WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thankfully the cupboard is not bare for coach Lester. 4 Broncos up for awards
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU & UofM
Thankfully the cupboard is not bare for coach Lester. 4 Broncos up for awards
Several Broncos are on watch lists for CFB awards.

Darius Phillips up for Hornung Award. Awarded to college footballs most versatile player. A threat to take it to the house on every touch, be it defensively, KR or PR. and he switched from WR.
http://detroitsportsnation.com/college-s...ist/94413/

Ernsberger up for Mackey award for best TE in the nation. He may not win this award but I think he's a critical cog in the machine as our new QB and WRs figure out the offense. Very good blocker and continually improving as a pass catcher.

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/story...468507001/

Keenoy and Okorafor on Outland watch list for best interior lineman. 2 of 6 MAC lineman on an 81 man list. The line is still stocked with talent following NFL departures of Beavers and Moton in consecutive seasons.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/co...475855001/

Besides these recognized individuals we are fortunate that we have many returning starters and depth at many position during the coaching transition.
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2017 04:06 PM by WMUlaxer97.)
07-18-2017 06:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
RE: Thankfully the cupboard is not bare for coach Lester. 4 Broncos up for awards
What he said- "Thankfully the cupboard isn't bare for Coach Lester."

What he meant- Peej left Lester a lot of talent, he better step up.

Terrel, Beavers, Moten, Zamora, Currie, Celiscar, Henry, McKinney. Nah, he had nothin..........1-11
07-18-2017 07:01 PM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
RE: Thankfully the cupboard is not bare for coach Lester. 4 Broncos up for awards
(07-18-2017 07:01 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  What he said- "Thankfully the cupboard isn't bare for Coach Lester."

Terrel, Beavers, Moten, Zamora, Currie, Celiscar, Henry, McKinney. Nah, he had nothin..........1-11

It's all about PJ with you. Move on.
07-19-2017 07:23 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
Oh I moved on. Happy as a clam. Unlike some I don't dwell on who we lost or how it effects our future. I have a ton of confidence in the future of this program.

One thing Peej did really well was he sold the city and the campus. The current staff does that as well, and regardless of who the HC is the caliber of the school and the dynamics of the city will stay constant.
07-19-2017 12:23 PM
BroncoMinor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
(07-18-2017 07:01 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  What he said- "Thankfully the cupboard isn't bare for Coach Lester."

This is getting so tiring.
07-20-2017 07:17 PM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

(07-18-2017 06:29 PM)WMUlaxer97 Wrote:  Several Broncos are on watch lists for CFB awards.

Darius Phillips up for Hornung Award. Awarded to college footballs most versatile player. A threat to take it to the house on every touch, be it defensively, KR or PR. and he switched from WR.
http://detroitsportsnation.com/college-s...ist/94413/

Ernsberger up for Mackey award for best TE in the nation. He may not win this award but I think he's a critical cog in the machine as our new QB and WRs figure out the offense. Very good blocker and continually improving as a pass catcher.

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/story...468507001/

Keenoy and Okorafor on Outland watch list for best interior lineman. 2 of 6 MAC lineman on an 81 man list. The line is still stocked with talent following NFL departures of Beavers and Moton in consecutive seasons.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/co...475855001/

Besides these recognized individuals we are fortunate that we have many returning starters and depth at many position during the coaching transition.

Bogan and Franklin up for Doak Walker award for nation's top running back.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/...103863486/
-Western Michigan is one of only a few teams that can boast more than one candidate on the 61-player watch list — SEC heavyweights Alabama and Georgia are among the others — and, in Franklin and Bogan, have a pair who boast solid credentials.
07-23-2017 04:06 PM
Advertisement

WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

Jarvion is up for the Walter Camp, Player of the year, award. http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/...103890594/
07-23-2017 04:09 PM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

Apparently some NFL scouts and college staffers think highly of Darius too. They have him 5th on this list. Makes you wonder if the new WR corps struggles would Phillips pull a Woodson and play WR too. https://twitter.com/nfl_cfb/status/888039569580535809
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2017 09:48 PM by WMUlaxer97.)
07-23-2017 09:28 PM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

Bogan also considered for the Wuerffel trophy. For college football's top community's servant. What I believe to be one of the best recognitions in college sports. Zachary was a well deserving semi-finalist last season.

http://m.leaderpub.com/2017/07/19/bronco...atch-list/
07-23-2017 09:48 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/story...504318001/

Beal traded in his 18 for a 1.

Our defense has swagger and is PLAY MAKING LEGIT.

I'm not accepting the oh dear me, Toledo is better than us, 9 wins max predictions.

There are so many studs on this roster, and we've upgraded our coaching as far as in-game tactics. Don't buy the limitations being set on expectations.
07-24-2017 12:50 PM
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

(07-24-2017 12:50 PM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/story...504318001/

Beal traded in his 18 for a 1.

Our defense has swagger and is PLAY MAKING LEGIT.

I'm not accepting the oh dear me, Toledo is better than us, 9 wins max predictions.

There are so many studs on this roster, and we've upgraded our coaching as far as in-game tactics. Don't buy the limitations being set on expectations.

Me either. We are still the best team in the MAC personnel wise. Our East crossovers are weak. Going to Toledo will be tough, but they are replacing a bunch of guys too.

I believe in this defense. Especially if we can land Clark and he can play right away.
07-24-2017 02:07 PM
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Online
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
In 2015 Bowling Green St won the MAC.

After playing Tennessee close in Week 1, they beat Maryland in Week 2, and lost to only Toledo in the MAC. They beat Northern Illinois big in the MAC Championship game.

Then Dino Babers was hired away to Syracuse.

They lost the Bowl Game big and then finished in the bottom of the MAC this past year. Wins included a 1 point win vs the FCS and a win over not-much-better Kent St.

My question is: How likely is it we suffer a similar fate to BGSU?
That is, go from MAC Champion to virtual cellar dweller? NIU was obviously able to sustain success with the departure of Carey, as was Central Michigan, but it's VERY possible we plummet just like BGSU.
Why did BGSU fall after Dino Babers left?
What'll prevent us from that?
If Babers had returned in 2016, would BGSU have been as bad?

I know we aren't BGSU fans, but wondering how likely we struggle like they did.
07-24-2017 04:17 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

BGSU took a huge hit from graduation/transfers/injury and so on after that 2015 season.
07-24-2017 04:23 PM
wmutkelaw Offline

I Root For: WMU and VALPO
So what will it take for some to start the 'fire Lester' thread?
07-24-2017 08:29 PM
GullLake Offline
Support Hong Kong protesters!

I Root For: Joe Manchin
(07-24-2017 08:29 PM)wmutkelaw Wrote:  So what will it take for some to start the 'fire Lester' thread?

Lose to Central Michigan...
07-24-2017 08:33 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(07-24-2017 08:33 PM)GullLake Wrote:  
(07-24-2017 08:29 PM)wmutkelaw Wrote:  So what will it take for some to start the 'fire Lester' thread?

Lose to Central Michigan...

0-3 start?

Wagner?
07-25-2017 02:12 AM
Advertisement

wmutkelaw Offline

I hope Lester proves me wrong. But I think the hire was extremely neutral. Again, I hope I am proven wrong and Lester has a great career at WMU. I just fear we are headed towards mediocrity.
07-25-2017 11:47 AM
wmutkelaw Offline

...this is rich, coming from a guy who wished Cubit was never fired back in the day.
07-25-2017 11:54 AM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
(07-25-2017 11:54 AM)wmutkelaw Wrote:  ...this is rich, coming from a guy who wished Cubit was never fired back in the day.

People can be wrong, then learn, and get right.
07-25-2017 11:55 AM
ElFanatico Offline
1st String

I Root For: David Kool 3's
(07-23-2017 09:28 PM)WMUlaxer97 Wrote:  Apparently some NFL scouts and college staffers think highly of Darius too. They have him 5th on this list. Makes you wonder if the new WR corps struggles would Phillips pull a Woodson and play WR too. https://twitter.com/nfl_cfb/status/888039569580535809

Has this idea been actually considered by the coaching staff? If we're sustaining the talent drop from last year to this year at WR that we all expect, this doesn't seem that far fetched for a playmaker and all purpose threat Phillips has proven to be. He seems like he'd be a much more capable offensive player than Peppers turned out to be.
07-25-2017 12:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.