a consumption tax. This makes Medicaid redundant and also heavily subsidizes Medicare. I would think about doing it in a way that ultimately phases our Medicare, but you can't do that overnight. I would also do some sort of universal basic income (UBI) based on either Milton Friedman's negative income tax or the Boortz-Linder prebate/prefund, and farm out the current welfare hodgepodge to the states on an elective/voluntary basis (they can afford them with what they save off eliminating Medicaid). A consumption tax at, say 15% (below world levels) would also generate enough to balance the budget and lower and flatten individual and corporate income tax rates to below world competitive levels. We still have taxes, but we are below worldwide levels across the board, with will definitely bring investment (and good-paying jobs) back in a big way.

I really don't think that there is another way to go that is fiscally viable.

First party to come up with this gets my votes (and my nickels).
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2017 07:30 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
07-25-2017 07:28 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(07-25-2017 07:28 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  They could get Bismarck through congress. A bunch of democrats would vote for it, and they could hold enough of their own in check.

Here's the problem. Nobody wants to be responsible for dumping anyone off health care. That party would pay a heavy price at the polls. So the only direction to go that is politically feasible is to help out the people that Obamacare screwed while not dumping the people that Obamacare helped. That means universal care, basically. The problem with universal care is that you can't pay for it without injecting a bunch more tax money, and nobody wants to raise taxes to pay for it. Democrats don't even want that. That's why they came up with a bunch of horsecrap funding devices in Obamacare that don't work. That's why Obamacare is going to crash.

So do Bismarck and pay for it with a consumption tax. This makes Medicaid redundant and also heavily subsidizes Medicare. I would think about doing it in a way that ultimately phases our Medicare, but you can't do that overnight. I would also do some sort of universal basic income (UBI) based on either Milton Friedman's negative income tax or the Boortz-Linder prebate/prefund, and farm out the current welfare hodgepodge to the states on an elective/voluntary basis (they can afford them with what they save off eliminating Medicaid). A consumption tax at, say 15% (below world levels) would also generate enough to balance the budget and lower and flatten individual and corporate income tax rates to below world competitive levels. We still have taxes, but we are below worldwide levels across the board, with will definitely bring investment (and good-paying jobs) back in a big way.

You'll need to save those nickles for the taxes requires to pay for your grand plans to pay people for breathing.
07-25-2017 07:48 PM
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(07-25-2017 07:28 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  They could get Bismarck through congress. A bunch of democrats would vote for it, and they could hold enough of their own in check.

Do you have this saved somewhere and just copy and paste, or do you actually type it out each time?
07-25-2017 07:51 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(07-25-2017 07:51 PM)Kronke Wrote:  

Do you have this saved somewhere and just copy and paste, or do you actually type it out each time?

Some of each. I vary it a bit. This one is a bit different from anything else I've posted.

As I said above, I don't see another approach that is fiscally viable. Certainly noting that either party has proposed is. If somebody has another idea that would work, I'm all for it.

Europe provides both a better and more comprehensive welfare safety net and a more tax-efficient deal for investors than we do. It should be hard to do both, but our system is so screwed up that we make it easy to do better.
07-25-2017 07:56 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(07-25-2017 07:56 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(07-25-2017 07:51 PM)Kronke Wrote:  

Here's the problem. Nobody wants to be responsible for dumping anyone off health care. That party would pay a heavy price at the polls. So the only direction to go that is politically feasible is to help out the people that Obamacare screwed while not dumping the people that Obamacare helped. That means universal care, basically. The fact problem with universal care is that you can't pay for it without injecting a bunch more tax money, and nobody wants to raise taxes to pay for it. Democrats don't even want that. That's why they came up with a bunch of horsecrap funding devices in Obamacare that don't work. That's why Obamacare is going to crash.

Some of each. I vary it a bit. This one is a bit different from anything else I've posted.

As I said above, I don't see another approach that is fiscally viable. Certainly noting that either party has proposed is. If somebody has another idea that would work, I'm all for it.

Europe provides both a better and more comprehensive welfare safety net and a more tax-efficient deal for investors than we do. It should be hard to do both, but our system is so screwed up that we make it easy to do better.

Yes they do provide healthcare to all and a better safety net. They do it by running up debt even faster than we do. Our finances are a mess--but the US is the thinnest girl at the western world fat farm. If you're suggesting the European model is fiscally viable---your barking up the wrong tree. That just gets us to financial Armageddon faster.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2017 11:04 PM by Attackcoog.)
07-25-2017 10:59 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(07-25-2017 10:59 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Yes they do. They do it by running up debt even faster than we do. Our finances are a mess--but the US is the thinnest girl at the western world fat farm. If you're suggesting the European model is fiscally viable---your barking up the wrong tree. That just gets us to financial Armageddon faster.

The European approach gets into trouble two ways:

1) They tend to let their social welfare programs get out of hand. This is something that would be a concern with the approach I outlined. I'm proposing a very comprehensive but limited social safety net. It would require a great deal of diligence to keep that safety net from growing into much more. I acknowledge that. I still think the framework I outlined would work better than what we have now.

2) A lot of their economies are on shaky ground. Shaky ground = shaky tax receipts. We don't really have that problem. Or we have it, but to a lesser extent.
07-25-2017 11:07 PM
EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU

Without cutting costs, Bismark would not improve healthcare here. It works in Europe because their surgeons don't use $1,000 scalples. We have deep problems.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
07-25-2017 11:20 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards

XACLY! that's why passing the ACA bill was shite, and would now be self crucifying for any dippo that doesn't pacify....the lobbyists alone would shite in their beds....

however, at some point, the tough decision to right this ship is going to happen one way or the other.....

I prefer your suggestions and/or tort/interstate insurance reforms as a first pass.....as a consumer, I would accept any combo....however, we both know that isn't going to happen...

I hate politics...and I really despise having to pay attention to bullshite that should have never happened in the first place.....
07-25-2017 11:23 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(07-25-2017 11:20 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
Without cutting costs, Bismarck (sic) would not improve healthcare here. It works in Europe because their surgeons don't use $1,000 scalples. We have deep problems.

Over half our health care costs are incurred in the last three years of life. We're not going to cut costs until we decide culturally that it's okay to let grandma die. Single payer and single provider systems tell grandma to queue up, take a number, go home, and come back next year. And if grandma dies at home, it's not their fault, and think of all the money they'll save.

There are some things we can do to cut costs. If we enacted Bismarck, I would expect a furious competition among health insurers to find the best model for delivering basic care.
07-25-2017 11:29 PM
EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(07-25-2017 11:29 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
Without cutting costs, Bismarck (sic) would not improve healthcare here. It works in Europe because their surgeons don't use $1,000 scalples. We have deep problems.

Over half our health care costs are incurred in the last three years of life. We're not going to cut costs until we decide culturally that it's okay to let grandma die. Single payer and single provider systems tell grandma to queue up, take a number, go home, and come back next year. And if grandma dies at home, it's not their fault, and think of all the money they'll save.

There are some things we can do to cut costs. If we enacted Bismarck, I would expect a furious competition among health insurers to find the best model for delivering basic care.
That's BS. Let's cut the other half and let grandma live. I'd rather be cut open by a $5 scalple instead of a $1,000 one than have lawyers putting down grandma. Phuck that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
07-25-2017 11:33 PM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(07-25-2017 07:06 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  You'll give them money when you forget about this.

Bet not. Maybe he will, but for someone who was on board since '82, and have 5 or 6 signed pictures of smilin Laura and W. They haven't seen a dime from me in, what? 14 yrs now?

Some of us actually stand behind what we believe and don't simply slide into the "Team Vs. whomever" idiocy.

Sorry if you do. 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2017 11:34 PM by JMUDunk.)
07-25-2017 11:33 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(07-25-2017 11:33 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(07-25-2017 11:29 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
That's BS. Let's cut the other half and let grandma live. I'd rather be cut open by a $5 scalple instead of a $1,000 one than have lawyers putting down grandma. Phuck that.

I'm not sure you quite caught my drift. You hear a lot about how single-payer and single-provider systems cost less. They cost less because they let grandma die. And there's nothing you can do about it in single-payer. You do have some (very expensive) options in single-provider.

Bismarck costs are comparable to the most expensive single-payer/single-provider systems, but still considerably less than here. It's kind of a combination of the best of both. Routine stuff is handled on the "free" side on a capitation basis, like single-payer or single-provider, so it's cheaper than here, but they still have the fee-for-service "pay" side when it's time to save grandma.

If you want to get rid of the $1,000 scalpel, you need to reform malpractice. You get those because no doc wants to answer the following questions on the witness stand:
"You did this operation with a $5 scalpel, right?"
"Yes."
"And you could have used a $1,000 scalpel, right?"
"Yes."
"And the $1,000 scalpel is better, right?"
"Well, yes, but ..."
At that point the jury has decided that they will go with whatever number the ambulance chaser writes on the white board.
07-26-2017 06:40 AM
Advertisement

MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
(07-25-2017 10:59 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  That just gets us to financial Armageddon faster.

Much better to let the economy go to dog____ because of skyrocketing spending on healthcare.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
07-26-2017 08:54 AM
stinkfist Online

(07-26-2017 08:54 AM)MplsBison Wrote:  
(07-25-2017 10:59 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  That just gets us to financial Armageddon faster.

Much better to let the economy go to dog____ because of skyrocketing spending on healthcare.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

that's the ticket.....kill 'em all since I gotta use a monthly tamping....

why look at economic fundamentals......that make 0'care cents....

you're easier than xxx-555-xxxx
07-26-2017 09:08 AM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
You almost wrote something that could be understood, stink.

Keep up the good work
07-26-2017 09:11 AM
stinkfist Online

(07-26-2017 09:11 AM)MplsBison Wrote:  You almost wrote something that could be understood, stink.

Keep up the good work

I'm sorry......I misspelled "tampon" 03-wink 04-cheers
07-26-2017 09:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.