Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Other Schools Thoughts on UMKC
Bookmark and Share
RoosHouse Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UMKC
Other Schools Thoughts on UMKC
Since nobody at other schools in MVC thought highly of UMKC and really didn't want us besides Wichita St. I was wondering what other WAC schools thought about us? Do you think we should leave/be replaced? I guess this thread could include Chicago St or the east portion of WAC. Do you think our schools have potential?
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2017 02:39 PM by RoosHouse.)
07-16-2017 02:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

edinburger Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UTRGV
RE: Other Schools Thoughts on UMKC
(07-16-2017 02:38 PM)RoosHouse Wrote:  Since nobody at other schools in MVC thought highly of UMKC and really didn't want us besides Wichita St. I was wondering what other WAC schools thought about us? Do you think we should leave/be replaced? I guess this thread could include Chicago St or the east portion of WAC. Do you think our schools have potential?

Every night I give a prayer of thanks that we have UMKC. And Chicago State. Because if it weren't for you, UTRGV wouldn't be in a conference with an automatic bid and we'd go back to being a drifting lonely unattached outpost of Division I with not even the theoretical possibility of a post season.

And unlike some other WAC schools we don't constantly whine that we could do better or that we could replace you with someone better. Believe it or not, people at UTRGV are proud of being in the WAC.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2017 03:28 PM by edinburger.)
07-16-2017 03:23 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
A WAC Sheriff!

I Root For: NM State
All schools have potential. Its just whether they reach it or not. With Richardson I believe UMKC's potential is limited to being in the middle of the WAC. He can't justify buy in post season tournaments forever as success. He is 54-75 as head coach. I though it was a mistake that he got a contract extension and can see him being UMKC's version of Cameron Dollar.

Richardson has had some good recruits. But I don't think he has properly utilized them.
07-16-2017 03:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RoosHouse Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UMKC
My ideal Wac Would be

East Division
1.UMKC
2.Chicago St. replace with Oral Roberts if bankrupt
3.NMSU
4.UTRGV
5.Denver

West Divsion
1. GCU
2. CSUB
3. UVU
4.Cal Baptist
5. UCSD
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2017 03:51 PM by RoosHouse.)
07-16-2017 03:50 PM

RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CSUB
I like UMKC, personally. I mean, the WAC is what it is currently and they are in the conference, however the reason. So, yah, I want them to be good to raise the level of the conference.
I do wish more Roo fans would visit this board though. I think maybe the lack of participation may tend to have some wonder about the Roo's ..... fit though. (??)

Currently mobile....away from the house or on the 'throne.'
07-16-2017 05:38 PM
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Seattle U
I dont dislike UMKC (or Chicago State) but I'd prefer both wernt in the WAC and instead were two Texas or western schools.
07-16-2017 09:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gleadley Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GCU
(07-16-2017 02:38 PM)RoosHouse Wrote:  Since nobody at other schools in MVC thought highly of UMKC and really didn't want us besides Wichita St. I was wondering what other WAC schools thought about us? Do you think we should leave/be replaced? I guess this thread could include Chicago St or the east portion of WAC. Do you think our schools have potential?

I'm largely indifferent to UMKC. I don't like or dislike the university or teams. You just... exist. Everyone loves an underdog, so I do like and root for Dildy/Chicago St to find success.
07-16-2017 10:48 PM

SoCalBobcat78 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Texas State
I agree with Crimson that schools have potential. What I like about UMKC is that they are the only D1 school in the city and there is no NBA team in the city. Their issues are attendance and interest in their program. It seems like no one cares about UMKC basketball.

I thought Richardson might do a better job of recruiting and player development, having coached with Rick Pitino. The men's athletic programs at UMKC are not impressive. No football, no baseball, men's soccer was dead last in the WAC and men's basketball has been mediocre. The AD needs to fix that.

UMKC should stay in the WAC. If they can win in the WAC in basketball maybe that opens up some interest from the MVC.
07-17-2017 09:29 AM
dancingNMSUaggie Online
Special Teams

I Root For: NMSU
UMKC brings excellent academics, a great television market, and a great historical basketball facility to the WAC. I like the Midwest flavor the Roos and Chicago State bring to the WAC.
07-17-2017 09:45 AM
SoCalBobcat78 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Texas State
(07-17-2017 09:45 AM)dancingNMSUaggie Wrote:  UMKC brings excellent academics, a great television market, and a great historical basketball facility to the WAC. I like the Midwest flavor the Roos and Chicago State bring to the WAC.

+1
07-17-2017 10:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.