How'd y'all bloodhounds miss this?
07-12-2017 03:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODUBB35 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: How'd y'all bloodhounds miss this?
Sounds great. If we want to get to be a P5 Program, let's start acting like a P5 Program.
07-12-2017 03:38 PM
Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

Great news...now they can focus on recruiting and bringing up our recruiting rankings.
07-12-2017 03:48 PM
Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

Question: When is Harry Minium not an ODU beat writer?

Answer: When he's pretending to be a sports columnist
07-12-2017 03:48 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
(07-12-2017 03:48 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  Great news...now they can focus on recruiting and bringing up our recruiting rankings.

Bobby will be the first to tell you that he cares more about how a player fits into the program then he does with their recruiting ratings are and it's worked out pretty well so far
07-12-2017 05:39 PM
Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

That sounds like pretty standard fare. Not many coaches are going to say they don't really care how a player fits, they just want the highest rated players.
07-12-2017 06:08 PM
Advertisement

monarx Online
Hall of Famer

Ray Lawry, Oshane Ximines and Shuler Bentley are three of the highest rated guys we've had. 2 out of 3 isn't too bad. Ratings aren't worthless, but they aren't everything. Just look at Taylor Heineke.
07-12-2017 06:32 PM
CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

This was a good move.
07-12-2017 07:11 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-12-2017 06:08 PM)Old Dominion Wrote:  That sounds like pretty standard fare. Not many coaches are going to say they don't really care how a player fits, they just want the highest rated players.

Serious?
07-12-2017 08:09 PM
Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

(07-12-2017 05:39 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(07-12-2017 03:48 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  Great news...now they can focus on recruiting and bringing up our recruiting rankings.

Bobby will be the first to tell you that he cares more about how a player fits into the program then he does with their recruiting ratings are and it's worked out pretty well so far

That's fine but find higher rated players that fit in the system. If not we will continue to get our asses handed to us against mediocre G5 and low P5 programs.
07-12-2017 08:11 PM
Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

(07-12-2017 06:32 PM)monarx Wrote:  Ray Lawry, Oshane Ximines and Shuler Bentley are three of the highest rated guys we've had. 2 out of 3 isn't too bad. Ratings aren't worthless, but they aren't everything. Just look at Taylor Heineke.

Sorry Monarx but you are talking one and 2....we need 15 to 20 of them.
07-12-2017 08:13 PM
Advertisement

757ODU Offline
All American

Oh good....this again 03-puke
07-13-2017 06:48 AM
odu09 Offline
Heisman

Wait are we going to turn every single thread about football into a thread about recruiting rankings? Sounds fun!!!
07-13-2017 07:44 AM
Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

Maybe because success in football is largely about recruiting. Now that we have stabilized our staff maybe we can begin to build relationships and grow our recruiting profile. That is the connection !!
07-13-2017 07:56 AM
Retroview1955 Offline
1st String

I figured there maybe have been a link to this story already here some place. People here always beat me to posting links.
07-13-2017 08:20 AM
BluesTraveler Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ODU, Michigan
On a somewhat related topic, I have noticed that very few people comment on the Pilot for ODU sports stories. I do now and then, but I am a little surprised to see so little interest. I have not been on this excellent Board long enough to get a good feel for the culture, but are there any thoughts about why there is so little posting on the Pilot?
07-13-2017 08:59 AM
Advertisement

Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-13-2017 08:59 AM)BluesTraveler Wrote:  On a somewhat related topic, I have noticed that very few people comment on the Pilot for ODU sports stories. I do now and then, but I am a little surprised to see so little interest. I have not been on this excellent Board long enough to get a good feel for the culture, but are there any thoughts about why there is so little posting on the Pilot?

I don't waste my time. The comments on pilot online, while entertaining at times, are really stupid.
07-13-2017 09:01 AM
ODU_NYG Offline
All American

(07-13-2017 09:01 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(07-13-2017 08:59 AM)BluesTraveler Wrote:  On a somewhat related topic, I have noticed that very few people comment on the Pilot for ODU sports stories. I do now and then, but I am a little surprised to see so little interest. I have not been on this excellent Board long enough to get a good feel for the culture, but are there any thoughts about why there is so little posting on the Pilot?

I don't waste my time. The comments on pilot online, while entertaining at times, are really stupid.

I agree. Most of the comments are about how ODU will never be as big as VT and FB at ODU in general is a waste of time and we should be using those resources for academic purposes.
07-13-2017 09:03 AM
Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

(07-13-2017 09:03 AM)ODU_NYG Wrote:  

I agree. Most of the comments are about how ODU will never be as big as VT and FB at ODU in general is a waste of time and we should be using those resources for academic purposes.

Most pilot on line posters are very low information, jealous, casual followers who mostly hate.
07-13-2017 09:08 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-13-2017 09:08 AM)Old Dominion Wrote:  
(07-13-2017 09:03 AM)ODU_NYG Wrote:  

Most pilot on line posters are very low information, jealous, casual followers who mostly hate.

I wonder if a bunch of them post on here?
07-13-2017 09:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.