Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New broadcast platforms offer Conference USA options...
Bookmark and Share
GreenSteve Offline
1st String

I Root For: Thundering Herd
New broadcast platforms offer Conference USA options...
Judy MacLeod knows Conference USA couldn’t have picked a worse time to negotiate a TV deal than last year.

“It was an absolutely horrible time to be out there (in 2016),” MacLeod, the C-USA commissioner, said Wednesday at the league’s football media day.

The league’s previous rights deals expired last summer, right in the middle of a nationwide cord-cutting trend. Fewer subscribers led to belt tightening for cable TV networks, which led to less money for C-USA.

League programs used to pull in $1.1 million annually from the league’s previous rights deal. That dropped to $300,000 per program as part of the new deal that kicked in for the 2016-17 season.

http://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/wku/ne...2e85f.html
07-21-2017 05:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: New broadcast platforms offer Conference USA options...
It may offer us options to distribute the games, but I doubt it brings much, if any, extra money.

The key to additional money for CUSA teams will be the ability of schools to sell their own rights and/or subscriptions.

Charlotte's AD said we are looking at a partnership to distribute our remaining home games. I'm assuming we are looking to partner with local station, WCCB to produce our games that have not been picked up. We did this our first 2 seasons. We got 70% of the advertising revenue during the game, though I have no idea how much that was.
07-21-2017 04:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.