Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
GOP grants permanet res. status to foreign child seeking healthcare in the US
I doubt he would have gotten the same assistance if he had been

1) Of color
2) From a non-English speaking household
3) From a non-Christian heritage
4) Politically expedient to the GOP

I'm glad he's getting the care. Is this experimental program open to all American kids who are of color at the same (free) price?

What about Syrian kids? What about American kids who have a parent who is undocumented?

If we're going to help people, lets do it equitably. Do Syrian lives matter less than white, Christian lives?

The optics on this are terrible. http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-n...ent-doctor

I support open borders and healthcare for all. Many who voted for this don't.

All lives matter? I think they should. But I seriously question if all lives matter to the people pushing this. Sorry if this story offends some of you. But it brings up HUGE questions as to the motivations of those who are part of the 'deport them now' and those that claim that we can't afford immigrants who are going to be a burden on our taxpayers.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-n...ent-doctor

The bill was sponsored by Fortenberry, who has some very strong views against immigrants.
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2017 03:48 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
07-19-2017 03:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: GOP grants permanet res. status to foreign child seeking healthcare in the US
Trump intervened to let the Afghan girls compete in the robotics competition. Not white, not Christian, not English.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
07-19-2017 03:41 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: GOP grants permanet res. status to foreign child seeking healthcare in the US
there is no questioning the micro wizard that waves it this way...../r

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
07-19-2017 03:44 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(07-19-2017 03:39 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  I doubt he would have gotten the same assistance if he had been

1) Of color

I'm glad he's getting the care. Is this experimental program open to all American kids who are of color at the same (free) price?

What about Syrian kids? What about American kids who have a parent who is undocumented?

If we're going to help people, lets do it equitably. Do Syrian lives matter less than white, Christian lives?

The optics on this are terrible. http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-n...ent-doctor

All lives matter? I think they do. But I seriously question if all lives matter to the people pushing this. Sorry if this story offends some of you. But it brings up HUGE questions as to the motivations of those who are part of the 'deport them now' and those that claim that we can't afford immigrants who are going to be a burden on our taxpayers.

The bill was sponsored by Fortenberry, who has some very strong views against immigrants.

05-nono

Mother of Zika baby born in New Jersey says she flew to America to seek treatment after doctors in Honduras 'underestimated' her symptoms - and the U.S. citizen baby will cost AT LEAST $1million to treat
Baby born with Zika-linked microcephaly in New Jersey doctors confirmed
Mother, 31, contracted virus while in Honduras and traveled to New Jersey to visit family and seek treatment 33 days ago
She was admitted to Hackensack University Medical Center where she gave birth to a baby girl on Tuesday who has intestinal and visual complications
The mother said her initial symptoms, a rash and fever, were 'underestimated' by medical doctors in Honduras
She thinks she may have contracted Zika from a mosquito bite
It's estimated to cost at least $1million to treat a baby with Zika
According to CDC, 346 travel-related cases have been reported in 41 states
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ptoms.html
07-19-2017 03:52 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
You've already been busted on this one earlier Tom as your entire premise is a bald faced lie, and it was called out, before it was pulled off the other thread.

(Unfortunately the two posts had to be removed, and I only caught a glimpse of it before the mods pulled it to keep the other thread on topic, so I dont' remember who put the other post up with links).
07-19-2017 03:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

Since 1965 we have had pretty much all Brown/Black immigration, tossed in in with Asians, from 3rd world countries.
Most diverse nation, by far, on the planet. We have 15-20 Million mostly Brown illegals here. 2 times, Reagan and Bush 1, we gave amnesty to brown illegals about 7.5 Million total.
07-19-2017 03:56 PM
Advertisement

Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
I'm guessing if English Socialized medicine had not condemned the kid to death without a fight this would not have been necessary.
07-19-2017 04:22 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-19-2017 03:52 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(07-19-2017 03:39 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  I doubt he would have gotten the same assistance if he had been

1) Of color

All lives matter? I think they do. But I seriously question if all lives matter to the people pushing this. Sorry if this story offends some of you. But it brings up HUGE questions as to the motivations of those who are part of the 'deport them now' and those that claim that we can't afford immigrants who are going to be a burden on our taxpayers.

05-nono

Mother of Zika baby born in New Jersey says she flew to America to seek treatment after doctors in Honduras 'underestimated' her symptoms - and the U.S. citizen baby will cost AT LEAST $1million to treat
Mother, 31, contracted virus while in Honduras and traveled to New Jersey to visit family and seek treatment 33 days ago
She was admitted to Hackensack University Medical Center where she gave birth to a baby girl on Tuesday who has intestinal and visual complications
The mother said her initial symptoms, a rash and fever, were 'underestimated' by medical doctors in Honduras

That baby is a US citizen. Charlie wasn't born a US citizen. I think they should both get care and the fact that they both get care should be celebrated. If you celebrate Charlie getting care, you should celebrate the American citizen of Honduran parentage getting care.
07-19-2017 04:34 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry

1) Of color

All lives matter? I think they should. But I seriously question if all lives matter to the people pushing this. Sorry if this story offends some of you. But it brings up HUGE questions as to the motivations of those who are part of the 'deport them now' and those that claim that we can't afford immigrants who are going to be a burden on our taxpayers.

Did you just assume this child's gender? You bigot!
07-19-2017 04:42 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(07-19-2017 04:34 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  That baby is a US citizen. Charlie wasn't born a US citizen. I think they should both get care and the fact that they both get care should be celebrated.

Oh yea, because your OP reeked of celebration...
07-19-2017 04:42 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(07-19-2017 04:34 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(07-19-2017 03:52 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

1) Of color

05-nono

That baby is a US citizen. Charlie wasn't born a US citizen. I think they should both get care and the fact that they both get care should be celebrated. If you celebrate Charlie getting care, you should celebrate the American citizen of Honduran parentage getting care.

It is an anchor baby. She came here to have the baby so US taxpayers would take care of the costs. Most of the civilized world does not recognize anchor babies as citizens. The Mother should be deported. Charlie's parents have raised millions to pay USA Doctors, Honduran Mom is making American's pay for her Zika baby.
07-19-2017 04:44 PM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
So we have the usual sub-par hateful thread.

...not surprised
07-19-2017 04:45 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(07-19-2017 04:45 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  So we have the usual sub-par hateful thread.

...not surprised

It's not about LGBTQLMNOP issues, take small victories when you can get them.
07-19-2017 04:59 PM
wahoowa Offline
All American

I Root For:
DonatorsDonators
(07-19-2017 04:59 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  
(07-19-2017 04:45 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  So we have the usual sub-par hateful thread.

...not surprised

It's not about LGBTQLMNOP issues, take small victories when you can get them.

What if that was a child of a same sex couple? Oh wait, never mind.
07-19-2017 05:05 PM
HCJag Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
(07-19-2017 03:39 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  I support open borders and healthcare for all. Many who voted for this don't.

Do you ever stop to wonder just how much that would cost and where the money would come from? It all sounds good until you start looking at the numbers. Ask California. If my math was correct - and even if it isn't it would be astronomical - it would have come out to around $12,500 per year on average for every man, woman and child, and that's not even counting the coverage they wanted to extend to the illegals. Just imagine what it would cost for those covering the subsidies. The money's got to come from somewhere unless you plan to swim in debt, which they already are. And if you plan on passing it on to the employer, they won't be there long.
07-19-2017 06:10 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(07-19-2017 04:42 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

1) Of color

Shameful behavior from Tom. I disavow.
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2017 06:23 PM by Kronke.)
07-19-2017 06:22 PM
Advertisement

ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
Open borders...and...free health care for all. On the big rock candy mountain.

07-19-2017 06:46 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(07-19-2017 06:46 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  Open borders...and...free health care for all. On the big rock candy mountain.

they think it's cool to be diamonds in the rough.....they have these on the counter at the clinic as a reminder.....

[Image: Ring-pops2.jpg]
07-19-2017 07:00 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(07-19-2017 04:22 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  I'm guessing if English Socialized medicine had not condemned the kid to death without a fight this would not have been necessary.

And this is the issue that seems to be getting overlooked.
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2017 09:19 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
07-19-2017 09:18 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-19-2017 06:22 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(07-19-2017 04:42 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

1) Of color

Shameful behavior from Tom. I disavow.

While we put thousands of of color kids at risk with Trump's bans and demands to deport kids fleeing violence in Central America
07-19-2017 10:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.