I Root For: Arkansas State
UALR Will Conduct Football/Marching Band Feasibility Study
07-12-2017 10:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
RE: UALR Will Conduct Football/Marching Band Feasibility Study
(07-12-2017 10:13 AM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  http://lrtrojans.com/sports/2017/7/11/fo...study.aspx

There are three types of studies.

1. School wants to add and hires someone to prove they are right to do it.

2. School doesn't want to add and hires someone to prove it is a bad idea.

3. School is getting some gruff about needing to add it, and they want someone to price tag on it to see where the chips may fall.

Wichita State about 10 years ago did a study to prove they couldn't bring it back. Then more recently had one done to prove they could. Then AAC called and now they seem to be pretending the favorable study never happened.

UALR ain't got the money. So they are either doing a study to prove it isn't feasible. Or they are doing it to set a price tag and they'll hang up and listen to see if anyone will write a check.
07-12-2017 10:35 AM
ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
Also UALR is only going to have to pay 1/3 of the cost of the feasibility study. The City of Little Rock, and the Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism will pay the other 2/3 of the cost for the feasibility study.
07-12-2017 10:40 AM
EigenEagle Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
(07-12-2017 10:35 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(07-12-2017 10:13 AM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  http://lrtrojans.com/sports/2017/7/11/fo...study.aspx

3. School is getting some gruff about needing to add it, and they want someone to price tag on it to see where the chips may fall.

Wichita State about 10 years ago did a study to prove they couldn't bring it back. Then more recently had one done to prove they could. Then AAC called and now they seem to be pretending the favorable study never happened.

UALR ain't got the money. So they are either doing a study to prove it isn't feasible. Or they are doing it to set a price tag and they'll hang up and listen to see if anyone will write a check.

Our FBS feasibility study was hardly sunshine and unicorn farts. It said FBS was doable but it didn't paint an overly rosy picture of the amount of new revenue we'd get for sure. It was a pretty interesting look of finances of the football program and FBS that you would not normally get.

Of course these will usually ultimately side with the administration, but you do need some level of objectivity or else why even do it in the first place?
07-12-2017 10:58 AM

ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
(07-12-2017 10:58 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  
(07-12-2017 10:35 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  

Our FBS feasibility study was hardly sunshine and unicorn farts. It said FBS was doable but it didn't paint an overly rosy picture of the amount of new revenue we'd get for sure. It was a pretty interesting look of finances of the football program and FBS that you would not normally get.

Of course these will usually ultimately side with the administration, but you do need some level of objectivity or else why even do it in the first place?
Just from the way the study is being financed it looks like to me that it would be a non bias for or against.
07-12-2017 11:07 AM
RamblinRedWolf Offline
2nd String

Not necessarily. LR Mayor Mark Stodola has been pretty vocal about Little Rock getting a football team the last couple of years (especially when it started to appear the Razorbacks were going to stop playing games entirely in Little Rock after 2018).

https://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/ar...ll-at-ualr

I don't know how far he'd actually go to back up his talk, but if he were to get the city behind him on helping the Trojans jump start a football program I think it could be very realistic. Also, I know LR AD Chasse Conque has said on the record before he felt that if South Alabama could successfully field a football team he felt Little Rock could too
07-12-2017 11:15 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
95 percent of this is just fluff because they've been getting external pressure to consider starting one since the Almighty Razorback appears to be leaving town at the end of 2019.

Little Rock is soon faced with the very real possibility of a 55K seat empty football stadium with nothing to use it for other than host High School Football games.

Essentially, they are going to get the information they need, and see if the city of Little Rock can find a few donors to write a gigantic blank check.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2017 11:26 AM by chiefsfan.)
07-12-2017 11:25 AM

Bobcat2013 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Texas State
Would stAte consider playing games there?
07-12-2017 11:29 AM
RamblinRedWolf Offline
2nd String

Yep, not only are they trying to add more high school football games there along with UAPB playing two games there this season (wouldn't be surprised if they continue doing this for the forseeable future).

We haven't played at War Memorial since getting our tails kicked in 2006 by Okie State. It seemed to be a priority of our previous administration to try to play in little rock every so often (in the early 2000s we played a game against San Jose State there, pretty sure ULM a couple of times) but I highly doubt we will, especially with all the money we're putting into our football facilities recently (unless WM stadium or other officials made it worth our while) which from my understanding they've never tried to do.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2017 11:31 AM by RamblinRedWolf.)
07-12-2017 11:29 AM
ApexRedWolf Offline
Bench Warmer

Can't believe Im actually doing this but...

Wolfbird pretty much summed it up on the stAte board:
Quote:There is enough money in Little Rock to make it work. No doubt there.

I however do doubt that the holders of that money care enough about UALR to buy them a football team when they spend 8 Saturday’s a year watching the Pigs.
07-12-2017 11:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.