Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Starting lineup/Playing Time?
Bookmark and Share
Coast2Coast Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UNCW
Starting lineup/Playing Time?
There's not a lot of action on the board so I thought it would be fun to speculate on the starting lineup and playing time. Here's mine.

PG - Ty Taylor/Talley/Brown/Gary
SG - Fornes/Richmond/Gary
SF - Estime/Fornes
PF - Cacok/Bryan/Elmore
C - Trey Kalina/Bryan/Elmore

I think those in bold will get the significant minutes. Hopefully, I'm not forgetting anybody.

Thoughts?

Coast2Coast
07-18-2017 10:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

bricksnivy Offline
1st String

RE: Starting lineup/Playing Time?
Talley is a starter next year, IMO. He'll start over Taylor, but otherwise it looks pretty accurate. A lot of new faces, so it's hard to tell. My only other question is Elmore. I think he'll get a shot at significant PT.
07-18-2017 01:35 PM
billthebighawksfan Offline
1st String

Gary has a lot of offensive tools. He can really shoot it and pass that pill so he will be a factor in time. I could see Elmore as more of a factor too especially in a pick and pop scenario. Hopefully all 4 of the frontcourt guys are working on fundanmentals.

I would give Talley the first shot at PG unless someone like Taylor is just the bomb. Talley is very good overall and a real leader. Fornes should be ready to roll-Hawks need his offense/shooting. It's too early to tell for the other wing, but there are options-a freshman or 2 will have to step up in some capacity whether that's starting or off the bench. Cacok is a lock to start and be first team All CAA unless he gets hurt. Let's hope that another big or 3 steps up to help.
07-18-2017 06:56 PM
82hawk Offline
All American

I Root For: UN CW
1 - Talley/Gary
2 - Taylor/Richmond
3 - Fornes/Estime
4 - Cacock/Elmore
5 - Kalina/Bryan

Feel pretty confident about this projected lineup.
07-18-2017 08:34 PM

surfsalot Offline
Bench Warmer

You guys just don't get it. Cacok is not a 4. He is a 5 and that is where he will play. The 7 footer will back him up. Elmore and Bryan will battle for the 4 spot plain and simple. Fornes is on fire and he will see plenty of minutes. Talley will run point with Ty covering.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2017 09:12 PM by surfsalot.)
07-18-2017 08:55 PM
getmhawks Offline
Bench Warmer

Man this is hard without getting some good looks at the new guys. I think we'll play deep. The guys that play smart and pickup the new system will get minutes. Feel like Fornes will breakout this year. Hoping so. The kid just lost his mom so would love to see him do well this year.
07-18-2017 10:37 PM
82hawk Offline
All American

I Root For: UN CW
(07-18-2017 08:55 PM)surfsalot Wrote:  You guys just don't get it. Cacok is not a 4. He is a 5 and that is where he will play. The 7 footer will back him up. Elmore and Bryan will battle for the 4 spot plain and simple. Fornes is on fire and he will see plenty of minutes. Talley will run point with Ty covering.

UNCW basketball is transitioning to a more traditional lineup with big men at the 4 and 5. Cacock does not have the size to play at the pro level as a 5, and i'm confident the coaching staff wants him to have that opportunity. He's working on his outside shot and video shows him taking jumpers from the FT line. He is, however, a prototype power forward IF he can develop an outside jumper.
07-19-2017 05:02 AM

surfsalot Offline
Bench Warmer

(07-19-2017 05:02 AM)82hawk Wrote:  
(07-18-2017 08:55 PM)surfsalot Wrote:  You guys just don't get it. Cacok is not a 4. He is a 5 and that is where he will play. The 7 footer will back him up. Elmore and Bryan will battle for the 4 spot plain and simple. Fornes is on fire and he will see plenty of minutes. Talley will run point with Ty covering.

UNCW basketball is transitioning to a more traditional lineup with big men at the 4 and 5. Cacock does not have the size to play at the pro level as a 5, and i'm confident the coaching staff wants him to have that opportunity. He's working on his outside shot and video shows him taking jumpers from the FT line. He is, however, a prototype power forward IF he can develop an outside jumper.
Valid points, just don't see him being a 4 this year. Maybe by his senior year he will have those skills, but not this year.
07-19-2017 05:41 AM
surfsalot Offline
Bench Warmer

(07-19-2017 05:02 AM)82hawk Wrote:  

Valid points, just don't see him being a 4 this year. Maybe by his senior year he will have those skills, but not this year.
07-19-2017 05:41 AM
94Hawk Offline
Water Engineer

You have a lineup full of guards so I hope McGrath will run with what he has. No need to try to put a square peg in a round hole. Kalina should probably be a backup from what I have read. Losing the guy to K State hurts but I'd play Cacok at the 5 and run like crazy. It has worked for the past 3 years.
07-19-2017 08:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.