Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stossel on Reason Megathread
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
Stossel on Reason Megathread

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2017 10:02 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
07-20-2017 02:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

stinkfist Online
laughing at MSM meltdown

I Root For: StL Blues & USM
RE: Stossel: Save the Rhinos
I'm intrigued....what is the point? (no pun intended)

if you polled 9 bazillion people, 8.999993736365625 bazillion would look like a deer in the headlights when pressed on this topic.....

what I found laziest in reporting, was the prohibition/animal rights comparative....

you guys make it easy to laugh at things that are truly meaningless....save the buffalos too....

now if'n it would've been about bees and pollination, you'd get a completely different response from me....

changing laws cause a rise or fall in supply/demand.............who'd a thunk it?
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2017 05:17 PM by stinkfist.)
07-20-2017 05:16 PM
dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Ducks Unlimited is similar in how they protect wetlands.
07-20-2017 05:24 PM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

(07-20-2017 05:16 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  I'm intrigued....what is the point? (no pun intended)

if you polled 9 bazillion people, 8.999993736365625 bazillion would look like a deer in the headlights when pressed on this topic.....

what I found laziest in reporting, was the prohibition/animal rights comparative....

you guys make it easy to laugh at things that are truly meaningless....save the buffalos too....

now if'n it would've been about bees and pollination, you'd get a completely different response from me....

changing laws cause a rise or fall in supply/demand.............who'd a thunk it?

The animal rights activists try to get these countries to outlaw the hunting of elephants and rhinos thus driving up the worth of the ivory, Stossel is arguing that by letting people create hunting reservations and legalizing the hunt it not only lowers the worth of the ivory but also boosts the population of these already near endangered or endangered animals and helps raise the economic status of the population, that these laws only have a negative affect on the whole mission of saving those species. The point of the artificial ivory is to deem the real thing almost obsolete and worthless, which animal rights activists are also against. The supply/demand is what will fix the issue of endangerment and the laws only hinder its ability.
07-21-2017 12:13 AM

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(07-21-2017 12:13 AM)DexterDevil Wrote:  The animal rights activists try to get these countries to outlaw the hunting of elephants and rhinos thus driving up the worth of the ivory, Stossel is arguing that by letting people create hunting reservations and legalizing the hunt it not only lowers the worth of the ivory but also boosts the population of these already near endangered or endangered animals and helps raise the economic status of the population, that these laws only have a negative affect on the whole mission of saving those species. The point of the artificial ivory is to deem the real thing almost obsolete and worthless, which animal rights activists are also against. The supply/demand is what will fix the issue of endangerment and the laws only hinder its ability.

In the specific case of the rhinos, I don't think it's legalizing the hunt but rather legalizing the harvesting of horns from live rhinos. But the principle is the same, and in the cases of many other animals similarly situated it is legalizing the hunt. This is the proper approach if you want to move endangered species back to unendangered status. But that's not what the animal rights activists want, that's not what the EPA wants, and that's not the way our Endangered Species Act is written.
07-21-2017 05:36 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USC Upstate

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
RE: Stossel on Reason Megathread
Hijacking this thread since I too intend to post every last single Stossel on Reason he does.

07-25-2017 10:02 PM
stinkfist Online
laughing at MSM meltdown

I Root For: StL Blues & USM
(07-25-2017 10:02 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Hijacking this thread since I too intend to post every last single Stossel on Reason he does.

review at your own risk 03-wink

some of the village idiots can piece thingys together too....he needs to jump on the HC lobbying STAT!

http://csnbbs.com/thread-822575-post-144...id14462121

disclaimer: I like Stossel....he's my kinda guy!
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2017 12:25 AM by stinkfist.)
07-26-2017 12:25 AM

DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

(07-25-2017 10:02 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Hijacking this thread since I too intend to post every last single Stossel on Reason he does.

Wont get any objections from me 04-cheers
07-26-2017 02:06 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Domestic Terrorist and Iconoclast

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest

I had a neighbor that retired from the Department of Agriculture. He fully admitted(and this was 15 years ago) that his job for the last 1/2 of his work life was basically just taking coffee breaks and trying to stay awake. The Department of Agriculture is one of biggest offenders of wasted money in Washington.
07-26-2017 05:43 AM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

Figured This would be a good place to drop this.

07-27-2017 08:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.