Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mitchell Robinson not going to WKU or is he?
Bookmark and Share
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: Marshall U

Donators
MyBB Mitchell Robinson not going to WKU or is he?
Drama all over Twitter today.
@GoodmanESPN
07-08-2017 04:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

LouisvilleHilltopper Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WKU
RE: Mitchell Robinson not going to WKU or is he?
Goodman basically perpetuated a message board rumor just so he could cause all kinds of drama and swoop in a dispel it. His "sources" are crap.
07-08-2017 04:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Niner National Online
Heisman

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
We should have a clearer picture on Monday. If he is in class for second session, the rumors die. If he's not they'll intensify.
07-08-2017 06:02 PM
WKUYG Away
Heisman

(07-08-2017 04:59 PM)LouisvilleHilltopper Wrote:  Goodman basically perpetuated a message board rumor just so he could cause all kinds of drama and swoop in a dispel it. His "sources" are crap.

It was a lot more than a rumor, Stansbury spent all day yesterday at his home. I think by Western refusing to give him a release and not wanting to go play overseas for a year helped in the matter. But this was a lot more than a rumor.
07-08-2017 07:12 PM

BalancedManSPE Offline
Banned

I Root For: VDBL
It's never good to refuse to release. That can backfire bigtime.

Who can blame Robinson for wanting to leave when Shammond Williams resigned. You have to think that cutting Damari Parris from the team on the last day set off this chain of events. Williams had been working with Parris extensively.

It will be interesting to see how this goes.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2017 07:51 PM by BalancedManSPE.)
07-08-2017 07:48 PM
Theflash Offline
Special Teams

It's all a circus at this point. I love my school, but something is not right at all.
07-08-2017 08:32 PM
AdoptedMonarch Online
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
(07-08-2017 07:48 PM)BalancedManSPE Wrote:  It's never good to refuse to release. That can backfire bigtime.

Who can blame Robinson for wanting to leave when Shammond Williams resigned. You have to think that cutting Damari Parris from the team on the last day set off this chain of events. Williams had been working with Parris extensively.

Why not?

I've seen that stated many times, but I've never understood why it is assumed that a school will just rollover and grant a release whenever some kid (who has taken away a scholarship opportunity from someone else) has a change of heart.

I understand family circumstances. I understand a change in head coach. But a change in assistant coach?

Unless there's something more to the story, I'm glad that WKU refused the release.
07-08-2017 08:48 PM

WKUYG Away
Heisman

(07-08-2017 08:48 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  
(07-08-2017 07:48 PM)BalancedManSPE Wrote:  It's never good to refuse to release. That can backfire bigtime.

Why not?

I've seen that stated many times, but I've never understood why it is assumed that a school will just rollover and grant a release whenever some kid (who has taken away a scholarship opportunity from someone else) has a change of heart.

I understand family circumstances. I understand a change in head coach. But a change in assistant coach?

Unless there's something more to the story, I'm glad that WKU refused the release.

If Western refused to give him a release that is a clear sign .....

Stansbury wasn't doing anything he wasn't suppose to be doing by getting this kid to sign. If something like a lot of people think went on. He would get his release without a fight. This kid is projected middle 1st round up to as high as I believe 10th. He has very little to lose if he wanted to push that button.
07-08-2017 09:05 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

(07-08-2017 04:59 PM)LouisvilleHilltopper Wrote:  Goodman basically perpetuated a message board rumor just so he could cause all kinds of drama and swoop in a dispel it. His "sources" are crap.

I dont like Goodman either but he talked to his mom, so that's a pretty good source in my book....Monday should be the key but his mom could off threw that theory off too a little when she said she is not sure when he will be on campus...So who knows?, Stans get MR on the court in Nov, he should get a huge raise for that alone...This has not been easy and I know why his godfather was let go....This is not Stans fault, just unfortunate timing and bad breaks.....WKU fans are used to bad breaks as we have been dealing with them for awhile now....Still holding out hope we get Robinson back but we still say its 50/50....Robinson is hearing from all kinds of people right now, you can bet that..
07-08-2017 09:08 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(07-08-2017 08:48 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  

Why not?

Its a little thing called talking to recruits in the future. When recruiting against that team another coach can look at a player and say, "I don't know if you would want to play there, look at what they done to ________ and not give him a chance to be released when he ask for it."

Plus it just makes the school look bad in not granted the kid his/her release. Yes scholarships are only good for 1 year but if a player really doesn't want to be at a school why should a school force them to be there. Do you actually believe a kid that is not granted his/her release will actually stay there and if he would do you think he/she would give 100% on the floor.

Take no other look than at Jon Elmore for the answer to those last 2 questions. VMI didn't release him from his scholarship until last month.

I can't stand Jeff Goodman, he is an ESPN robot for the P5 conferences and rarely if anytime has anything good to say about NP5 programs. But this time he isn't pulling things out of thin air, the source is Robinson's own mother.
07-08-2017 10:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.