Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tom Herman wants to play Texas A&M
Bookmark and Share
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
Tom Herman wants to play Texas A&M
Herman gave these remarks at Big 12 media days...

"I don’t know why we can’t play A&M as our marquee non-conference opponent.”
07-19-2017 02:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
RE: Tom Herman wants to play Texas A&M
It really is pretty stupid, especially considering all presidents, ADs, and coaches have changed since 2011
07-19-2017 02:16 PM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas
(07-19-2017 02:16 PM)Gamecock Wrote:  It really is pretty stupid, especially considering all presidents, ADs, and coaches have changed since 2011

Two nouns solves this mystery Scoob:
1. DeLoss Dobbs
2. Butthurt
07-19-2017 04:41 PM
10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I Root For: A&M, TCU
Like I said in the other thread, the UT AD understands (and Herman admitted as well) that the reality with their current schedule is they have no marquee rivalry game for the fans at home.

But like I also said, the problem is the ego involved. UT will only resume the series if they get to pretend that they absolutely didn't want it but were forced into it by the people of Texas and of course by little brother A&M who desperately wants them back because we just can't live without them. Which as you can imagine does not engender a desire to resume the series on our part.

Further, most of our fans are smart enough to see that they need this game way more than we do right now. Our schedule is awesome every year theirs is garbage. They need us to sell tickets we don't. They need this to get recruiting back on track. We don't.

but what it really comes down to is that if we were drowning like they are now, they wouldn't throw us a lifeline, they would step on our neck and finish the job. So WTF should we throw them a life line?
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2017 04:48 PM by 10thMountain.)
07-19-2017 04:45 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(07-19-2017 04:41 PM)murrdcu Wrote:  
(07-19-2017 02:16 PM)Gamecock Wrote:  It really is pretty stupid, especially considering all presidents, ADs, and coaches have changed since 2011

Two nouns solves this mystery Scoob:
1. DeLoss Dobbs
2. Butthurt

Actually Deloss Dodds is gone. So Gamecock raises a good point. if the coaches, A.D.'s and Presidents have changed what does that leave? BMD's.

When the BMD's want the game played, it will be played. Those you blame were merely the hired hands. Texas's ego = BMD's. Texas's spite= BMD's.
07-19-2017 04:46 PM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
I think the question is whether or not Herman is speaking out of turn. Is this purely his opinion or a subtle effort to extend an olive branch on the part of the powers that be?

Personally, I'd love to see that game again even if it's not contained in the SEC.
07-19-2017 06:04 PM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(07-19-2017 04:45 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  Like I said in the other thread, the UT AD understands (and Herman admitted as well) that the reality with their current schedule is they have no marquee rivalry game for the fans at home.

But like I also said, the problem is the ego involved. UT will only resume the series if they get to pretend that they absolutely didn't want it but were forced into it by the people of Texas and of course by little brother A&M who desperately wants them back because we just can't live without them. Which as you can imagine does not engender a desire to resume the series on our part.

Further, most of our fans are smart enough to see that they need this game way more than we do right now. Our schedule is awesome every year theirs is garbage. They need us to sell tickets we don't. They need this to get recruiting back on track. We don't.

but what it really comes down to is that if we were drowning like they are now, they wouldn't throw us a lifeline, they would step on our neck and finish the job. So WTF should we throw them a life line?

So hypothetically, if a H/H contract were offered by UTA, would the Aggies reject it out of hand IYO?
07-21-2017 07:48 AM
Advertisement

10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I Root For: A&M, TCU
(07-21-2017 07:48 AM)vandiver49 Wrote:  
(07-19-2017 04:45 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  Like I said in the other thread, the UT AD understands (and Herman admitted as well) that the reality with their current schedule is they have no marquee rivalry game for the fans at home.

So hypothetically, if a H/H contract were offered by UTA, would the Aggies reject it out of hand IYO?

Well that has to be hypothetical since any UT AD who refused to play to the arrogance and ego of the UT BMAs and actually came to A&M hat in hand and offered to resume the series would be fired the next day.

But to answer the hypothetical, it would be tough for our AD because it's a very divisive topic among the fans. I would say 2/3rds are firmly against playing UT outside of the post season while the other 1/3rd who tend to be older and bigger donors want it back. So taking a position on it either way is going to hurt the ADd pockets which is why ours is content to let the UT BMAs huff and puff.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2017 10:27 AM by 10thMountain.)
07-21-2017 10:26 AM
XLance Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
Texas v. Texas A&M was the only game I ever watched involving Texas, and in all honesty the only Oklahoma game I ever watched was when they played Nebraska.
07-21-2017 12:11 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(07-21-2017 12:11 PM)XLance Wrote:  Texas v. Texas A&M was the only game I ever watched involving Texas, and in all honesty the only Oklahoma game I ever watched was when they played Nebraska.

I'm right there with you X. I always rooted for the Aggies against the Horns and I always rooted for the underdog in the OU/NE game and secretly hoped for a tie (back in the day).
07-21-2017 01:12 PM
Advertisement

XLance Online
Hall of Famer

(07-21-2017 01:12 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(07-21-2017 12:11 PM)XLance Wrote:  Texas v. Texas A&M was the only game I ever watched involving Texas, and in all honesty the only Oklahoma game I ever watched was when they played Nebraska.

I'm right there with you X. I always rooted for the Aggies against the Horns and I always rooted for the underdog in the OU/NE game and secretly hoped for a tie (back in the day).

Sorry JR, I could never bring myself to root for the NC State of Texas. I always thought that the Longhorns were the "good guys".
07-21-2017 01:47 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(07-21-2017 01:47 PM)XLance Wrote:  

Sorry JR, I could never bring myself to root for the NC State of Texas. I always thought that the Longhorns were the "good guys".

Well I've always been more grass roots, or even vox populi, than divine right in my orientation. Work hard, feather your own nest, keep others out of your business and your pockets, and respect only those who earn that honor. Texas hasn't earned that honor in my lifetime, but then neither have your Heels!
07-21-2017 01:58 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(07-21-2017 01:47 PM)XLance Wrote:  

Coming from a Tar Heel fan that makes perfect sense (even though it's 100% wrong).
07-21-2017 03:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

XLance Online
Hall of Famer

You plebeians are all alike.
07-21-2017 04:10 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(07-21-2017 04:10 PM)XLance Wrote:  You plebeians are all alike.

If the history of the world tells us anything it is that you will eventually answer to us.
07-21-2017 04:15 PM
XLance Online
Hall of Famer

(07-21-2017 04:15 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(07-21-2017 04:10 PM)XLance Wrote:  You plebeians are all alike.

If the history of the world tells us anything it is that you will eventually answer to us.

I can see "classic" matchups returning to everyone's schedules (you are already seeing them scheduled, Pitt/Penn State, Oklahoma/Nebraska et al.)
These will be nationally broadcast games because they have content value as opposed to Penn State vs. Rutgers, as an example, which would be slated to the BTN.

And JR, history has shown that the rabble has indeed overthrown their betters, only then to demonstrate their own incompetence at leadership while the Peers continue to amass resources and influence decision making without having to step into the political arena.
07-23-2017 06:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.