Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AP goes head first into politically correct
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
AP goes head first into politically correct
http://www.investors.com/politics/column...ing-crazy/

Back in those ancient days when teletypes gave us the sound effects for news, The Associated Press was esteemed as the gold standard of objective news coverage. Inside a liberal media bubble, that pretense continues. But for decades now, AP has tacked hard to port along with the rest of the media establishment. They'll deny it, of course, because that's what they do.
But the evidence is there, emblazoned in the AP Stylebook, which sets the rules for the language of news reporting. It also sets the tone of the media elite's daily composition in every format — print, online or broadcast. They say it "defines clear news writing" and call it "the journalist's bible," which is a fairly damning phrase, since it rejects the Bible.

There are no longer two genders or illegal immigrants or even immigrants and no such thing as pro-life.
07-21-2017 08:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

RE: AP goes head first into politically correct
I've noticed in the last couple of years that you can no longer trust AP stories. They are frequently editorials masquerading as news stories.
07-21-2017 08:48 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Think about this: the media has sold its soul simply so that they can be invited to the cool parties in LA, DC and NYC, leading to the reality that the MSM is not (not Can't Be, but Is Not) trusted because the powers that be want to have cocktails with the cool kids.....
07-21-2017 08:52 AM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

(07-21-2017 08:52 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Think about this: the media has sold its soul simply so that they can be invited to the cool parties in LA, DC and NYC, leading to the reality that the MSM is not (not Can't Be, but Is Not) trusted because the powers that be want to have cocktails with the cool kids.....

There's some of that. But I remember a Freshman English class where the TA asked everyone to state their majors and the reasons they chose them. The female journalism major, with a chilling calm, said, "I chose journalism because I want to manipulate people's opinions."
07-21-2017 09:01 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

http://www.hoover.org/research/americas-media-meltdown

Article does a good job of going through the failures of the media while pursuing Obama worship and the disdain of the Obama administration for both the media and the American people. There's also this comment:

"...In addition, the current generation of marquee reporters was schooled at the major journalism schools by veterans of the 1960s, when the “new” journalism saw progressive political activism—opposition to the Vietnam War and the promotion of civil rights, feminism, and environmentalism—as the proper counterweight to traditional and supposedly regressive American values.
Postmodernism—the theory that there are no absolute facts or eternal truths, only interpretations based on power machinations—seeped out from university English departments into the larger elite culture. Such relativism may explain the epidemic of fake news accounts and plagiarism as alternative “narratives” rather than simple untruths...."
07-21-2017 09:11 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(07-21-2017 09:01 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(07-21-2017 08:52 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Think about this: the media has sold its soul simply so that they can be invited to the cool parties in LA, DC and NYC, leading to the reality that the MSM is not (not Can't Be, but Is Not) trusted because the powers that be want to have cocktails with the cool kids.....

There's some of that. But I remember a Freshman English class where the TA asked everyone to state their majors and the reasons they chose them. The female journalism major, with a chilling calm, said, "I chose journalism because I want to manipulate people's opinions."

Yes, but that's only enabled because the media's leadership lives in midtown Manhattan and the DC suburbs where they have to write with a progressive tenor as opposed to presenting facts.

Otherwise, no cocktails.
07-21-2017 09:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.