Would appreciate anyone who cares to to voice your thoughts to Cincinnati Bell

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/08/wou...e-dog.html

07-09-2017 08:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

mptnstr@44 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
RE: Cincinnati Bell
(07-09-2017 08:02 AM)Fubar Wrote:  Would appreciate anyone who cares to to voice your thoughts to Cincinnati Bell

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/08/wou...e-dog.html

If he is an installer I can see where the service dog might be an issue going into homes with other dogs or severely allergic owners but I have to believe he could be assigned to install at homes without dogs or people with allergy issues.

Wounded vets should be accommodated is at all possible or be found a position within an organization that can accommodate their needs.

This guy wants to work and his PTSD is a result of his service. Everything should be done for those who have served their country. Shame on Cincinnati Bell.

07-09-2017 09:09 AM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
The guy is an installer. I'm all for accommodating vets but that's a ridiculous expectation to be able to take a pet into other people's homes.

This "service dog" stuff is getting ridiculous. Anyone who can get a doctors note about depression or anxiety wants to have their "service dog" with them everywhere.

Just last night I was at a huge church festival and a my buddy's kid got yelled at for petting a "service dog". If you need a dog with you constantly just to exist then a church festival probably isn't a great place to go and especially not kiddie land where there are a thousand dog loving kids running around.

07-09-2017 11:02 AM
robertfoshizzle Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Cincinnati Bell
I don't allow animals in my house. Sorry, not sorry.

07-09-2017 11:21 AM

Banter Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UC Bearcats
My dog would not take kindly to another dog in the house, nor do I want a strange dog in my house.

07-09-2017 03:42 PM
Nobones Offline
2nd String

Do we even know if he would be taking the dog into the house. If he has a van he could say in the van when he is at the home. Just run the engine and air for the dog. There are ways around this. We have trained service dogs for vets and you just have to think about the issues and work thru them with the dog and the owner.

07-09-2017 04:20 PM
Nobones Offline
2nd String

Plus technically it is not a service dog it is a emotional support dog.There are different rule for each. A service dog has to perform a task. Such as open doors or pick thing up or be the persons eyes and such.

07-09-2017 04:25 PM

BearcatBeta Offline
All American

I Root For: $ in my mailbox
I'm all for any military recognition and benefits. This topic
goes in Cincinnati off topic

07-09-2017 06:12 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Three Floyds

Donators
If someone brings a support dog into my house, it will be dogmaggeddon...my bulldog was coined "the meat missle" by Eastside for a reason and her brother the 165 lb Dane puppy is part mustang and part crocodile. Bring Fido in my pad without body armor and the dog will need an emotional support dog too. 03-lmfao

07-09-2017 06:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BearcatJerry Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC Bearcats
My parish has a veteran who attends who has a "companion" dog, pretty much as is being described here. She (the vet) got into it pretty hard with another parishioner who actually trains bone fide "Service Animals": guide dogs, etc... The vet (who, PTSD aside is not the most stable person) gets pretty bothered that restaurants do not accord her dog privileges like the full "service animals" and often refuse the dog entrance.

It's a nice enough dog and fairly well behaved, but is clearly NOT...and never will be...a bone fide "Service Animal." You can't tell the dog's owner that, though. The dog is an invaluable companion but simply does not have the temperament to be a Service Animal. To be fair, not many dogs do.

It's like I may play rec softball, but that doesn't make me a big-league ball player.

07-09-2017 06:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.