Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question for UTEP people.
Bookmark and Share
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
Question for UTEP people.
Very seriously considering coming in for our game. I believe it's October 7th. The wife has been wanting to visit 2 cousins that live in Austin and Kerrville. So I'm thinking of why not check out the most famous stadium in our conference.

Any tips on where to stay or not stay. Should I find a place near stadium or is parking easy enough to stay a distance and then drive on in? Any must see things in the area? I'm thinking about tacking on a trip to San Diego afterwards. Figure if I've gone that far I might as well go the distance. Have always wanted to see MCRD San Diego from the outside of the fence.

Must eat restaraunts will be fine too please. I don't need 5 star for grub. It all ends up tootsie roll anyway. But I do want to enjoy it and not be cramping from it.

Thanks in advance.

P.s. What's the campus like? Should we pencil in time to take a stroll on campus as well?
07-17-2017 01:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Irish Rowdy Online
Special Teams

I Root For: UTSA
RE: Question for UTEP people.
Lol, you know how far Austin is from El Paso right?
07-17-2017 02:13 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(07-17-2017 02:13 PM)Irish Rowdy Wrote:  Lol, you know how far Austin is from El Paso right?

Lol, you know how far I can drive in a day? You think I haven't googled the distances when planning a 2 week trip? You think I'll be a hella lot closer to El Paso from Kerrville than I would be from Bowling Green?

I take it all back. Probably half an hour right? I have no idea.

Edit: cause I'm still shaking my head. You ******* Texans. Nobody knows how big Texas is so we better tell them. Every other sentence out of our mouths. I've been to the Metroplex more than I care to admit. Know Houston all too well. Spent vacations in San Antonio and the Kerrville area. Spent a week at Port Aransas. Went all the way to Nuevo Laredo one time. So I kinda do have an idea how big Texas is. What I haven't done is been to El Paso and their famous football stadium. And was curious what they have to offer.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2017 02:49 PM by dahbeed.)
07-17-2017 02:43 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(07-17-2017 02:43 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(07-17-2017 02:13 PM)Irish Rowdy Wrote:  Lol, you know how far Austin is from El Paso right?

Lol, you know how far I can drive in a day? You think I haven't googled the distances when planning a 2 week trip? You think I'll be a hella lot closer to El Paso from Kerrville than I would be from Bowling Green?

Edit: cause I'm still shaking my head. You ******* Texans. Nobody knows how big Texas is so we better tell them. Every other sentence out of our mouths. I've been to the Metroplex more than I care to admit. Know Houston all too well. Spent vacations in San Antonio and the Kerrville area. Spent a week at Port Aransas. Went all the way to Nuevo Laredo one time. So I kinda do have an idea how big Texas is. What I haven't done is been to El Paso and their famous football stadium. And was curious what they have to offer.

Just a hop, skip, and jump from San Diego
07-17-2017 03:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(07-17-2017 03:40 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  

I believe Google had it at 10 hours from El Paso to SD. Just like me driving to Orlando to visit my dad. I believe Kerrville was a little over 7 hours to El Paso. I looked them up awhile back when the seed started on this trip.

I'd like to see Yuma again. Said nobody ever. But if I'm visiting old MC bases I've spent time at, I might as well catch as many as I can. It's on the way from EP to SD.

My oldest son married a missionary kid that grew up 8-18 in Mayheeco. Met her at Western. He went down and visited her family to ask her dad if he could propose. They took him to the Sun Bowl for the bowl game. He said it was the greatest setting he's ever been to for a football game. It's probably the only stadium in the conference that I'd like to see.
07-17-2017 03:50 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(07-17-2017 03:50 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  

I believe Google had it at 10 hours from El Paso to SD. Just like me driving to Orlando to visit my dad. I believe Kerrville was a little over 7 hours to El Paso. I looked them up awhile back when the seed started on this trip.

I'd like to see Yuma again. Said nobody ever. But if I'm visiting old MC bases I've spent time at, I might as well catch as many as I can. It's on the way from EP to SD.

My oldest son married a missionary kid that grew up 8-18 in Mayheeco. Met her at Western. He went down and visited her family to ask her dad if he could propose. They took him to the Sun Bowl for the bowl game. He said it was the greatest setting he's ever been to for a football game. It's probably the only stadium in the conference that I'd like to see.

Sounds like a great trip. Do it now while you can...........

That is one worry I have -- I'm an older father of young children -- I'm hoping I'm still around and able (like you) to do some cross-country trips that they will remember. Screw Disney World.
07-17-2017 03:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(07-17-2017 03:53 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  
(07-17-2017 03:50 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  

Sounds like a great trip. Do it now while you can...........

That is one worry I have -- I'm an older father of young children -- I'm hoping I'm still around and able (like you) to do some cross-country trips that they will remember. Screw Disney World.

Disney trips have there place amigo. Did 2 big ones 6 years apart with my sons. Great memories. Since I retired 2 and a half years ago I've been to visit fam in Florida multiple times. Finally got back to North Carolina where I was stationed for the first time since I left over 30+ years ago. I'm probably running my parents down to Orlando area in a couple weeks so they can visit old friends. I'll hit the beach.

I'm at a good place and time.
07-17-2017 04:02 PM

Eagle Lurker Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(07-17-2017 01:44 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  Very seriously considering coming in for our game. I believe it's October 7th. The wife has been wanting to visit 2 cousins that live in Austin and Kerrville. So I'm thinking of why not check out the most famous stadium in our conference.

Any tips on where to stay or not stay. Should I find a place near stadium or is parking easy enough to stay a distance and then drive on in? Any must see things in the area? I'm thinking about tacking on a trip to San Diego afterwards. Figure if I've gone that far I might as well go the distance. Have always wanted to see MCRD San Diego from the outside of the fence.

Must eat restaraunts will be fine too please. I don't need 5 star for grub. It all ends up tootsie roll anyway. But I do want to enjoy it and not be cramping from it.

Thanks in advance.

P.s. What's the campus like? Should we pencil in time to take a stroll on campus as well?

I found it easy to stay in the hotel that is right on the edge of campus when I went over for our game a couple of years ago. Hilton Garden Inn I believe. I could walk to the stadium from there and I took Uber most everywhere else.
07-17-2017 05:29 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
07-17-2017 05:33 PM
Green Menace Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Watch out for the tarantulas.

Native Texan
07-17-2017 06:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.