Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Quarterback Shuffle - Your prediction?
Bookmark and Share
pgreen822 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: NIU
Quarterback Shuffle - Your prediction?
Who will start in Game 1? Who will start in Game 4? Give me your predictions!
07-18-2017 03:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: Quarterback Shuffle - Your prediction?
I don't think Carey has the stones to go Childers even if he has a good fall, so he does what he did in 2014. 3 man rotation. Macintosh, Hare, Maddie is now Graham, Santa, Childers. We shouldn't need much offense to keep the BC game close. So the logical choice is Graham. But he will have a short leash unless he really shines. Same for Santa and Childers in the second half of that game. The eastern game may be divided up evenly and the final audition for whom ever really gets a full shot at #1 QB in Lincoln. It's just the safest/easiest move and takes the onus off of the coach.

So Graham game 1. But it's just a CYA move as they battle it out over the next 8 quarters.
07-18-2017 04:21 PM
oilgasusa Offline
Special Teams

Gotta be Childers! Nothing against the other 2, but I think we need an athletic Georgia boy. Would be nice to have a 4 year starter, just need to take a chance on him. My niece went to school with him and said he's a stud. In the other 2 we get mediocrity, and we've seen it.
07-18-2017 04:49 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(07-18-2017 04:49 PM)oilgasusa Wrote:  Gotta be Childers! Nothing against the other 2, but I think we need an athletic Georgia boy. Would be nice to have a 4 year starter, just need to take a chance on him. My niece went to school with him and said he's a stud. In the other 2 we get mediocrity, and we've seen it.

Good to know. Is he also good at football? 05-duck
07-18-2017 05:00 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

Childers wasn't in the conversation when spring ball started and he worked his way into it. That leads me to believe he was the best QB during spring ball.

It'll be him.
07-18-2017 05:31 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

I think most here are pulling for it to be Childers, but I'm not sure in his first ever action you should put him up against the best defensive end in the country. They may move Harold Landry to where ever Roberts is blocking and that could be a disaster for our QB. It's a good game for Grahams quick, short passing along with game experience.

While I hope Graham is a back up all year, something in his defense that no one probably has noticed....his opponents. Grahams opponents have a combined win% of .689 @ 78-36(tol,WMU,Ohio,buff,boise,usf,sdst,wiu(this ruined him), tol)So while I don't want him to be the starter, he's probably not quite as bad as we have him.

I'd like Childers to get some spot play until The MAC opener. And if he shows he can handle it, then let him loose.
07-18-2017 06:22 PM
Advertisement

oilgasusa Offline
Special Teams

(07-18-2017 05:00 PM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  
(07-18-2017 04:49 PM)oilgasusa Wrote:  Gotta be Childers! Nothing against the other 2, but I think we need an athletic Georgia boy. Would be nice to have a 4 year starter, just need to take a chance on him. My niece went to school with him and said he's a stud. In the other 2 we get mediocrity, and we've seen it.

Good to know. Is he also good at football? 05-duck

My niece was an athlete in high school, and thought Childers was a great athlete. She probably wouldn't have minded if he had asked her out.
07-18-2017 06:58 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
If graham is QB I'm going to very few games. We know how that story ends
07-19-2017 12:42 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
My guess is that Graham is our number 1 QB. I believe his father is a big supporter of NIU Athletics. At any rate, Graham is a nice kid and I wish him all the best.
07-19-2017 07:52 AM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(07-18-2017 06:22 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  I think most here are pulling for it to be Childers, but I'm not sure in his first ever action you should put him up against the best defensive end in the country. They may move Harold Landry to where ever Roberts is blocking and that could be a disaster for our QB. It's a good game for Grahams quick, short passing along with game experience.

While I hope Graham is a back up all year, something in his defense that no one probably has noticed....his opponents. Grahams opponents have a combined win% of .689 @ 78-36(tol,WMU,Ohio,buff,boise,usf,sdst,wiu(this ruined him), tol)So while I don't want him to be the starter, he's probably not quite as bad as we have him.

I'd like Childers to get some spot play until The MAC opener. And if he shows he can handle it, then let him loose.
I don't think your logic is wrong here, but I would rather Childers get a crash course against BC and Nebraska than have him learning during conference play. With adequate QB play (that's a big if as of now), this team can get back to Detroit.

BC in your first start is a tall task, but maybe being an unknown will work in his favor.
07-19-2017 07:55 AM
NIU1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Peace & Equity
I'm guessing that if the competition is still close through fall camp Graham will get the start against BC just because he has the most experience. I agree with the assessment that this could play out like 2014.
07-19-2017 08:35 AM
Advertisement

Huskie Tom 51 Offline
Water Engineer

(07-19-2017 08:35 AM)NIU1981 Wrote:  I'm guessing that if the competition is still close through fall camp Graham will get the start against BC just because he has the most experience. I agree with the assessment that this could play out like 2014.

03-banghead
07-19-2017 12:32 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I would take all 3 of the 2014 group over any of these 3 lol

Although I am hopefully for Childers
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2017 12:44 PM by 7.)
07-19-2017 12:44 PM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I still think Santa showed he was head and shoulders better than Graham at the end of last year. He was a much better runner and showed he had potential in the passing game. If Childers can beat him out then great. I think Graham is taking valuable snaps from the two guys that could lead us back to the top of the MAC.
07-19-2017 03:46 PM
uiniu57 Online
All American

I Root For: Amanda Sauer
(07-18-2017 05:31 PM)7 Wrote:  Childers wasn't in the conversation when spring ball started and he worked his way into it. That leads me to believe he was the best QB during spring ball.

So no one is considering this was part of Carey's master plan to help light a fire under Graham, or maybe Santa? Or is it possible, Carey and Company haven't figured it out yet......or they ever will?
07-19-2017 03:56 PM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-19-2017 03:56 PM)uiniu57 Wrote:  
(07-18-2017 05:31 PM)7 Wrote:  Childers wasn't in the conversation when spring ball started and he worked his way into it. That leads me to believe he was the best QB during spring ball.

So no one is considering this was part of Carey's master plan to help light a fire under Graham, or maybe Santa? Or is it possible, Carey and Company haven't figured it out yet......or they ever will?

Giving snaps to an undeserving player would only undermine the confidence in the coaching staff, and I'm not sure if that's something our staff can afford at this juncture...
07-19-2017 04:00 PM
Advertisement

7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

Yeah giving a guy undeserving reps for motivation is stupid lol
07-19-2017 04:02 PM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

Then again I wonder if the players feel the same way about Graham as I do. Of course, I'm not at practice every day.
07-19-2017 04:04 PM
Huskie Tom 51 Offline
Water Engineer

Santa and Graham are NOT D-1 QB's. They are clip board holders at best. If either one of them is our QB this year, we won't win more than 3 games.
07-19-2017 04:05 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(07-19-2017 04:05 PM)Huskie Tom 51 Wrote:  

Santa and Graham are NOT D-1 QB's. They are clip board holders at best. If either one of them is our QB this year, we won't win more than 3 games.

They won the last two games with Santa last year lol
07-19-2017 04:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.